Can’t get the cool ash blonde colour I crave, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jenna:hug:

Thank you for your offer its so kind of you, I dont want you getting in trouble by giving me a discount you shouldnt have to, but Im really grateful for your kind offer, but I will come and see you as soon as I can. Where are you again? Im terrible at directions, do you have a website etc? It will be in a few weeks time when my roots start to annoy me (which wont be long as they are showing already!!!:rolleyes:)

Iv sent you pics of my haircolour, for you to see the colour and give me your honest opinion, I can take it, if im being silly!! I do know people can get wrapped up in their hair and focus on it, but I have asked family members , and they do say its not what Iv asked for and has got ginger bits in it etc, so will see what a professional hairdresser has to say:)

Cheers everyone:hug:

Last edited:
hiya, ive emailed you back
Yes the highlights are stripy and there's weepage at the side. the ginger bits look like the old brown bleached slightly and it looks like the new brown hasnt been left on long enough, the toner defo hasnt.
not worth £140! but not a disaster ether so dont worry too much!!
im in Northwich, from chester its straight down the A556(?) bypass, then off a roundabout and your there! i wotn get in trouble for just discounting the blowdry, i can say your family/friends. x

Hi ya

Thank you soooo much for your advice, I was starting to doubt myself:eek:

I feel better now knowing I am right, but sad my hair isnt right after all that money, still cant believe I paid all that to be honest never have done inmy wholelife and thought if I did would get the colour I liked, but lessoned learned.

Shame I cant put the pics on here it wont let me so others can see where Im coming from:idea:

Never mind. I will book myself with you in a few weeks time, will be glad to get it sorted

cheers hun your a life saver or should I say hair saver:lol:

xx:hug:

il pop them on now

think the pics are too big and you've sent them as read only so i can't edit it sorry, unless you send them again using a prgram like word, paintshop pro or paint! x

Hi Jenna

Iv re saved as JPG, and downsized them, and sent them too you, hope you can put them on for me:) iv tried but i think i need to subscribe to have the privelage which i havent got round too, so will have to sort out very soon

cheers hun:hug:

nenee:hug:

here are the pics if anyone else is still reading the thread hehe:confused:

Attachments

• BLEACHED.JPG
    BLEACHED.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,257
  • GINGER.JPG
    GINGER.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 881
  • STREAKS.JPG
    STREAKS.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 1,932
  • TOPOFHEAD.JPG
    TOPOFHEAD.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 875
Thanks for doing that for me, well I have sort of over took my own thread havent I lol didnt know that was possible, but then it is me he he :lol:they are all from me oops:eek::Grope:

Will be interesting to see what others think although the pics are a little small after i down sized them, but i think they are ok:)

cheers

Hiya I can see what you mean too
but Its not quite as bad as I had imagined :eek:
and as Jenna said ,
it is nothing so bad that it cant be fixed ,
I actually think with a little bit of tweaking by jrobinson, it will be absolutley fine x :hug: minky

Hi ya

I know what you mean about could of been worse, I am relieved, but they could of been a lot better for £140 quid, saying that if id paid £60 I still would of liked cool fine ash blonde highlights like I aked for:cry:, instead of stripey ginger brassy ones:confused: and now the hassle and more money from my side to sort them out:rolleyes: But I didnt go to have my hair coloured only to feel after it was done that it could of been worse, I wanted to feel that my hair looked nice.

