Choosing a red from Shellac or Gelish.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
I'm looking for my perfect red and I'll have a red from either to start me off, hence the thread here and not in either of the lovers groups.

I have lost count of the pictures I have looked at to help make a decision, as there is one conclusion, they all look different! I have a criteria for my red, can you help me choose?

Must be a wow factor, proper red in opaque.
No sheer colours.
No frosting or glitter.
No orange to it.
No plum to it, or wine.
No pink to it.

Think poppies, fire engines, blood (thin blood, not thick deep wine coloured!)

So far I think I like Gelish 'Red roses' but again in some pics it can look slightly orange. What's the true colour?
Also, being guided by another thread that gives opaqueness, glitter etc of the colours, I think Shellac Wildfire could be a possibility because it is opaque. But again, in pics it can look too much like an orangey red rather than a true red.

So, over to you, who have got the real colours in front of you. What do you suggest?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi sweetie,
Look at wildfire by Shellac, its a true pillarbox red. Sorry hun i dont actually have wildfire yet, but i thought my suggestion may help.

I'm looking for my perfect red and I'll have a red from either to start me off, hence the thread here and not in either of the lovers groups.

I have lost count of the pictures I have looked at to help make a decision, as there is one conclusion, they all look different! I have a criteria for my red, can you help me choose?

Must be a wow factor, proper red in opaque.
No sheer colours.
No frosting or glitter.
No orange to it.
No plum to it, or wine.
No pink to it.

Think poppies, fire engines, blood (thin blood, not thick deep wine coloured!)

So far I think I like Gelish 'Red roses' but again in some pics it can look slightly orange. What's the true colour?
Also, being guided by another thread that gives opaqueness, glitter etc of the colours, I think Shellac Wildfire could be a possibility because it is opaque. But again, in pics it can look too much like an orangey red rather than a true red.

So, over to you, who have got the real colours in front of you. What do you suggest?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Wildfire by Shellac - true Pillar Box red totally neutral.

Gelish of the 3 reds I have one has an orange base, one a blue base and the other is a berry all are gorgeous but when I need a true neutral red I use Wildfire

hth's

I don't use Gelish, so can't help there, but Shellac Wildfire is the one I'd recommend. It sounds like you need a blue based red without the strong orange tones, and that's what Wildfire looks like on me x

lol- Martigirl we were typing at the same time!

Hi Nicole...I dont use Gelish so not too sure about 'red roses'. I do, however use Shellac & yes wildfire is a beautiful red.

One of my ladies who was a bio sculpture pillar box red "only" client, finally gave in & agreed to try Shellac Wildfire a few months ago........say no more, she has never looked back !!!

To make it slightly deeper I layer it over Decadence too :) hth

Lisa x

Hmm, it seems you are all heading for Wildfire so far. I'm glad my wish list is making sense! Thank you :hug:

Any Gelish users care to comment on Red roses?

I use Gelish. Red Roses is definitely either a blue or orange base. I always get mixed up with the 2 names and dont have it to hand to be sure which one it is.

I can defintely say its not neutral like wildfire tho

Definitely Wildfire :)

Wildfire from me too

Vicki xx

Wildfire a proper red. It's what the Virgin female flight attendants wear. X

Wildfire, wildfire, wildfire!!
Love it, love it, love it!!
Kxx

I'm so picky about reds but wildfire, as everyone else has said :) ticks every single thing you've listed. Its what i call a true red and looks fantastic. Is also an absolute pleasure to use :) X x x

Agree with everyone else - Wildfire, beautiful colour and beautiful shine.

Jacqui xx

Gelish Hot Rod Red I recently used when competing in the nailympics....i'll try and upload a pic

Attachments

• 953.jpg
    953.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 11,632
Shellac's Wildfire is AMAZING. My client asked for it the other day with M/R over it and I cringed when she said, Wildfire. I do have a fear of red polish.

Well, fear NO more! Wildfire went on like a dream. I absolutely LOVE it. HTH! :)

Gelish Hot Rod Red I recently used when competing in the nailympics....i'll try and upload a pic

Hi Minkus! Thanks for the pic. So you'd say that Hot Rod Red fits my criteria over any other Gelish red? I may be wrong but I can't remember HRR being on the colour wheel that Emma sent me, hence me thinking Red Roses could be a contender.

Thankyou to everyone else too, especially for your consistency as it gives me faith that that would be the correct choice if I chose Shellac for my red.

Shellac's Wildfire is AMAZING. My client asked for it the other day with M/R over it and I cringed when she said, Wildfire. I do have a fear of red polish.

Well, fear NO more! Wildfire went on like a dream. I absolutely LOVE it. HTH! :)

i couldn't agree more deanosnana. I'm sooooo not scared of this red :) it applies beautifully and love using it and I'm new so my polishing skills are still developing :)

Wild fire SHELLAC .... Wins hands down for me !
This photo is one of the first shellacs I ever did , the color glided on soooo effortlessly !

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317844562.000935.jpg

I think Gelish Hot Rod Red is the best colour, after all gelish got 1st,2nd & 3rd place at the nail comp last month. Colour speaks for its self:|

Latest posts

Back