client consultation card idea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chikkies nails

Reaction score
hi i found a client consultation card layout and thought it would be great for most techs who dont allow kids in the salon and for the clients who break their appointments.

eg this is a snippit from the form

(Salon Name) Reserves the right to charge for appointments canceled or broken without 24 hours notice. Due to the potentially hazardous chemicals in the salon, please make other arrangements for your children on appointment days. (Salon Name) will not be held accountable for injury or accidents to, or caused by, unsupervised children.
Client Signature: Tech Signature

for those that are interested the addy is

http://www.hooked-on-nails.com/Clientprofileform.pdf

Thanks for that:hug:

I recently had a meeting with Health & Safety to discuss children in the salon. I was informed that the minuite a child enters your premices they are no longer the parents responsibility but yours.
I think that even a disclaimer about responsibility does not hold in court so I would check this out further with your insurance companies etc rather than relay on it.
How many parents bring children to salons with juice to passify them!! If they spill it when your not looking and another client slips on it...then you are liable because you did not prevent the incident by assesing the child and the juice :irked: hth jo xx

Last edited:
A client brough her 5 year old once and she was booked in for a massage. She was expecting the child to sit at my nail desk with a colouring book and felt tips and entertian herself while I did the half hour treatment on her.

I was livid.. I just thought on my feet and said.. Oh am sorry.. but I couldnt possibly do the massage whilst her child was being unsupervised, it would affect my consentration and the clients relaxation which was the point of the massage. She said but she wont be any trouble.. I was insistant and said we would have to reschedule. I was really pleased with my assertiveness as usually I would have just agreed to it. No more.. I have too much investment in my salon to allow children to be unsupervised in it. I don't allow my own child in so I will be dammed to allow someone else's children.... I would much prefer to lose the job or reschedule than hate doing the treatment because my mind was worrying about the child.

I think your disclaimer is an excellent idea. Luckily I don't have many clients that bring their children.. phew!

Latest posts

Back