I suppose its like looking at it this way, if i ordered a lovely lobster meal from a top restaurant and paid a lot of money to do so, but then they served me chips and curry sauce which I hated, then i had to pay again to get what I ordered in the first place, I wouldnt be too pleased I guess lol:green::lol:

But Il get them sorted and put it down to an expensive dissapointing experience:eek:

cheers:hug:

Last edited:
Hiya I can see what you mean too
but Its not quite as bad as I had imagined :eek:
and as Jenna said ,
it is nothing so bad that it cant be fixed ,
I actually think with a little bit of tweaking by jrobinson, it will be absolutley fine x :hug: minky

Hi ya

I know what you mean about could of been worse, I am relieved, but they could of been a lot better for £140 quid, saying that if id paid £60 I still would of liked cool fine ash blonde highlights like I aked for:cry:, instead of stripey ginger brassy ones:confused: and now the hassle and more money from my side to sort them out:rolleyes: But I didnt go to have my hair coloured only to feel after it was done that it could of been worse, I wanted to feel that my hair looked nice.

I suppose its like looking at it this way, if i ordered a lovely lobster meal from a top restaurant and paid a lot of money to do so, but then they served me chips and curry sauce which I hated, then i had to pay again to get what I ordered in the first place, I wouldnt be too pleased I guess lol:green::lol:

But Il get them sorted and put it down to an expensive dissapointing experience:eek:

cheers:hug:

Minky is looking at it from a pro perspective - so as a hairdresser she has seen worse whereas you are looking at it as the customer who didn't get what they paid for (quite rightly). So it's not that anyone is saying you're over-reacting just that there have been far worse cock-ups that have needed putting right......:hug:

I'm not hairdresser but I have been on the end of phone calls about how 'terrible' a persons nails are and they can't bear to look at them but when I get there I've so seen worse, lol!!!!!

I do know where you're coming from though, I recently had colour that wasn't what I asked for but my hairdresser put it right for me at only a nominal extra charge (although he's not as expensive as you paid!). Hope Jenna can sort it for you.

Hi ya

Please please dont think I was being defensive with minky, I value her opinion and I agree with it totally from a hair dressers point of view:).

I was just trying to put my feelings with the whole thing across because I feel BAD for WINGEING believe it or not, as Iv never complained or been one of those clients who go from hair dresser to hair dresser and are never happy, iv been with my previous one for 4 years. I just dont want people thinking Im un happy for nothing and I am embarrassed by the whole thing:o:o:o But Im not happy with the result and wanted to get help:cry:,

I also came on here to get honest opinions on my hair, as I do realise clients can be obsessed or focus on certain things like their hair and not see what others see:rolleyes:, so I wanted to make sure I wasnt being un reasonable. Iv had clients my self in the nail industry and know how it feels to be the therapist givng the treatment etc.

Please dont think I was being negative at all towards Minky I just felt bad and felt I had to explain why Im on here moaning about my hair which is not the norm for me and I feel uncomfortable doing so :rolleyes::smack:

cheers Hun:hug:

nenee

Sorry, was trying to help and I shouldn't have spoken for Minky (should have kept mouth shut!!!!!). I'm butting out cos I have no pro advice to offer.

1. You are quite right to complain if you're unhappy, no matter how big or small the problem
2. You haven't upset or offended me :hug: and I'm not butting out in a huff :):hug: (honest, lol!!!!)

Phew, hope I've made myself clear......!

heh dont worry, didnt think that at all:hug:

glad of your advice hun:)

cheers

nenee:)

Hiya , its me minky ,:confused: x
I just wanted to say that I totally understand where you are coming from , with your hair colour,:hug:
you wanted ash blonde thin highlights , and you got really chunky ones with ginger in them :cry: , which sucks
I really do understand how unhappy you are ,
and you are going though a horrible time with your hair ,

you are probably at the stage of thinking about going back to the salon and asking her to fix it ,
which for £140 I would too,

I know it is horrible waking up each day to a hair colour you hate ,
I think you should ring this hairdresser and first book in for a chat and a consultation with her a.s.a.p ( dont worry she will get the message )
then at the consultation you could say
" look I am most unhappy with the hair colour ect ,
and ask her what she can do to make it better for you ?
then let her offer to put it right

I am pretty sure it should all go well as she knew you wern't too happy from the start ,
let us know what happens and what you decide ?

