Cleaning tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not one I do all the time, only if I have people coming round and I want the bathroom to look super clean! After cleaning the bath, basin and (outside!) the toilet bowl, wipe over with a little glass cleaner - it literally sparkles!! Xx

To remove biro from anything, spray it with hairspray. I don't know how or why it works, but it does.

I bought a chair from next and got it discounted as the sales assistant had just squeezed past it with a burst biro pen in his pocket. Left a big ink mark on the side.
Got it for less than half price and when I got home sprayed with hairspray (must be aerosol can) then wiped with a baby wipe. All gone. It's an amazing tip. This is a fabric chair so not sure about leather etc.
just make sure you have the baby wipes to hand as when you spray hairspray it literally lifts the ink out and starts running. Xx

Hopefully you wise geeks can help me!
I'm in the process of painting something on fabric and I have watery paint oozing around my picture. I really need rid of these unwanted "borders", how do I do this without ruining the picture?

Hopefully you wise geeks can help me!
I'm in the process of painting something on fabric and I have watery paint oozing around my picture. I really need rid of these unwanted "borders", how do I do this without ruining the picture?

Could you use a resistant, eg wax, to prepare the parts you don't want the paint to bleed into?

Could you use a resistant, eg wax, to prepare the parts you don't want the paint to bleed into?

I honestly didn't think of that until the picture was actually finished :( now it looks rather weird, I've tried fairy liquid, and washing powder and so far it looks like it's just getting worse. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402599212.149463.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402599231.155302.jpg

I just want to cry if I'm honest, this is the front panel for a cushion I'm making for someone's birthday on Saturday and I'm at a loss of how to fix it.

Thank you for your help x

I think it looks like a nice shadow effect.
If you really are desperate you could possibly apply a bleach solution, with a brush, to the affected area - I honestly don't know if it would work, though, or what the risk would be.

Thank you for that, might try it, can I PM you a picture of what the actual picture is so you get a better idea?
Thanks again :)

I spilt printer ink all over my boyfriends cream carpet last year 😬 this was before I moved in with him! I did the wrong thing and scrubbed it (so it spread) I tried vanish, carpet cleaning it and everything!!! It was horrendous!!
But I poured vodka onto cotton discs.. Put it directly over the stain... Put heavy books over it and left it for half an hour... Went back and the vodka had completely soaked up all the ink into the pads! Now u literally can not tell at all!!

Vodka gets pretty much every stain out of everything!!! X

Denture cleaning tablets are great for cleaning the loo, drop 2 in and leave over night.

Baby wipe can remove oil from clothing & carpet (test a discreet patch first)

Bicarbonate of soda & lemon juice great for stainless steel, granite sinks also bathrooms.

White vinegar excellent at getting rid of lime scale around taps, poor on neat leave for a few minutes and rinse (May need a little rub)

An old fashioned Ostrich feather duster is the best duster ever if you have black glass tv stand etc and on horizontal blinds

I love the hairspray tip, will definitely remember that one.

I spent far too much money on decleor oily eye make up remover. It irritated my eyes and nipped like mad.
However it's brilliant for getting gloss paint out carpets!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

bit of a lazy one, but baby wipes are amazing!!!

for windows and mirrors, wipe with the baby wipe, and straight after one spot, wipe the same place with kitchen paper. takes a while when you have floor to ceiling windows, but works!!

and I'm renting a tiny bedsit atm, and i'm a smoker and smoke in my apartment, so the place gets grubby easily, so wipe the cabinets and wardrobes and doors (only if there painted, don't do it if there varnished or on varnished furniture, it will turn it spotty and white!) with the baby wipe, and you'll see the brown stains from the smoke :eek: but it takes some of the stale smoke smell away.... I do have to do it every 2-3 days!

The Flash Magic Eraser and the single one is half price in Tesco at the mo. If you have small people in your home, you need this, it saves my life on a daily basis

I don't know if this is really bad but I do it anyway !
I clean my shower glass with harpic toilet cleaner only a small amount and wipe over it gets rid of any water scum with little effort and it doesn't smear X

I do this on the mirror in my shower, its fab :)

I spent far too much money on decleor oily eye make up remover. It irritated my eyes and nipped like mad.
However it's brilliant for getting gloss paint out carpets!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Worrying when you think it's for use around your eyes!!!😁

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

The Flash Magic Eraser and the single one is half price in Tesco at the mo. If you have small people in your home, you need this, it saves my life on a daily basis

They sell magic erasers in the 99p/£1 shop! X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone know how to get lipstick/gloss out of clothing? I've managed to get it on my new top 😡 gutted!

Does anyone know how to get lipstick/gloss out of clothing? I've managed to get it on my new top 😡 gutted!

Try using cheap shaving foam :) rub it in & put it in the wash.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Try using cheap shaving foam :) rub it in & put it in the wash.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you! I ended up taking it to the Mother's and she's got it out lol.

Mum's to the rescue!!

Latest posts

Back