Can’t get the cool ash blonde colour I crave, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree about using the violet/ash shampoo I have noticed a difference by using it.

Hi ya

Which violet shampoo do you use hun? as i use matrix violet shampoo and havent seen any difference:confused: iv also tried the andrew collinge violet range and it makes no difference either, someone mentioned scwarzopzh or something sorry spelt wrong:eek: has any one given that a whirl, i also find when i use the matrix violet shampoo it dries my hair out making it feel rough, maybe cause its got ammonia in it? so dont like using it if i can help it. any other ranges you use i could give them a whirl as i love products lol

cheers
nenee:hug:

have you tried so silver? that one is what we use in the shop, and also 10v mousse is good for a boost of ash xx

sp silver saver is a godsend
x

and pure pearl conditioner by redken

I agree about using the violet/ash shampoo I have noticed a difference by using it.

Hi Paulette,
your hair looks nice in the avatar is that through using the shampoo ?

:hug: minky

so, what tone is '2'?
violet, depending on the type, it may be a blended violet, meaning it's actually a beige blonde, not a true violet. Their new metallics line is a blended line that is mostly violet or violet/ash base. Here's how our (US) loreal numbers translate:
1=blue
2=violet
3=gold
4=copper
5=mahogany
6=red
7=green/ash

not sure if they are the same, but I imagine it's identical since the packaging in multiple languages.

Hi Paulette,
your hair looks nice in the avatar is that through using the shampoo ?

:hug: minky

Well I now have 2 colours in my hair for the weaved highlights. The usual Magma 89+ and 12/11 which obviously on my dark hair comes out a little golden but does give enough contrast for what I prefer. I tend to prefer a lighter contrast as you may have read from previous threads! I have started using a shampoo which I bought from Boots of all places as I had a voucher and to be totally fair it has made the blonde much brighter as I do get fade with the magma, tone drops after a few weeks. I also use the tone booster which comes in the range also. I dont want to name the range as I should promote professional products really!!
I have bought colourfresh Silver violet but am a little afraid to use it at the moment as my ends are very dry as I have not had a haircut for ages as I have been growing my hair.

and pure pearl conditioner by redken

This product is amazing, I have really pale blonde hair which is highlighted but can sometimes go yellow but I LOVE the effect this product gives, I have pale ash blonde using the following products

COLOR SAVE SILVER SHAMPOO BY SCHWARZKOPF

I ADD 6-8 DROPS OF RED GOLD CORRECTOR PLUS TO MY SHAMPOO (by Ardell)

AND FINALLY

REDKEN BLONDE GLAM PURE PEARL

This gives me the color I want which I think is the colour your looking for.

My hair is in great condition considering I have highlights every 5 weeks (roots) the Redken has helped wonders HTH

:irked:

Hi there

I have been having my hair coloured with highlights for years and im getting more and more depresed as i go and pay out a fortune in the process:irked: I just dont seem to get the colour I like, i hope im not too picky:rolleyes:.

I have a 7 ish base colour (dark mousy blonde) and i love the cool ash blonde, but i keep ending up with yellow or golden blonde tones even though i take in pictures and say i dont like yellow or golden tones and i would like a cool blonde ash etc, they seem to get what im saying but i still end up with yellow stripes ahhhh:mad:

I have been having 6 % bleach highlights with 6/7 chocolate brown which became too dark, i tried another hairdresser (cause the other one said thats the only brown she could use??) I had today, 7,13 beige brown with a base colour, with 6 % blue bleach 20 2 : 1 ratio the bleach being the 2 ratio, followed by a toner which was left on for 3 mins all the colour was from Loreal. Iv come away with yellowish thick striped highlights and some ginger ones here and there????:cry::cry:

Please any advice and any recommendation of a expert colourist in the wrexham or chester area?

cheers:)

Im really upset as i paid £140 for the colour and cut, i love the cut though:)
:irked:

Hi there

I have been having my hair coloured with highlights for years and im getting more and more depresed as i go and pay out a fortune in the process:irked: I just dont seem to get the colour I like, i hope im not too picky:rolleyes:.

