Charles and camilla to marry - what does everyone think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its no surprise really is it.. it was just a matter of time. Personally I don't particularly like Camilla but Charles isn't my favorate royal either, so they make a fine pair. I really liked Diana, and was gutted when she died so young (my age within a couple of weeks). However, life goes on, if Diana was still alive I believe Charles would have married Camilla one day anyway. At least she will never been queen, so thats very pleasing to me :)

IMHO

JCS said:
At least she will never been queen, so thats very pleasing to me :)

IMHO

Just to clarify.... I was meaning Camilla will never be queen... phew! Don't want to upset any Diana fans lol!

I think a bit like Triniti, bad news.

If Camilla really did love Charles all those years ago!!!! and he "marry a beautifull princess" then why did she get married? She knew what she was doing, she intefered and was allways there in the shadows, now she has her man hmmmmmmm do i wish them good luck, not really no, i think it just brings the whole concept of marraige and monarchy down in the gutter........ i no that sounds harsh, but the way they treated diana when she was dead never mind alive was shocking..........they should never have married in the first place, she was far too good for him, he now has his ugly duckling. God i sound dead bitchy but hey that's how i feel.

Last word Edward & Mrs Simpson?:suprised:

Amanda

Mrs Geek said:
I agree 100% with Jackies post - I think C & C have loved each other forever but couldn't be together. I am glad they can now. I just wish Diana was here and happy too!

I also totally agree with Jackies post. I think it's all just a big shame, it all went wrong!!!

If they love one another then why not marry, Other people divorce and re-marry

Hmmm -personally I dislike both of them. I know this is going to sound very harsh, but I strongly disagree with adultery. I hate seeing it in films, or on TV, or reading about it in the press - it always makes me really angry... (probably some deep rooted issue I still have as my husband was unfaithful to me a couple of years ago :rolleyes: ). Im sure each party felt they had their reasons to behave how they did - but I still disaprove. I have no respect for either of them - and couldn't give a monkey's chuff if they marry or not, or even if they are happy or not....

Not that bothered if they get married or not, def not a royalist at all - but just watching them on the news as I type this and I do sort of think "bless em!". apparently he got down on one knee and everything!

i couldn't care less, don't like Charles or Camilla.

shame Diana got involved in the first place, but, then again we wouldn't have Prince William or Prince Harry if she hadn't, they are the only good things to come out of there marriage, i think, anyway.
i totally agree with jackieMc, Harry should be our next king.

I agree with Trinity and Jackie Mc.

I have one question.....Why do we in Cornwall have to have her as OUR Duchess??? :irked:

If they want to get married....let them and I wish them no ill.... BUT.....I do not think she should have any title and I think Charles should make way for William.

And I also agree with Lily...Edward and Mrs Simpson?.....Princess Margret....?

Actually they have just said on the regional news that locals have given a 'lukewarm' response to the news.

Humph!!! Off my soap box now!!!! :wink2:

I find it very sad that a grown man is unable to stand for what he feels and loves. I think if Prince Charles had a mind of his own and the courage to stand up to the rest of the monarchy they would not be in this situation....his duty to the royal family and his "role" in my opinion has only led to its loss in popularity

He should never have married Princess Diana in the first place because he didn't love her...she was classed as a "suitable" wife and obviously younger. He should have followed his heart and married Camilla when they were younger instead of obeying outdated and ridiculous royal protocol.

....i don't see him as a role model and don't want him to be king nor should Camilla be princess. The ones who have come out of all this for better or worse are Prince William and Prince Harry. these are the real role models and victims of this whole situation. royal protocol, media and paparazzi should leave them alone to follow there true loves and not what is seen as suitable and follow in their fathers footsteps.

As for the media making this into some kind of fairytale of long lost love is down right disgraceful...need i say more..

Probably not!

...Let them get married....i couldn't care less, they deserve each other, thats what i say.

No doubt there are tons of geeks out there who are totally against what i have said....but there you go

actually, I am not against what you have said at all Mamma! I agree. I don't think Chuck should become King after all of this. Yes I think it is sad that he wasn't allowed to marry Camilla in the first instance... even sadder for Diana who thought she was marrying a man who loved her. Saying that, Charles has obviously only ever really loved one woman... but I don't think he should ever be King - either Willian or Harry should take on that role and I think there will be once again a mssive shift in peoples feelings for the 'unfeeling royals'!! Eith Prince will bring a new feeling and role to becoming King... hopefully one the British public can relate to!!

Personnaly I dont care if he marries her or not but if he dose than I dont think he should be king (Look at Edward & Wallis Simpson) Im sure there is something about the king marrying a divorce. or maybe Im wrong .

but still he should chose her or being king??? I dont think he should have both

Catherine

Hi
I really believe that if they really really love each other then they deserve to be together. It's only a shame that he got it wrong the first time but then he's no different to any of us really, he's only human with feelings like all of us!!
Yeah Diana was beautiful but still doesn't mean she was the right one for Charles. Looks don't mean anything!

caz3 said:
Good luck to them that is what I say my life will not change either way if they wed or not.
Everyone wants to be happy life is far too short all the best to them.
Carolyn xxx

Latest posts

Back