Can you learn reflexology in a 3 day course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyk

Reaction score
I have booked a few courses at pinks academy in derby who seem to have really good reveiws on there courses. I would like to do reflex and just wondered if you guys think you can learn it in 3 day ? the 3 days are split up over 3 weeks for you to research and do homework and case studys they are babtac approved too

You could probably pass a course in reflexology in three days, but whether you'd be any good at it is another question. I did it over 6 months, and although I probably learnt the routine within about three goes it took a lot longer to master the treatment techniques & develop the necessary sensitivity.

I studied reflexology for 3 hours a week for a academic year and had tons of homework, assignments and a massive case study assignment to do not to mention learning the anatomy, physiology and reflex points.

Essentially 3 hours a week was not enough, so in answer to your question it would be most definately not, and I think you know that already otherwise you wouldnt be asking. If I was you I would save your money and go somewhere where you will learn everything you need to be a confident reflexologist in a time frame that enables you to learn the anatomy, physiology, reflex points and how to treat someone with specific problems.

anne xx

I did reflexology as part of my Beauty therapy course and it took 2 terms 4 nights a week and every saturday. So I would say that no, it is not enough time but it would be good as a refresher course if you studied reflexology previously and haven't practiced it for a while.:)

I think it depends how serious you are. If you want to really be a "Reflxologist" you need to study with a AOR provider. If you study your 3 day course with a tutor who has learnt from another short course then that is the standard you will be tutored at! You could use it as a taster to see if you want to progress maybe :hug:

Can You Learn Reflexology In Three Days?

I am a fully qualified reflexologist of 6 years and I went to college for a year one night a week though it did,nt take me long 3 goes to pick up the routine there is alot more to the treatment than just knowing the routine,

The problem with these short courses there a quick way of making money from you, YOUR NOT learning in full what you need to learn.

AND you will NOT get a proper certified certificate oh yeah you get a certificate alright BUT does it cover your insurance? NOPE not all the time.

So I would do some research and consider going to college properly

How can you learn What is Reflexology?
How did reflexology come about?
What are the Zones of reflexology?
What is reflexology good for?
what is the routine of reflexology?
what are the contra-indications of reflexology?
What are the contra-actions of reflexology?
what aftercare advice do you have to tell your clients?
Know what every part of the foot represents?

Do you think you could do all this in three days?

I dont think you could tbh, at college you have to do practical and theary I guess this is why they have a course at college for a year :) so you fully understand everything,

Its ok doing these short courses which they like to call them imo you are more better off doing a full course and get a proper certified qualification.

Can You Learn Reflexology In Three Days?

I am a fully qualified reflexologist of 6 years and I went to college for a year one night a week though it did,nt take me long 3 goes to pick up the routine there is alot more to the treatment than just knowing the routine,

The problem with these short courses there a quick way of making money from you, YOUR NOT learning in full what you need to learn.

AND you will NOT get a proper certified certificate oh yeah you get a certificate alright BUT does it cover your insurance? NOPE not all the time.

So I would do some research and consider going to college properly

How can you learn What is Reflexology?
How did reflexology come about?
What are the Zones of reflexology?
What is reflexology good for?
what is the routine of reflexology?
what are the contra-indications of reflexology?
What are the contra-actions of reflexology?
what aftercare advice do you have to tell your clients?
Know what every part of the foot represents?

Do you think you could do all this in three days?

I dont think you could tbh, at college you have to do practical and theary I guess this is why they have a course at college for a year :) so you fully understand everything,

Its ok doing these short courses which they like to call them imo you are more better off doing a full course and get a proper certified qualification.

Excellent comments

anne xx

Thanks for your comments guys, i think the likes of pinks, sallys, ect ect are fine for short courses like hopi, hot stones, nail art but for me id need a bit more showin how to do something not reading how its done. I have been looking at a nvq reflex work package that i pinched from college and there looks to much to learn in that short time.

Have you done A & P course first?

I agree totally with Lavander Rose.

It took me an academic year of two nights a week plus a huge case study requirement, A&P and practical/theory assessments. Im glad I did it this way as my Client's used to say I was very thorough and really benefited from the treatment.

We don't actively offer it in the studio now, but I really enjoy doing it, and that comes from being confident in what I am doing and having the theory and practical experience.

I have been to Pinks and they do offer good training, but imo short courses like this are more for 'enrichining' your skills once you have the building blocks under your belt e.g. threading after NVQ waxing etc.

There is no way you can learn reflexology in 3 weeks. You will probably be given a manual and shown a routine which you can then learn. Ok, then you can go thorugh a basic treatment, but reflexology is so much more. I learnt on an AoR course for a year and that was 10 years ago. I am still learning!!!

It is worth going on a proper AoR course as the satisfaction of helping people get rid of pain/getting pregnant etc... is fantastic. The only way to do this is to know what you are doing and how to change your treatments. If you get results it is very lucrative. Half the income in my health & beauty salon is from reflexology!!

I know you can do short courses for many things as mentioned before, but reflexology is like nothing else and needs to be studied carefully. Go for it, but do it properly.
:hug:

but reflexology is like nothing else and needs to be studied carefully

Personally I abhore this trend for short courses leading to a qualification to provide treatments - I think they are a real backward step at a time when we need to be improving things in complementary therapies. I don't agree though that reflexology is like nothing else. Exactly the same things you mention can apply to aromatherapy, massage and many other treatments. The fact that they are being carried out by therapists who have only a very basic training doesn't mean that a beneficial treatment will be given.

I have booked a few courses at pinks academy in derby who seem to have really good reveiws on there courses. I would like to do reflex and just wondered if you guys think you can learn it in 3 day ? the 3 days are split up over 3 weeks for you to research and do homework and case studys they are babtac approved too

was that the nvq or babtac approved ?

I am about to start the nvq at pinks and from what I know it is 2 days concurrent ??:irked:

The course title states: Its an in depth intoduction to......

The course includes;

•introduction and origins or reflexology
•client consultations and contra indications
•foot zones and mapping
•structure of the foot
•benefits of reflexology
•visual examination of feet and what can be indicated
•full reflex treatment practical, starting with relaxation techniques
•contra actions and aftercare

The courses and the teaching at Pinks are fantastic but......

like many ....it its only a starting point I feel.....

All of Pinks courses are insurable and the aftercare from Pinks is really good....

Its like everything.....I did foundation at CND .... Only a few days course but alongside practice and follow up help it can work...

Pinks offer both NVQ & Sort Accredited Courses HTH's

Personally, I would research and do the very best I could afford...or save for the best I could find x

ive just been signed off from reflexology and to be quite honest there is so much more i can learn. it is extremely hard to master and learn the areas of the feet/hands and what you are feeling for really tied me up in knots. you also have to believe in it to be good at it if that makes sense. reflexology was part of my holistics course and at the very beginning you could say that i was only doing it because i had to to pass the course and because i didnt believe in the whole idea of it i didnt really take it on board. it wasnt until we were doing all our theory that then i took it on board and now i love it!!!!:)
i think youd be better on a longer course to really learn to master it x

Latest posts

Back