Cheeky people on facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraj

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this. I posted on one of the facebook selling groups to fill in my last few appointments for christmas and just to advertise really. I was having a discussion with 2 potencial clients and I'd said how much I charge. Then another lady posted on my comment saying that she charged less than me and had lots of avaliblity if anyone wanted to book with her.

Is it just me or do you think thats rude. I didn't know what to say to her so I just commented and put "don't you think thats a bit rude" and someone else put "the cheak of some people" but she replied "no, I'm saving people money"

Sorry rant over it just annoyed me sooo much.

You should have put ...'Well, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!' or the other favourite is 'Buy cheap, buy twice!' :lol: x

That, to me, is really rude and I would have been so annoyed had that been my post. I wouldn't even dream of doing that. Honestly, some people have no idea how to behave.

I hope you got those clients and she didn't.

I was close to it but then I thought that would look unprofessional so I was stuck really because I couldn't say anything without it looking petty so I came here to rant instead

I know myself that I would never choose to be serviced by somebody who behaved so rudely. I'm sure she inadvertently will have driven some QUALITY business your way.

Yay for you not stooping to her level. Just keep rocking it with class!!

She is obviously not a Geek, or she would know that whilst yes price is a deciding factor for many ppl when it comes to beauty treatments cheap is not better. Gold clients are those that come at regular intervals, follow aftercare advice and KNOW THE VALUE of the service they are receiving. Let karma deal with her (or the next undercutting trainee stealing her bargain hunters).

Oh, don't let her put you off advertising on there! X

tut thats not good..could you ask her not to do that as a professional she should know not to do this..or report her this would really make me mad if some one did this tome!!

The fact that she's much cheaper AND has lots of availability says it all really :D

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Thanks everyone I'm not going to let it get to me at the end of the day I'll get different clients to her anyway. I used to have the ones that only wanted a bargin and most of them aren't half as nice as the ones I get now

Ive just had one this morning lol

I posted on a stuff for sale group advertising I still have appointments left for spray tanning next week & a girl put 'how much??' I said £15 per person or 2 ppl at same app for £25 (which is a reasonable price!) & she put 'can get it for a tenner in town' so I wrote back - 'go to town then' LOL sick of people who want freebies or cheapies argggh x

Ive just had one this morning lol

I posted on a stuff for sale group advertising I still have appointments left for spray tanning next week & a girl put 'how much??' I said £15 per person or 2 ppl at same app for £25 (which is a reasonable price!) & she put 'can get it for a tenner in town' so I wrote back - 'go to town then' LOL sick of people who want freebies or cheapies argggh x

It's really annoying isn't it. I charge £18 for a tan so your very reasonable, I just think if you can get it cheaper go there then but the fact your asking me means you weren't happy with what you got there last time. x

Lol-ing at this, my next dr neighbour is also a friend and I do her lashes/tans/nails etc

We were having a chat earlier over a cuppa about something yesterday...

My fb status - "I have one appt left for new year ladies, on wednesday after a cancellation I can fit a set of lashes in or a couple of tans"

New friend added this week comment -"how much r the lashes"

Me "£60 hun"

New fried - "naaaaaaaa I can get them done for a tenner by my best mate"
Further comment "what makes yours so xxxxxx special"

Further comment "your eyelashes are xxxx anyway"

How cheeky is that??

Last edited by a moderator:
God I thought the comments that I had recieved were cheaky but that is rediculous x

Haha did she want u to do them for £9?!

These people have too much time on their hands obviously!

Lol-ing at this, my next dr neighbour is also a friend and I do her lashes/tans/nails etc

We were having a chat earlier over a cuppa about something yesterday...

My fb status - "I have one appt left for new year ladies, on wednesday after a cancellation I can fit a set of lashes in or a couple of tans"

New friend added this week comment -"how much r the lashes"

Me "£60 hun"

New fried - "naaaaaaaa I can get them done for a tenner by my best mate"
Further comment "what makes yours so xxxxx special"

Further comment "your eyelashes are xxxx anyway"

How cheeky is that??

The lady who does my lashes had the same thing on her page, she put a special offer on of flirties for £50 & someone commented " that's a rip off, lashes are only £4 & the glue is £3!!! Cheeky mare! Loads of her clients ripped this girl to shreds!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate this.
I also did the same thing, I posted a photo of some lashes that I had done on a client with the message "£15 for these gorgeous party lashes, call .... for appointments."

I was trying the short and sweet advertising as it seems to work better than long winded material. Anyway, some girl posted on my photo "I do them for £10 and I'm mobile."

So I posted, "I don't know how you dare post on MY work to advertise your business, this is extremely unprofessional. Advertise on your own turf."

Maybe I shouldn't have but I was so annoyed with her, I would never ever do that to someone else. So I fully empathise, I know that business is business but there's business and then there's impoliteness.

some people aye! They only serve in making themselves look and sound ridiculous. Lucky I've not had this yet but sometimes its best to kill them with kindness. I'd ask them to kindly start their own post advertising they're own services to keep our advertisements professional. And to the lady who said what makes yours so special I'd reply please forward your number so that i can talk you through the process from client consultation to design to aftercare. That way when others either choose a cheap as chips therapist they can see the corners they are cutting or they'll choose to book with you as they can see how professional you are, how much you value their clients and how you don't just apply lashes you give fantastic customer service. Chin up ladies these other people won't be hear for long with those prices or they'll attract the discount deidres which can be some what angsty clients to say the least!
Love n hugs x x x

Hmmm...well, reading this thread just confirms my feelings about having a Facebook page.

I know that for many salons and therapists it's a great business generator but I think this thread just goes to show that it is too open to abuse :eek:

I would also worry that any competitor reading my page would private message any clients posting on my wall and try and undercut me or try and tempt them away! Maybe I'm just being paranoid lol!

PB
x

some people aye! They only serve in making themselves look and sound ridiculous. Lucky I've not had this yet but sometimes its best to kill them with kindness. I'd ask them to kindly start their own post advertising they're own services to keep our advertisements professional. And to the lady who said what makes yours so special I'd reply please forward your number so that i can talk you through the process from client consultation to design to aftercare. That way when others either choose a cheap as chips therapist they can see the corners they are cutting or they'll choose to book with you as they can see how professional you are, how much you value their clients and how you don't just apply lashes you give fantastic customer service. Chin up ladies these other people won't be hear for long with those prices or they'll attract the discount deidres which can be some what angsty clients to say the least!
Love n hugs x x x

I agree to kill with kindness, if you snap back it makes you look bad I would over patronise them with very kind words making you look very professional and then looking very stupid!

HaHa!

These people are absolutely ridiculous. How funny! Do they not realise how bad they are making themselves look?

Congratulations on keeping it professional ladies. I have liked and view many other therapists pages, but the only time i ever comment is for positive reasons, to say how much i liked their nail art for example.

Never respond in anger. Reply politely and informatively and your customers will know where to go ;)

I really did laugh when she said she was cheaper and had loads of free time....i wonder why that is xx

I had another one a few weeks ago were someone put on my wall 'you're lashes are a rip off' and she was bright orange on her pic, so I put 'maybe a professional non orange spray tan would interest you more'

Lol

Latest posts

Back