Charges for UV Topcoat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzie49

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if any of you charge an Add On fee for UV topcoats, and if so how much... Thanks :hug:

I don't. I figure it costs me to buff them or to UV gloss them so I've factored the cost of either into my prices......

hth's

I charge £3 add on. You're using another product.
I ask all my clients what finish they would like,,,buff, clear enamel or Gel op cost. I make sure they all know the prices and everyone;s happy.

I did charge an extra 2.50 for uv gel topcoat.

Since April, when I increased my prices, I factored it in, so they get it whether they want it or not, no discount for buff & clear topcoat polish.

Hi i am training in l&p but like the look of the gloss you get with uv topcoat and so have been looking at buying a uv lamp, at the moment i just want to use it for topcoat but would like to use gel further on down the line in my training and was wondering if its worth buy a lamp or waiting till i want to do a gel course? Also i dont want to spend to much money as with xmas comming up.
Sorry to hijack the tread.

Hi i am training in l&p but like the look of the gloss you get with uv topcoat and so have been looking at buying a uv lamp, at the moment i just want to use it for topcoat but would like to use gel further on down the line in my training and was wondering if its worth buy a lamp or waiting till i want to do a gel course? Also i dont want to spend to much money as with xmas comming up.

Hi there, well it all depends on what Gel itis that you want to use as you will need t use the right lamp with the right gel, say for instance you want to use Brisa gel then you would need a Brisa lamp or if you wanted to use NSI gel then you would need an NSI lamp, this is because every lamp has a different UV outtage and different curing times, so personally i would wait to see which gel it is you want to train in and then go from there, hth
Jo.xxx:hug:xxx

As Kittensgotclaws said I would leave buying a gel lamp till you do training. In the meantime I have a product called NSI air shield. I find its a similar consistency to the uv gel top coats and it dries to a high shine. Perhaps you could try something like this till you do gel training
Cheers
Karen

i factor it into my charge.
i find it much more convenient than top coat, i would buff to a shine if i was specifically asked.
other places round here charge for it or dont have it to offer. my nail clients notice that their nails look better than their friends.

I dont charge extra for uv top, but I charge £1.00 for glitter finish. The time is a factor - if i was buffing the nails to high shine i would take longer to complete the set, uv top is quicker so I can see overall an extra person a day.

as per gel - its a part of the service so we should be charging extra as it is included in the price.

:confused:

I buff most of the time but when I do use it I don't charge extra as I see it as just another option.

NSI do a top uv top caot called thermosheild it fab and you can either use it with a uv lamp or under a 60w light bulb so no need for you to purchase a uv lamp.:green:

Latest posts

Back