Client asleep

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa17

Reaction score
Had a client last night for a facial ,went through normal routine and after i put the mask on she fell asleep .I didnt want to wake her but the mask was only supposed to be on for 15 mins lol. tryed making afew little noises ,then told her it was time to take the mask off, nothing seemed to work . Eventually she did wake up .Just wondered if anyone else had a problem like this and how did you wake the client up .

Hi Hun,
Never had a beauty client fall asleep, but I used to do face painting and children did fall asleep on a regular basis, I used to say close your eyes as if going to sleep, then they did, used to ask the mum to wake them.
I know my mum says she reguarly falls asleep when having some treatments, especially indian head massage.
If you play soft music, turn the volume up when you want them awake, have you noticed the TV ads come through louder than the programme you have watched. I find this funny as my hubby falls asleep watching TV, then jumps awake at the ads.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

pmsl- last time I had a facial I very nearly fell asleep- my Mum came with me, and as my therapist went to get me some water at the end of the treatment Mum asked if I was awake- therapist replied- 'yeah I think so, her eyes just flickered'! :D
As long as you wake someone gently, it's fine- it's no good having a relaxing treatment then being jolted awake!
I'm not a skin geek, but I would say carry on with the treatment as normal- you can always plead ignorance!

treat it like a compliment!

what you could do is gently spritz their face!

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea turning the music up , I will try that next time .

not in beauty but yesterday I went to cut someones hair in their home, the lady is nearly 90 years old and a very poorly lady, well usually I just knock and go in and shout 'hello violet' and she shouts me to come in... well she never answered yesterday so I shouted again and popped my hair around the room door, She was lying lobsided on the settee as if she had just fallen there! her head was back and mouth open, there was no noises or signs of breathing or anything...My first thoughts were is she asleep? I was hopeing that she was but I shouted her a little bit louder and still no response, I was getting a little worried but as I shouted her again she suddenly woke up:) what a relief that was lol

that is a big compliment darling! I had once a lady that fall asleep and completely forgot where she was and turned over, while the mask was on! it was hilarious:lol:

gaby

I have a client that falls asleep during a massage. i just gently tap her on the shoulder when it is time to roll over.

Hi there,
when I do a full body massage, most of my clients fall asleep, what I usually do is, place my hand on their shoulder and gently but not too quietly tell them that I am going to get them a glass of water and ask them to get dressed. When I return they are usually awake, but for those who do not wake up I put their glass of water on the side and gently wake them up because the next client us usually on it's way and I have to prepare. :)

I'm always having people fall asleep during their treatments, one even drifted off during a full body wax...weird! Of course, it could be that I bore them to sleep but I like to think it's my technique! I rarely have anyone make it through a facial without drifting off, so I generally carry on as normal, and to wake them near the end gently bring cotton wool doused with cool toner into contact with their temples, that always works & as long as you go slowly they won't jolt.

Hi there,
when I do a full body massage, most of my clients fall asleep, what I usually do is, place my hand on their shoulder and gently but not too quietly tell them that I am going to get them a glass of water and ask them to get dressed. When I return they are usually awake, but for those who do not wake up I put their glass of water on the side and gently wake them up because the next client us usually on it's way and I have to prepare. :)

I have a few clients that tend to fall asleep through massage also. I do the same as Bebeautiful and that seems to work. I've also had a client fall asleep through a body wrap but suddenly woke herself up through snoring which shocked her and made her quite freaked out being in the wrap so it had to be removed quite quick. I presumed it was because she didn't quite realise where she was and just thought she was trapped. My one amusing client (bless her) fell asleep during a facial I was being assessed for in college and she was snoring very loudly, but my tutor just giggled.

I always take it as a big compliment, and to me it means I am doing a good treatment.

Once I had a back and shoulder massage for 1 hour and I think after about 20 mins I was out like a light.
Luckily my therapist is a friend and she whispered to me at the end "you're all done now Jude....."
FABULOUS!!!!
I even found it hard to drive home and when I got back just lay down.
THAT is what I call a massage!!

I have had clients fall asleep during treatments and I take it as a compliment.

I did have one man fall asleep during a facial with the mask on. I thought I would get some water to remove the mask. I very carefully and quietly got up and then fell over the metal bin causing it to clatter to the ground while managing to knock over all my facial products onto the floor at the same time. Bowl in my hand also clattered to the ground and the poor man almost jumped out of his skin.

This is not my usual method of waking them up though I usually just speak a bit louder than the music and tell them what I am going to do next in the treatment.

HTH

Lisa

I think I slaverred on the table.
Don't TELL ANYONE apart from the 20 million people who visit this site:lol:
It was just a bit of spit:)

I don't feel like I've done my job properly if my facial/massage clients don't go to sleep.

If a facial client goes to sleep during the mask, I just gentle touch them on the shoulders to reestablish contact with them (so they sren't startled awake) and then carry on if they wake up or not. Before applying moisturiser I spritz the air above them with a floral water. I find they wake gradually as your finishing up. The velco on the head band is usually does the job, then I just say, we are all finished (insert name).

And everyone apologises for falling asleep, but I expect it.

I fell asleep once while getting a tattoo. When I'm tired it takes a lot to keep me awake :)

well guys, one of my clients kept falling asleep while I was putting nails on her!!! i couldnt believe it. she was quiet really not into chatting. but still made it hard her hands kept pullin back off my desk!! ahhhh! xxx

When I was at college learning massage one of my clients started snoring!! My tutor said to take it as a great compliment of my skills.:green:

Now if it happens I normally just place my hand on their shoulder and say that were all finished now.

In fact I'm always slightly disappointed if they don't fall asleep! :lol:

I love it when clients fall asleep during facials and massage - there is no greater compliment. My love for this started when in my NVQ facial assessment my model fell asleep - it was a bit of a fight during the massage bit cos she kept trying to put her head to one side but I just worked with it and now I just wake people up gently with the old can I get you a drink of water line.... or if I am going to do anything that my shock them I give them a little warning. xxx

well guys, one of my clients kept falling asleep while I was putting nails on her!!! i couldnt believe it. she was quiet really not into chatting. but still made it hard her hands kept pullin back off my desk!! ahhhh! xxx

Unusual when having nails done! I wonder if she was just really tired or if she has an underlying condition she maybe doesn't know about?

Latest posts

Back