Client Dilema.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
Hope some of you out there can give me some advice.
Here goes:
A couple of weeks ago i did a pedicure on a very nice lady and at the same time she asked me if I could give her red tipped l&p overlays a buff and polish. This i did. She then told me that her nail tech was on holiday for a month so could she book in with me for her rebalance. She also used creative so i could see no problem. She also rebooked a pedicure for the end of July.
Well, Wednesday was the day of her rebalance........no show !! I was a bit peeed off but just thought oh well perhaps she forgot. I did have her home number but got no reply when i rang her.
Yesterday she turned up at the salon asking for my business partner to cut her hair, and she apologised profusely for "totally forgetting" her appointment and "feeling terrible" for letting me down but she wanted to keep her pedi appointment in 2 weeks time. I accepted this apology and laughed it off.................UNTIL i saw that her lovely red tipped nails were a lovely white colour !!! The blooming woman blatantly lied to me and really took me for a fool. I don't really care if I do her nails cos she was only ever going to be a one off nail client but she obviously went else where and couldn't be bothered to let me know she wasn't coming. I am so mad.
My poor hubby has got an ear bashing listening to me rant on so thought i'd rant on this site !
Part of me is so tempted to say to her when (IF) she comes for her pedi "I'm sure your nails were red last time" especially when they are covered in cream and she can't escape !! My hubby thinks i should just take her money for the pedi and ignore the rebalance .
How would you handle this situation ?
Thank you for listening

God forgive me, but i hope they lift!:evil:

glance at them a lot, but dont actually say anything, that'll make her squirm !!

I think your hubby is right!
I know how annoying this would have been....its happened to me, these women must think that we button up the back!.
Did she really think you wouldent notice she had new nails on? But that is beside the point, she must have enjoyed her pedicure from you and is coming back for that, so I would do the pedicure and take her money. You really should charge a cancellation fee for no shows though and you could have added that on to her pedicure! Obviously if she fails to turn up for that appt she needs to be 'sacked' as a client !

You never know maybe she broke a nail and went to her own tech who didnt have the confidence or expertise to do red tips! and just put on a new set of forever french!

Thanks guys for all yr replies.
Just good to get a good rant out of the system onto others who understand !
x

Just a quick thought...I like red tips, but did you certainly see that they had been rebalanced ?? or were they just painted white because she found them to be a bit OTT. In fact thinking about this while typing if she had forgotten her rebalance she would have booked that in again wouldn't she so in fact my thoughts are probably not correct and she probably has had her rebalance done elsewhere.

I'd agree with the previous answers and just take her money, she won't be back anyway by the sounds of it.

izzidoll said:
I know how annoying this would have been....its happened to me, these women must think that we button up the back!.
:D :D :D

Still do the pedicure and take her money.

I would nicely and casually ask her who removed the red nails......then sit back and watch her squirm ;)

Hi

I wouldnt say anything, but if she misses an appointment again send her a bill. Cheeky mare!

As has been said just glance at them.............she will feel guilty enough :lol:

Latest posts

Back