Client confidentiality vs criminality - what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id be scared they might do it to me ;)

Danilionpoppy.....you summed it up in a much better way! Thanks ( shame you couldn't have written my essay....it would have made much more sense than me rambling on) lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I agree with Tigan- I'd never grass! On anybody! Especially not family! No matter what it was!
With clients if it's was child abuse then yes I would but that's it anything else my mouth would be sealed shut! x

So, Lou, if a member of your family was abusing a child, even another member of your family, then you wouldn't inform the authorities?

A dear friend was systematically abused by her much older brother for many years. I wonder if her parents knew but decided not to 'grass on anybody, especially not the family, no matter what it was'? It's OK to grass on child abuse in your book, but only if you hear of it from clients?

For evil to prosper all it needs is for good people to do nothing ...

Angelina took the words/quote right out of my mouth....says it all really.

You may not have a legal obligation, but you have a moral obligation to report any serious criminality, for the sake of your community.

If it was a safeguarding issue cropped up in conversation I wouldn't have any hesitation in reporting it as I don't think we have a right to keep any safeguarding a secret.

So....can I just put this out there for your views.......

Client comes in wearing brand new trainers, and when you comment she says yeah they are cool and didn't cost a penny, got them during the riots, and then goes on to tell you she also has a looted plasma screen in her house amongst other things all obtained during the riots!

What do you do then?

1.Phone Crimetoppers giviing her name and address (all in confidence no come back)
2. Just ignore it and rebook her
3. Ask her if she can get you a pair of Converse/TV/handbag at the next riot !!

Crimestoppers!

Client comes in wearing brand new trainers, and when you comment she says yeah they are cool and didn't cost a penny, got them during the riots, and then goes on to tell you she also has a looted plasma screen in her house amongst other things all obtained during the riots!

What do you do then?
St
1.Phone Crimetoppers giviing her name and address (all in confidence no come back)

Ask her for stuff! Lol I AM JOKING

I think if the client was a new client i would phone crimestoppers without a second thought , however if they client was one whom is work with for years I think it would be more difficult, but I would like to think I would still phone crimestoppers??

Will be interesting to see other replies x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

So, Lou, if a member of your family was abusing a child, even another member of your family, then you wouldn't inform the authorities?

A dear friend was systematically abused by her much older brother for many years. I wonder if her parents knew but decided not to 'grass on anybody, especially not the family, no matter what it was'? It's OK to grass on child abuse in your book, but only if you hear of it from clients?

Sorry i didnt go into enough detail then, if a member of my family was abusing a child then yes it would be a different story.
But this is about a relationship... It's their decisions and I'd most definitely leave them to it x

What do you do then?

Re-book!
I'm a therapist not a policewoman!
Not saying I agree with the riots, I've been affected by them (a long way down the line as I'm sure most people have)
But I just don't see why it would be any of my business!
Hear no evil see no evil speak no evil x

Sorry i didnt go into enough detail then, if a member of my family was abusing a child then yes it would be a different story.
But this is about a relationship... It's their decisions and I'd most definitely leave them to it x

Some confusion here. The thread is about criminality, not about a girl going out with a boy her parents don't approve of.

Re-book!
I'm a therapist not a policewoman!
Not saying I agree with the riots, I've been affected by them (a long way down the line as I'm sure most people have)
But I just don't see why it would be any of my business!
Hear no evil see no evil speak no evil x

I would have thought Izzidoll's question was rhetorical. Still it's reassuring to know that people can be proud of their lack of morals:eek:

Right. I'm off to run and hide:lol:

I don't care who it is, if I found out anyone I knew was involved in the rioting i'd shop them. It was an absolute disgrace.

Sorry I was confused I think I'd read a different thread/post and muddled them in to one!

I don't really see the point in people joining in a thread when all they want to hear is one side of it.
I like how its only a rhetorical question when I answer what you didn't want to hear, yet other people have replied but that's okay.

I'd of rather not commented altogether- bit silly when people can't hear peoples views.
I would stay out of other peoples business and not get involved, however I agree with the people that would tell the authorities.
x

Latest posts

Back