I have a 7 ish base colour (dark mousy blonde) and i love the cool ash blonde, but i keep ending up with yellow or golden blonde tones even though i take in pictures and say i dont like yellow or golden tones and i would like a cool blonde ash etc, they seem to get what im saying but i still end up with yellow stripes ahhhh:mad:

I have been having 6 % bleach highlights with 6/7 chocolate brown which became too dark, i tried another hairdresser (cause the other one said thats the only brown she could use??) I had today, 7,13 beige brown with a base colour, with 6 % blue bleach 20 2 : 1 ratio the bleach being the 2 ratio, followed by a toner which was left on for 3 mins all the colour was from Loreal. Iv come away with yellowish thick striped highlights and some ginger ones here and there????:cry::cry:

Please any advice and any recommendation of a expert colourist in the wrexham or chester area?

cheers:)

Im really upset as i paid £140 for the colour and cut, i love the cut though:)
I thought I was reading something I wrote myself. I have the same problem. My hair seems to have a lot of red in it. (Mum was a redhead) but my base colour is a 6/7
I was trained as a hairdresser years ago, but left the profession. I go into a hairdresser and continually tell them that I dont want any warmth in it and want an ash blonde. Cool tones. Im fed ip with coming out with golden blonde.
So much so I just live with it. Im so fed up, im even thinking of growing all my colour out and just going grey! (Im going grey, but still at that salt and pepper stage)

Im also saddened that a lot of hairdressers are too happy to let you leave their salons unsatisfied. That would never have happened 30 years ago. (I know that not all are like this. But a growing number are, in my own personal experience. Having been a hairdresser, I tend not to be akward or complain. I just dont go back)
My latest experience with my current hairdresser is that she charged me £80 for my roots (normally £40 and missed a big section on my left side. I told her about it and she said it was ‘natural growth’ what 5 days later. Then prior to Christmas she got people to book in on xmas eve (i didnt really need it) then the week before Christmas eve she put a piece of paper in my face and said ‘Im showing this to all my clients Im charging £20 for a blow on Xmas eve. (Normally £15 and I always give her £20. I also go every week)
That finished it for me.
I just wont go back. I dont want to spend time having unpleasant discussions. Lol.
Thanks for listening. Sorry I went on a bit

I thought I was reading something I wrote myself. I have the same problem. My hair seems to have a lot of red in it. (Mum was a redhead) but my base colour is a 6/7
I was trained as a hairdresser years ago, but left the profession. I go into a hairdresser and continually tell them that I dont want any warmth in it and want an ash blonde. Cool tones. Im fed ip with coming out with golden blonde.
So much so I just live with it. Im so fed up, im even thinking of growing all my colour out and just going grey! (Im going grey, but still at that salt and pepper stage)

Im also saddened that a lot of hairdressers are too happy to let you leave their salons unsatisfied. That would never have happened 30 years ago. (I know that not all are like this. But a growing number are, in my own personal experience. Having been a hairdresser, I tend not to be akward or complain. I just dont go back)
My latest experience with my current hairdresser is that she charged me £80 for my roots (normally £40 and missed a big section on my left side. I told her about it and she said it was ‘natural growth’ what 5 days later. Then prior to Christmas she got people to book in on xmas eve (i didnt really need it) then the week before Christmas eve she put a piece of paper in my face and said ‘Im showing this to all my clients Im charging £20 for a blow on Xmas eve. (Normally £15 and I always give her £20. I also go every week)
That finished it for me.
I just wont go back. I dont want to spend time having unpleasant discussions. Lol.
Thanks for listening. Sorry I went on a bit

Just so you know Leny, this thread was created almost 10 years ago, and the original poster hasn’t logged in since 2016 ;)

Latest posts

Back