Cleaning tanning tent???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how they clean thier tanning tent?
i was told that it would be ok to put it straight back in the bag but i am concerned that i will get a build of tanning lotion in it,especially on the flooring.
Could i just wipe it over or maybe even mop it out afterwards? not really comfrtable with just leaving it to dry!

Hi Emma,

once a week i put my tent up in the garden n spray it with the hosepipe i then get a soft brush n brush over it with a little bit of fairy liquid n rinse with the hosepipe i then let it dry in the garden although i have to weigh it down to stop it flying off, dont suppose u'll av that prob in tenerife.

katrine

can anyone tell me how they clean thier tanning tent?
i was told that it would be ok to put it straight back in the bag but i am concerned that i will get a build of tanning lotion in it,especially on the flooring.
Could i just wipe it over or maybe even mop it out afterwards? not really comfrtable with just leaving it to dry!

Hi

When I'm at someone's house with my tent I wipe it down with dry couch roll, and take it out back at home at the end of the day - to wipe it again with a wet flannel. then I leave it to dry before putting it away. HTH

Same here, wipe down with a damp cloth after i'm finished and as often as possible (weather permitting) spray it down with the hose in the garden. i read somewhere of a lady who takes hers to the local manual car wash and hoses it down there!
K

When I clean through my HVLP with hot soapy water at the end of the day I also spray the inside of my tent with it. Then wipe it down with some couch roll to get off the majority of the solution and respray with some clean soapy water and leave for 30 mins or so to air dry.

HTH.

Jenni
xx

You are better not using detergents to clean the tents as it can rot the material. The easiest way would be when you have cleaned out your gun and have blown some water through to make sure its spraying clear, spray the inside of the the booth with the gun and plain warm water then just wipe off with couch roll.

I had some disinfectant wipes from Mundo that was safe to use on furnishings ie beauty beds (not the hard surface cleaner - this would be too harsh for the booths) and I used this for the floor area to make sure it was thoroughly hygienically cleaned where people stood.

:hug:

I also use wipes to clean the tent after use then just go over it with couch roll, when the weather is nice it is taken out side and washed with soapy water, then hosepipe to get all the solution out and left to dry.

clean your machine and tent at the same time with warm water and rub down with and old towel. I dont use any products on mine

hi

this is what I do:

lay bath sheet on floor of tent - it stops any going on floor and then this can just be washed after doing tan
wipe down with damp couch roll after clients for sides of tent
once a week I stand it upside down in my bath closed (so that the roof opening is on bottom of bath ) squirt handwash on each side and wet flannel lightly to lather up - use shower head to wash it all away
I then open it slightly (cant do it all the way as bath not big enough to open fully) and then do same as above on inside

mostly its just the warm water that washes everything out
i leave it to dry in bath upside down still doesnt take long maybe 15 mins to wash and same to dry

hth
Nicola

thanks everyone this is a big help,just one more question tho - does anyone else here apart from perfect beauty put something on the floor before spraying?

thanks everyone this is a big help,just one more question tho - does anyone else here apart from perfect beauty put something on the floor before spraying?

I use sticky feet only.

I always put a large towel/bath sheet on the floor of the tent, looks better than the black plastic floor. Just wash at the end of the session.
K

Clean, soft, terry towel, turn over for next client then wash at 30 degrees quick wash. Nice for client to stand on, warm and soft, doesn't put tan on soles of feet, stops overspray on rest of tent/booth floor. Costs are absolutely minimal.

i use sticky feet and i also have large black bath towels that i put on the floor of the tent, wash at the end of the day. i only do tan parties at the moment really so have a few towels. think it looks better than plastic floor. wipe down once finished spraying and everyone sorting their money out while i pack away and usually put tent down last.

What a good idea using the tanning spray gun to clean the tent - why didnt I think of that? lol I've been using my husbands jet wash! Must admit it hasnt been done every week though :o

I have just started putting a towel at the bottom of the tent for clients to stand on along with couch roll, found a towel that repeatedly says 'I must top up my tan' all over it!!! lmao :green:

i buy disinfectant wet wipes and after every spray tan i wipe my equipment and tent down with that.

Latest posts

Back