Client Allergic and need advise super quickly please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondgirl

Reaction score
I am due to do a pedicure tomorrow for a client who told me she was allergic to Formaldehyde. As I use OPI which contains Formaldehyde Resin and not Formaldehyde and CND which is 3free I thought id be home dry so to speak.........

Well I spoke to her today as I just wanted to clarify that it was just Formaldehyde she was allergic to and she now says that shes allergic to Formaldehyde...Formaldehyde Resin....Quanternium 15.......

So OPI is out ...Thank god for CND at least I can base and top coat her nails lol.............However my foot mask contains Diazolidinyl Urea which I know is a product that releases Formaldehyde........

Does anyone know whether Paraffin Wax contains Formaldehyde? Im kinda guessing it does......

Anyways Please could anyone advise of any Mani/Pedi products that do not contain any of the above? as her pedicure is going to be pretty basic lol if I dont find something fast.....

Appreciate any help given
Thanks Loads x

Jessica do not contain Formaldehyde.

Hope this helps xx

Check SpaRitual from NSi sure they're 3 free

Is it just the mask that's a problem? What moisturising products do you use?
I use CND spa, so have both a rich moisturising cream as well as a massage oil.....in this circumstance I think I'd paint on a good dollop of the rich moisturiser and wrap as I would my mask.
Don't know whtehr that's a viable option for you.
HTH, Lou x

Thank you very much for advice so far really it is appreciated...........

Does anyone know if paraffin wax does contain Formaldahyde? I have tried to look for ingredients but have had no luck......

This has definately been a learning curve for me to LEARN MY PRODUCTS:o
x

HI Top Tottie
With regards to Jessica is that all products that are formaldehyde free and do not release formaldehyde or is that just the polish? Thanks loads x

If you ask the manufacturers of all your products they should give you an MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for each of them. I had to do this last year when I was applying for a licence to do electrolyisis.
RE your client, I'd be asking her what products she's had used on her before!

Hi Lynne thankyou.....

I have asked her which products she currently uses and she was really vague and said this and that!!!!!** which really didnt help I asked what current nail polishes she uses and she was unsure said shed dig some out!! so none the wiser with regards to the client..........

Im confident in the products I use as I had already researched them but initially she stated that she was only allergic to Formaldehyde and then last night she said she was allergic to Formaldehyde resin and any products that release Formaldehyde and also Quanternium so it was just the parrafin wax I was unsure on.........So will ring supplier and ask Thanks Loads x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back