Cheaper products from the states?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nonkydyson

Reaction score
I have ordered some Gelish Polishes direct from the states, they work out about £5 cheaper per polish! Anyone else get products from the states? If so how do you rate it etc? Cheers ;-)

I get loads of my products from the states b aware that I've been sent products that are out of date so always check but I save alot of money doing it this way and it's so much cheaper 2 buy bulk than the uk xkellyx

NO....I buy all my products from the AUTHORISED UK distributors.
That way I know they are not counterfeit, and all the relevant shipping and customs taxes have been taken care of.
Also if I have any problems or if they are faulty I can contact my distributor for technical support or a replacement.

This way my clients and I get the best products and service.....and we are worth it !!

I just ordered some Gelish - 'need a tan' - from the USA, I find it nothing like the colour on the bottle its quite horrid! I am now left wondering if its 1) the real mcoy - its all labelled up perfectly, barcode etc.
2) been stored incorrectly as it does seem very watery?

We are over in the USA next week, so I intend to go to Sallys and buy some direct and see if its the same. Along with my Martha Stewart glitter :green:

I would never order from the states go to nail harmony or the propa company that makes these products u need sallys is different that is a propa company. U could be buying fake stock then it dosnt work out cheeper coz u have then got to buy it again.I have just spent £767 with nail harmony on gelish yes expensive but I know wot I'm getting and can always contact them if anythings wrong and I'm also giving my clients a real treatment xx

We are over in the USA next week, so I intend to go to Sallys and buy some direct and see if its the same. Along with my Martha Stewart glitter :green:

If you are near a Michael's (craft store) they sell the MS glitter there. Also, it's available at Meijer, in the craft section.

What state are you visiting?

OOh thanks, I'll google it and have a look for it. We are going to Florida first, then over to Tampa, St Petes Beach & Oscola.
So far, I can see only one Sallys in the vicinity! Does Walmart sell MS glitter?

OOh thanks, I'll google it and have a look for it. We are going to Florida first, then over to Tampa, St Petes Beach & Oscola.
So far, I can see only one Sallys in the vicinity! Does Walmart sell MS glitter?

The Wal*Mart by me used to sell MS glitter. Last time I went there, they had NO MS products. PM gr8nailz, I think she's in the Tampa area and ask if there is a Michael's in the area.

The reason I ask is, you can use a Joann's coupon there and they just came out with a 40% off coupon, on any regularly priced item.

I have ordered some Gelish Polishes direct from the states, they work out about £5 cheaper per polish! Anyone else get products from the states? If so how do you rate it etc? Cheers ;-)

Sorry honey, but by buying from the states you are buying illegally. It is illegal for these sites to sell to UK, and it's illegal for us to buy them.

Sorry honey, but by buying from the states you are buying illegally. It is illegal for these sites to sell to UK, and it's illegal for us to buy them.

Is there any evidence of this? i buy from the States, pay the going rate for delivery, pay my taxes nd customs charge. So what makes this illegal? As long as they are being shipped correctly and states chemicals. Mmm interesting..:eek:

Be warned, I made the mistake of trying to cut costs by buying from the states. I'd already bought personal products before I trained and had no problems so didn't realyl think anything of it.

I had three of my gels turn up solid and several turn solid veyr quickly after I received them. One parcel never turned up at all.

I had to go through a very lengthy paypal claim to get my money back. Never again. Authorised UK dealers only from now on!

Is there any evidence of this? i buy from the States, pay the going rate for delivery, pay my taxes nd customs charge. So what makes this illegal? As long as they are being shipped correctly and states chemicals. Mmm interesting..:eek:

Yes exactly? I'm entitled to buy what I like where I like and if I need to pay customs I will. I'm not using eBay I'm using USA wholesalers - who are happy to sell, so guess they pay export taxes?

NO....I buy all my products from the AUTHORISED UK distributors.
That way I know they are not counterfeit, and all the relevant shipping and customs taxes have been taken care of.
Also if I have any problems or if they are faulty I can contact my distributor for technical support or a replacement.

I couldn't agree more.

So to order from the States. It is legal but...
You have to pay the customs, duty, shipping etc. New import policy came into effect last month which put a stop to many purchasing from there.

I only order from the States items that I cannot get locally. No chemicals, polishes etc.

Ottawa may be the capital of Canada, but is sure doesn't have the shopping for esthetics or nails.

May I ask why? Thanks :confused:

This topic was only just discussed the other week....and that thread is well worth another read...especially the input from Mrs Geek !!!

Here it is.......

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/153433-beverly-beaute.html

That is my post, i was asking about beverly beaute website. I have since ordered 3 for 2 from harmony themselves, purchased from sallys and i did my conversion course recently so purchased items after the training day all perfectly good condition. Im going to stick to this i think as a pp put it i dont want to end up with out of date products and faulty goods.

I tried buying Gelish from Sallys yesterday as some people on here said that they were doing 3 for 2 on it until the end of October. When I got there I was told that they are not doing it and they finished that deal on or around 26th of the month. Wish people would put the correct info up on here.

Try asking Sallys themselves?? ppl dedicate their time and good faith not to be shot down, don't be so ungreatful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back