Cheap nail stock

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxsashaxxx

Reaction score
can anyone tell me where to get cheap nail varnish from that i can use mobile or in a salon.Im still in college and cant afford a nail polish thats a tenner a bottle.I realy like essie so if anyone knows where to get this cheap or something like it ill be grateful.As well as good manicure and pedicure products please:!:

Until you are qualified, your best bet would be local wholesalers - as a student you should be able to get a student trade card and the prices should be much more reasonable.

Have you had a nosy in your local wholesalers? Best place for cheapies!

I like Avon nail varnish's ! Sometimes they have offers 3 for £10 ..... or buy 1 get one for 99p and they are good and some funky colours ....

what about attitude they are well priced adell

is attitude a shop or a website you can tell im new huh lol

can anyone tell me where to get cheap nail varnish from that i can use mobile or in a salon.Im still in college and cant afford a nail polish thats a tenner a bottle.I realy like essie so if anyone knows where to get this cheap or something like it ill be grateful.As well as good manicure and pedicure products please:!:

hey there, yeah I agree with the rest of the posts.

If your looking for Essie you can get this from PERFECT NAILS X

If you are a student then go to your wholesalers, as others have suggested, they would be best, down here I have Sallys and Capital who both do OPI, Attitude, Toma and maybe more. Some big named companies will even allow you to purchase direct at a good rate if you contact them with proof you are a student. Other companies you maybe able to try are Salons Direct and Ellisons.

Im sure there are many more companies out there too, others Geeks Im sure will continue with other names etc....

Now Im qualified I have accounts with suppliers and go direct to them only, which you will be able to do in time :lol:

Good Luck x

Capital have a great selection of polishes.

Where about's are you hun?
We have different wholesales in different area's but one thing in common is that next to the till, you will always find the bucket with the specials in it.:rolleyes:
I know I can't walk past with out picking up at least a couple of varnishes.
Sally's do a basic manicure pack and the same for pedi's.
I picked up one of each at a trade show when I was just starting and I noticed that they still do them, they are about a tenner per pack, everything you need is in it and it's all suprisingly good stuff, I still use it on the fella's because it's not got a strong sent.

im from bristol there is a couple of places down here ie capital and aston and fincher but ashton fincher hasent realy got a wide selection of nail stock and its the closest typical!

Another idea may be to go to Beauty UK in Birmingham next month, there is bound to be a few different suppliers there, also have a chat with the different suppliers and treat yourself to a few bargains too!

attitude is united beauty brand polish good quality and very well priced search on google widely available

The thing is, that even though you are still learning at the moment, buying cheap products is actually false economy.

You think you are saving money by buying lots of cheap products to practice with but really you are wasting your money.

Cheap polishes usually go on like cheap polish. You can not perfect your painting skills if you use a low quality polish which is difficult to control and maybe cause streaks. Our Gigi famously has on her signature: 'Practice does not make perfect.. PERFECT PRACTICE makes perfect.'

If you spend money now buying all cheap products, when you eventually qualify, will you be using the same cheap products on clients...? If you don't then does that mean you will need to throw them all away and leave them all sitting on shelves...? And then have to spend another lot of money buying good quality products..?
Why not pay a little more and buy yourself good quality products at the beginning so you can continue to use them later on on clients..? If you ask around for trade prices, you might find some polishes are not as expensive as you think they are. You may be suprised.

Hope that helps.

What products do you use at college?
x

hi hun,

when i started out i bought sinful polishes from capital i cant remember how much they are but they are very reasonable. they stay on well if used with a decent base and top coat. the only downside is after a while they do tend to thicken and go gloopy whereas OPI last forever. i have got rid of most of my sinful and tend to buy a few more OPI colours every month to build up my collection.

Also just to note that OPI isnt that expensive if you open an account with them or buy them from a trade only wholesalers. bear in mind that sometimes when you buy cheap you often end up buying twice! i could of used all the money i spent on sinful on my OPI collection! i could of had loads more by now lol!

hth
Jodie xx

What products do you use at college?
x

hi thanks for taking the time out to read my message the stuff i use at college is rubbish putting it bluntly but we have got about 3 orly and 1 or 2 essie but i realy like essie thanksx

the stuff is putting it bluntly crap we have about 3 orly and 2 essie but i realy like essie thanks for all your repliys everyone x

the stuff is putting it bluntly crap we have about 3 orly and 2 essie but i realy like essie thanks for all your repliys everyone x

Same when I was at college. Perfect Nails are the distributors of Essie but I'm not sure about student accounts.

Sally Salon Services stock quite a few ranges from cheap n cheerful to high end. You will still pay less as it is trade, China Glaze is a lovely brand which is reasonable and OPI has a pro-wide brush which makes application really easy.

You can definitely have a trade account as a student - just take in some proof of your enrolment and ID.

Latest posts

Back