Can’t get the cool ash blonde colour I crave, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive had the same problem with my hair.as i like my blonde to be a cool ash colour too.
thats great advice minky about not doing brown all the time because i dont like to be just blonde as im worried im going to look like a barbie doll,lol so i like to have brown aswell but i usually find that i like it the first time its done but then the second time i find that im too brown as i still want to be mainly blonde.my friend does my hair as she works in a salon so im lucky that i dont pay a fortune.i was thinking of asking her to just put some brown in when they are barely visable as i thought this way i would still be blonde rather than the brown over taking so im glad you said about that.
why dont you try uploading your pics in your album,this is what i do and it re sizes them for you?xx
p.s i cant wait to see pic.xx

hi, so glad you got it sorted. Y dont you email me the pics and i'l put them on again? il pm u my address in case you dont have it anymore.
Does anyone understand al the colours? I understand 6.17, bleach, and 8.2 but not sure about the different 8.2, do you think its juts different strenghts of peroxide? and of course i'd like to do your colour!

Hi ya

Thats great Jenn thanks hun will sort out next root growth lol. I couldnt understand the loads of bowls either neither had that before my hairdresser use to just have two one with the bleach the other the 6/7 choc brown.

she did say she was using a clear gel to remove the brassy colour out which had no colour and when i looked at the 8.2 one of them was pink in colour, the other looked like a pale coffee and the other one a pale coffee and two of the 8.2 said m/w at the side of them???? all i know is there were 6 bowls 2 blue bleach then 3 8.2 then 1 6/7.1?:rolleyes:

Il sort pics out asap but i dont think it always shows the true colour but il have a go, i do still have some warm blonde tones but i think thats from before but im happy with the blonde its like a shimmery cool ash colour so much cleaner.

Its mad really how using bleach can give a different look each time as bleach is bleach? or is it? i can understand how difficult it is to get right its like a science dont know how you do it so confusing:rolleyes:

hope to send pics soon to Jenn

cheers guys:hug:

I am so glad you got this sorted hun. It s so true that when your hair isnt right you don't feel right. It would be wonderful if you could post some pix of the finishing result, we all like a happy ending. x

I am so glad you got the ruseult you wanted, i had been reading this thread with interest, not posting because i am only learning, i would like to see photo's too :hug:

lets see if I can help- the 8.2 is available in 3 different ranges, richesse, majirel and luocolor, each one while having the same level and base value produces a little different effect. Richesse deposits only, can sometimes feel opaque but is very shiny- least damaging. Majirel lifts and deposits, still opaque but more true on tone. LuoColor is sort of a blend, it is a translucent lift and deposit color, it allows a blended but not solid coverage. THE BOMB for grey blending.

Bleach is bleach but can be mixed so many different ways on the same head to achieve tons of different effects. Vary the volume, color of developer, and consistancy of developer (cream vs. clear) and the sky's the limit.

L'Oreal is one of my fav colors, Joico is next. Not to mention I'm a color fiend....when in doubt...COLOR IT!!!

so, what tone is '2'?

so, what tone is '2'?

Hi, I was wondering that too ?
I have just looked in the Loreal section in a catalouge and it says its the majirel 8.2 light iridescent blonde ,
which comes under the burgundy section,

the clear Gel stuff could have been the fluid adjust which is a thickening syrup which can be added to composite colours ,

or it may have been even a very light colour in the natural looking shine giving Diaclour gel'ee this can also look like a gel too ,
it could have been one of the iced milkshakes used to tone
away the ginger tones :hug: x minky

Was it definately lorael colour they used?

Hi i have sent pictures of my hair to Jenn just now will see what you think

cheers

nenee:hug:

thats definately a softer colour , more of a natural soft ash blonde

Wow it is reallly beautiful I love it ,
thanks for sending the pics in ,

do you know I have often thought that if Loreal had small affordable courses in their product training they would have loads more people using their products as they really are the Bees knees ,
but it costs an arm and a leg to train with Loreal ,
I know Andrew Collinge uses Loreal and I am lucky to have had some training with Loreal colours and I really did love them,

once again your hair really looks beautiful :hug: x minky

Hi ya

Well im starting to feel like a right whinger about my hair which is un like me honest. Since having my hair done its started to wash out or go gingery where the darker colour is and its a bit too bleachy for me, sorry your all going to hate me or think i need locking up lol:eek:

When i first had it done I LOVED IT honestly, it was a shimmery cool ash blonde without lots of brassy tones (she,d put a toner on quickly on the day which i think did that) then everytime im washing my hair it is going warmer again:rolleyes:

I agree the highlights have been put in a lot better than before and the bleach is cleaner, but I think i need some darker brown putting in it to tone it down a tad as my roots are showing already, and its a bit too bleachy now:rolleyes: and the cool white ash blonde has dissapeared again ahh.

Hope you all dont think im being picky here:cry: but its my hair and i love it to look natural with a clean blonde also. I use to have that previously until recently and i loved my hair then, but now i dont:cry: sorry guys.

x:hug:

I know exactly what you mean , fade, its such a nuisance :cry:,
perhaps our miss Robinson could help you out with that one ?

a bit of brown to break it up would be nice too

:hug: x minky

Hi ya Minky

I agree some brown here and there would be nice i use to have 6/7 choc brown in Wella with the bleach, which tended to stay in my hair and not fade to a ginger/golden brown as it was dark, but it was good to break the bleach up and give a natural look but it did tend to go dark after a while of having them so theres a balance.

I feel i would be a pain as a client now after whining on:cry: but i did like it at first just cant believe its washed out so quick after 6 days :rolleyes:

is 6/7 in wella exactly the same colour in loreal 6/7??

cheers minky:hug:

I cannot see a 6/7 in the Loreal colour catalouge anywhere,

only the 6/7 in the
Wella

any one else use Loreal ?

:hug: x minky

hi, i dont think there is a 6/7 in loreal, as the tones are different numbers on loreal to wella. id still like to colour your hair, as i said on my email, and as for fade with toners theres not an awful lot you can do. it sounds like it wasnt left on long enough, hence why its faded soooooo quick. normally theyd last pretty much up to your next appointment. but hopefully we can do something that wont rely on toners anyway. how about starting with some warm brown lowlights randomly through it, then dependant how much your roots are, some clean blondes through too, such as 7/17 and a lighter one.

Cheers Jenna

Thanks for still offering to do my hair its really kind of ya, I Will be booking an apt with you asap to tone my hair down a tad and give it a break from all the bleaching its had, im going to get those conditioners too and give it some tlc!:)

hugs:hug:xx

thanks Minky too for all your advice:hug: x

its fades because you have alot of colour it wont hold the tone . id get a good violet/ash shampoo which should help keep it neutral/cool and knock out the warmth and try to leave it 4-6 weeks before having any more colour other than temporary conditioning colour.

Latest posts

Back