Charity waxathon tomorrow !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi ya

Why do i open my big trap:eek::green:

After a wine or two i volounteered my waxing services at our local pub :green:(as you do!)

There is already a charity table tennis thing going on - so i knew lots of the blokes would be there.

I 'kindly' put forward on the blackboard 10 of the most known regulars names....we're then thinking of holding an auction/donation to see which bloke raises the most money for agreeing to have a 'body part' waxed!!

Ie:.....

lot number 1, David has agreed to have his nose hair waxed - how much are you willing to pledge to see this?

Most are having backs waxed, some agreed to nose hairs, a couple agreed to arm pit?:eek: and ONE the joker of the pub we said he could have a bs&c !!! (not that i do them but it was fun to see the reaction as he is the pub's joker!)

Can anyone offer any tips? Idea's to boost 'revenue'!!

Its all for loros!

There's going to be press there so should be very good for business!

It sounds like a good laugh!!!

If the guys are getting backs waxed for the first time they might get them annoying spots you could take a long something like 'clear it' and sell it for more than usual and put the extra proceeds to the charity as well as making money for you and keeping the backs unspotty x

It sounds like a good laugh!!!

If the guys are getting backs waxed for the first time they might get them annoying spots you could take a long something like 'clear it' and sell it for more than usual and put the extra proceeds to the charity as well as making money for you and keeping the backs unspotty x

I was a little worried that as they are not 'regular waxers' they wouldnt expect things like: the plucked chicken effect, possibility of ingrowns/spots, i'll have to ensure i give out 'aftercare' the their partners!

And...im using a new wax - cyrstal ocean instead of the green tea so hopefully theres not too much difference !!

and ONE the joker of the pub we said he could have a bs&c !!! (not that i do them but it was fun to see the reaction as he is the pub's joker!)

Absolutely fantastic idea and wishing you the very best of luck for the event :hug:

I do think that the pub joker should get his kit off in front of everyone and get that bs&c ..that should raise an enormous amount of money ..and probably shut him up for a couple of weeks :lol::lol::lol:

good luck I to think its a great idea and hope it all goes well if anyone changes there mind and chickens out you should fine them at a set fee.

hope you make a lot of money

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck I to think its a great idea and hope it all goes well if anyone changes there mind and chickens out you should fine them at a set fee.

hope you make a lot of money

Wish i could be a fly on the wall and watch what is going on there... Brilliant idea Minkus!!!! Bet that will be a huge success and raise lots of money!!!!! Best of luck and i will keep my fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ya

Why do i open my big trap:eek::green:

After a wine or two i volounteered my waxing services at our local pub :green:(as you do!)

There is already a charity table tennis thing going on - so i knew lots of the blokes would be there.

I 'kindly' put forward on the blackboard 10 of the most known regulars names....we're then thinking of holding an auction/donation to see which bloke raises the most money for agreeing to have a 'body part' waxed!!

Ie:.....

lot number 1, David has agreed to have his nose hair waxed - how much are you willing to pledge to see this?

Most are having backs waxed, some agreed to nose hairs, a couple agreed to arm pit?:eek: and ONE the joker of the pub we said he could have a bs&c !!! (not that i do them but it was fun to see the reaction as he is the pub's joker!)

Can anyone offer any tips? Idea's to boost 'revenue'!!

Its all for loros!

There's going to be press there so should be very good for business!

I did a charity wax for save the children recently in conjunction with Fujitsu. It was a sell out and a throughouly enjoyable experience. Im booked to do it again next year.

Amber you will be fine, just be yourself and you will sail through it !!!

just think of your profile being raised in the waxing sector - what a bonus!!! All those additional clients coming your way !!!!

I would recommend you take a camera along & get someone to take photos of the event as believe me, it will end up being very funny (perhaps not for the blokes on the couch, but certainly for the spectators) The more it hurts the men, the more they (the spectators) laugh:lol:.

Another way to raise funds on the night is by having someone go round with a bucket for peeps to put their loose change in. Surprising how much can be raised this way.

Also, people will pay surprising amounts to be able to pull a strip off their friend.

The last sponsored waxing I did a couple of months ago, they raised £700 on the night just by doing the above, plus sponsorship of about £1000.

I did a charity leg wax last November for Children in Need. It was just for one bloke in a local accountants. He chickened out at the last minute but 1 of his clients pledged £1000 for him to go ahead with it. He was also dressed as a receptionist for the day :eek: V V funny. I think about £4500 was raised in the end :)

I don't envy the fella having his armpit done. I've only ever done that once (the one a couple of months ago) and the poor bloke was nearly in tears. His u/a were soooo sore afterwards. Fine line between pain & funny and pain & not funny.

I think you should do just nose waxes and charge a min of £5. You'll get everyone to get it done as it doesn't hurt and you can line them up all evening and put the wax in and do another bloke as it sets.

Good luck Amb. xx

Can't offer advice Amb, but good luck and good on ya :hug: x

Chest waxes, leg waxes! Let them see what its like when we have our legs done!

Good luck Amber and have loads of fun hun lol :lol:

good luck for today Amber - knock em dead !!!!!!!

Have a great day Amber, good luck hun ..x

Have a great day hun, u will make a fortune for charity and have oh so much fun :hug:
love jennyx

Hope your day went well Amb, great cause and bet you had some fun too. xxx:hug:

SORRY GUYS:irked:

i am as peed off as a peed off person from peed offsville.

The charity finale of the table tennis drew out longer and later than it should have, all the brave 'volunteers' that stuck hands up on the friday evening, had there excuses ready in the bag for sunday.

Admittedly 2 HAD contraindications, but there was no cajoling any of the others. CAN YOU BELIEVE????:irked:

SO i threw a bit of a strop with the 'person that had agreed to round up the models' and said 'lets pospone it until we have a firm model, with a good months notice before the next loros fundraiser, and have a sponsorship form up in the pub, which is much more organised and give's peeps plenty of notice and time in which to sponsor.'

....so there i sat...all the stuff i'd transported set up and wax heated, couch up ....and it didn't happen i am dissapointed and embarrased to have to say.

HOWEVER ! i definately WILL do it sometime in the future!

Amb xxxxx

Oh what a mess and shame!
It seems there is quite a few chickens around with no one volunteering when it comes hard to hard?

Chin up Amber at least you have got some time to get the list long and ready now :hug:

They were all terribly sweaty so maybe it was a blessing in disguise !

Next time hey !

Sorry it didn't work out last night but from experience it's better to get them to get sponsorship before hand. That way, they are less likely to (plucked) chicken out on the night.

Hope all goes well for next time

Latest posts

Back