Chanel black satin - **how much** !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
I have a friend who was really thrilled with herself for managing to get hold of a bottle of 'chanel black satin'.

Apparantly - recently she was told its been going for upto £300 a bottle on ebay becuase its been so scarce.

I've seen the colour - its nice but it AINT £300 nice - has the world gone mad !!!

You see?

This is exactly the kind of craziness I have no interest. It's a "name" for god's sake.. And ONLY nail polish :rolleyes:
And I'm sure it'll go thick and gunky before they even finish the bottle, cause they'll horde it because of how scarce it is and not use it except for special occasions. :rolleyes:

Yup, everyone's gone mad, that's for sure!

Ive got a client that loves Chanel Rouge Noir limited edition, thats £45-£55 I think that is ridiculous for nail enamel, especially when it doesnt last that long!

that really is out rageous my goodness i could not bring myself to spend that amount on a polish noo way !:Scared:

MAD AINT THE WORD

Just got a phone call from one of my friends, she spent £2000 yesterday on some designer clothes, its really mad! I wouldnt do this again, when I was in uni I had plenty money and all my clothes, make up everything must be designers;)

Crazy if you ask me - there seems to be plenty on ebay for less than £30 though (sorry - I had to look!) although I wouldn't dream of paying that for one bottle - and who knows if they are real anyway!

Even sadder - I can't believe some people are using pics of Victoria Beckham to sell it! I wonder if her little chinese or vietnamese nail place in North London stocks it! lol!

It's a really good colour but from what i've learnt from people after working in cosmetic channel polishes are not the best. I bought the black calgel gel, has anyone else used it?? I've not used it yet.

It's a really good colour but from what i've learnt from people after working in cosmetic channel polishes are not the best. I bought the black calgel gel, has anyone else used it?? I've not used it yet.

I've got the Black Bio one which is very similar (Cast Iron) Its gorgeous (and looks fab with Northern lights silver holographic polish over it too)

I only bought a small pot thinking it would be a goood Xmas colour only and have so many bookings for it now that I may need to buy another!

I have a friend who was really thrilled with herself for managing to get hold of a bottle of 'chanel black satin'.

Apparantly - recently she was told its been going for upto £300 a bottle on ebay becuase its been so scarce.

I've seen the colour - its nice but it AINT £300 nice - has the world gone mad !!!

Yes the world HAS gone mad, my sis in law in San Francisco had to order it from our very own Harrods and there is a month waiting list and then it will need to be sent out to her......hassle!

I could think of loads of better things to do with £300!

Some people have more money than sense!

I spent $x.xx USD on CND "Voodoo." Much better, and talk abotu being happy about the price now!

I am all for being a trendsetter, but NOT by spending a ridiculous amount of money on POLISH. Maybe BOOTS ;)

Oh ...yes Heather, Boots....mmm lovely boots.....
but a nail enamel....no way jose!!!
I much prefer CND's Nail Noir anyway!!!

£300....seriously???

Oh ...yes Heather, Boots....mmm lovely boots.....
but a nail enamel....no way jose!!!
I much prefer CND's Nail Noir anyway!!!

£300....seriously???

MMMM I LOVE THAT COLOR TOOOOOO. I have been going back and forth between the 2 this winter :)

I talked a smidge about this trend on my website, then offered the idea to go CHEAPER and get BETTER product ;)

BUt yeah, I would pay that for good boots. I know I'd get my moneys worth lol. I'm going to New York in May and I can't WAAIIITTT to go SHOPPING. BARNEY'S BETTER GET READY!!!!!

Maybe I should tell people that my SERVICES are limited edition lol- then I can charge up the wazoooooo. :)

blacknail060717_2006_198.jpg

all that fuss over such a tiny thing...

I like to fuss over this:

259.jpg

I've got the Black Bio one which is very similar (Cast Iron) Its gorgeous (and looks fab with Northern lights silver holographic polish over it too)

I only bought a small pot thinking it would be a goood Xmas colour only and have so many bookings for it now that I may need to buy another!

Crikey, I cant get anyone to have cast iron and its bloody lovely. Black aubergine evoryine loves but no-one has gone for my lovely cast iron!

I must be a big bully lol- I can get black on just about everyone- some I have to put a smidge of art on, but I love that look on short square nails MMMMMM.

Is the Rouge Noir limited edition a different colour from Rouge Noir?

well i love rouge noir but I just bought number 7 "temptress" for less than a tenner and its lovely. 2 coats on sunday with one coat of supershiny over the top and its still going strong x

As far as I know the Rouge Noir limited edition is the same as the 'bog' standard rouge noir just twice the price.
I love Creative's Voodoo aswell, just fabulous and lats ten times longer than any Chanel or designer enamel I have used, and it doesnt go gloopy either!

LOL when i read the title i thought you were talking about a bottle of chanel perfume for £300 NOT NAIL POLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

sorry its a friday evening and i have just come back from doing infills :biggrin:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yes more money than sense - especially if it goes gloopy in two months xxxx

chanel perfumes not even that much!!! i paid about £40 for a bottle of coco mademoiselle. Gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back