Change to Velocity tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pebbles#1

Reaction score
Hi, has there been a change to velocity tips? My last batch of refill packs that arrived are thicker than previous and more opaque with a slightly rough surface. I haven`t heard or read anything about changes to the tips. I have been using CND tips for years so I am familiar with them. I would not say they are as thick as ultra pointe used to be but they are thicker than normal?
I have still used them on clients without any problems, but would like to know if and why the change.
Geeg? :)

I actually prefer these ones but didnt think they were thicker.......... (runs off to check)............. no dont agree seem the same. For me they blend easier when preblending, also they're more like performance and do not need etching for gels.

Hi, has there been a change to velocity tips? My last batch of refill packs that arrived are thicker than previous and more opaque with a slightly rough surface. I haven`t heard or read anything about changes to the tips. I have been using CND tips for years so I am familiar with them. I would not say they are as thick as ultra pointe used to be but they are thicker than normal?
I have still used them on clients without any problems, but would like to know if and why the change.
Geeg? :)

Hi, yes, Velocity tips are now being made of the same new material as the Performance well less tips. All CND tips will be changing in time to the new material. CND have announced this but you may have missed it.

It is a positive change ... the tips are pre-blended and also I think a nice colour and the new material definitely lasts longer and is more flexible. they are not thicker but do have a slightly different 'feel' to them.

Oh my!! someone who remembers Ultra Pointe tips!!! :hug: I loved them and thought they looked more natural than anything. Beautiful c curve too remember?

I couldn`t agree more about ultra pointe. Absolute favourite tip!!! Especially when doing a fibreglass nail, it gave them such a lovely shape and strength :(
I have still been blending this new batch of tips, is that correct?
Thanks for your swift respnse :)

I couldn`t agree more about ultra pointe. Absolute favourite tip!!! Especially when doing a fibreglass nail, it gave them such a lovely shape and strength :(
I have still been blending this new batch of tips, is that correct?
Thanks for your swift respnse :)

Either blend or cut out the contact area and use them like a well less tip.

My guess is that if you haven't tried Performance tips you will love them .. no blending at all.

I'm including an image of some fibreglass nails I did using Ultra Points for the hero shot for the Fabric# system. Have a look. I've always loved this shot.

Attachments

• Fabric Hero 72.jpg
    Fabric Hero 72.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 100
I love velocity tips, i have just switched to them and they are amazing. that is a lovely picture Geeg, those nails are gorgeous.

tigi

I love velocity tips, i have just switched to them and they are amazing. that is a lovely picture Geeg, those nails are gorgeous.

tigi

Thanks I do think a beautiful fiberglass/silk set takes allot of beating! Ttoo bad the life of them is so short in comparison to L&P or Gel ... but the initial look is gorgeous.

Hi geeg, had a look at your pic, they look stunning. It`s such a shame ultra pointe are no longer available, I used to use them on as many clients as possible, I haven`t used any tips since, that give fg nails such a wonderful shape. I`m just in the process of doing my next order and I have performance tips on my list, looking forward to giving them a go.

Hi geeg, had a look at your pic, they look stunning. It`s such a shame ultra pointe are no longer available, I used to use them on as many clients as possible, I haven`t used any tips since, that give fg nails such a wonderful shape. I`m just in the process of doing my next order and I have performance tips on my list, looking forward to giving them a go.
I think you will love them. They are still not as opaque as the old Ultra Points, but still give a very nice natural result and the shape is very pretty too.

There are a couple of little tricks to applying them so contact me before you start to use them and I'll tell you what they are.

Latest posts

Back