Ps Vetty was right about how we see a heck of a lot worse , :hug: lolx

but when its our own hair we feel it is really bad as its our crowning glory :hug: x minky x

Thank you minky for your words of support and great advice I really appreciate it.

You have all gone out of your way to help and advise me even though its not life or death so to speak he he lol:)

I have always known it could be worse like you said and was very conscious of not wingeing for no reason:o.

I have contacted the salon and im waiting a response (did it very nicely said I loved my cut but not got the colour I asked for) so will see what happens:eek:

cheers hun x

The only difference between a bad color and a good color is the number of times it had to be done before you liked it. Color isn't too hard to fix, it takes a little thinking but can usually be done.

Let us know how you get on, with pics of the new improved color too!!

this sort of thing happens far too much , all it takes is for the hairdresser to take care not to pick up any of the darker colour while mecheing the blonde, therefore not turning any of it orangeish or redish or yellow ish . i never use any higher peroxide than 6% with bleach i find any higher and the product swells therefore just leaving bubbling bleach on the hair and worse lots of room for bleeds .white bleach with 6% only takes about 20 to 30 mins to lift on natural base 7 if that . after lifting i use a 5 min toner of high lift ash again with 6% which is diluted as i put it straight on after the bleach is shampooed off, we use schwartzkoff igora royal so i use 12.2. it tones any yellow away with out damaging the hair.and over bleach gives the lovely cool ash tone.. in my experience especially in sunderland no matter where the salon or how much you pay and what the salon is called you still have shaz from up the road doing your hair.:)

Hi everyone

I thought I would give you an up date on my hair colour problem:)

After speaking to Liz Collinge herself(she rang me personally, after I contacted the manager about being un happy with the result):eek:

I sent her the photos of my coulour and she offered to re do my colour free of charge in Manchester paying my travelling expenses too, so of course I took the offer.

I went to the Andrew Collinge salon in the trafford centre and had the stylist who had an actual "Degree in Loreal colouring" she was very good and new her stuff, she saw that my highlights had been heavily applied and even said she could get rid of the orange ones:rolleyes: and she said she could easily put them in as a fine weave so they would break up the stripes of colour I had, and clean it up, she looked at my natural hair colour ans said there should be no reason why I didnt have a cool ash result last time as there is hardly any red or warmth in my hair colour, as sometimes this can be the reason why we cant achieve cool tones.

The result was lovely Im so so happy:) she did the following:

Used 6/7.1 with an added ash in it, and 3 different types of 8.2 in Loreal, two of the 8.2 said m/w on the paper she had on the bowl, what ever that means, with 2 types of bleach one with a conditioner or something in it for the ends, she also said she would use some kind of gel with no colour in it to remove the brassy tones from the hair in places? She must of had about5 bowls with different colours.

She applied loads of very fine weaves doing a piggy back 4 in places if that makes sense , sorry Im not a hair dresser so trying to dsescribe her technique, i had lots and lots of foils in my hair and new shed put them in fine.

The result is very natural and a cool clean ash blonde, it does have some darker blondes with some darker colours in it also, this gives it a natural look as it would be a full head of pale blonde otherwise, and she didnt want to do just two colours so id end up stripy brown and white.

Im so happy, they even give my a gift bag full of products, im so glad i listened to everyone and went back as didnt have to pay again and felt better as she agreed my hair was not what i asked for, but its now the colour I love. My hubby says its beautiful and very natural, so thats a positive too.

I cant up load photos for some reason on here someone else had to do it for me last time so cant show you the new colour.

Only problem is it took over an hour to get to Manchester, so a bit too far to keep going back, Il see if Jenna is still happy to do my hair in the future and can use the same colours as I like them:)

Thats fantastic , I am so glad you went back ,
I knew you would in the end :hug:
because I could see you going through all the stages and emotions that you have to go through for you to pluck up the courage to go back ,
which is never easy :hug: x
Ps , I would love to see the photos ,
:hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back