Client says her Shellac removes with facial toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a bottle at my mums house if its still there I'll try it out tomorrow. Just looked up the ingredients and yes it has acetone in it! Yikes!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369003418.094729.jpg
Here's the stuff

Apparently clinque toner can strip paint brushes? Why would anyone use it on their skin :-/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Omg i am horrified! Now going 2 b checking everything!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I spent a few hours with a Clinique rep the other day and even she was rather cagey (in a nice way) about their toner. If it's this one she was thinking about I can understand why after reading this thread!! Scary!

They have changed the ingredients quite a few times and it used to contain acetone but that was a long time ago.
Here are the latest ingredients;
INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU, ALCOHOL DENAT., GLYCERIN, SALICYLIC ACID, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL), MENTHOL, TREHALOSE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, BENZOPHENONE-4, RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 33 (CI 17200), VIOLET 2 (CI 60730), [ILN37004]

I think they advertise it more as an exfoliant!
I personally have never or ever would use a toner.

They have changed the ingredients quite a few times and it used to contain acetone but that was a long time ago.
Here are the latest ingredients;
INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU, ALCOHOL DENAT., GLYCERIN, SALICYLIC ACID, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL), MENTHOL, TREHALOSE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, BENZOPHENONE-4, RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 33 (CI 17200), VIOLET 2 (CI 60730), [ILN37004]

I think they advertise it more as an exfoliant!
I personally have never or ever would use a toner.

Sodium hydroxide?!
An IRRITANT?!

I know that the Clinique girls use it to clean down their counters at night!
It is the only brand of skincare that I will pay my clients to stop using. There ain't no point them having a facial with me then go back to using that!

I was a Clarins account manager for years with my lovely pristine matt white counter and the Clarifying lotion 2 was fantastic at removing pen marks etc from it!!
Apart from everything else that's in the product to turn your skin red and sore the alcohol is SD alcohol so this could quite easily be marring shellac.

I know that the Clinique girls use it to clean down their counters at night!
It is the only brand of skincare that I will pay my clients to stop using. There ain't no point them having a facial with me then go back to using that!

One of my clients (aged 31) was asking about Botox. When I found out she was using Clinique, I said 'Lets sort you out some decent skincare before you look at Botox'!
Yet in the Sunday Times I think a couple of their products won best in category. Nowt as queer as folk!!!

Clinque facial products, in particularly the toner!!!!

Allegedly, even a swipe removes Shellac!

REALLY?!?!?

Anyone of you Geeks care to try this one out??

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's crazy! I used to use Clinique toner to clean my surfaces where I used to work! It gets even the most stubborn stains off!! xx

Yet in the Sunday Times I think a couple of their products won best in category. Nowt as queer as folk!!!

Hmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it's owned by the Lauder Group, and they all do support one another...

I used to work on a cosmetics dept in a dept store , one day a customer broke a bottle of red nail polish that went all over white marble floor tiling.
Trying to clean it up was a nightmare it looked like someone had bled to death on the floor. When one of the girls I worked with suggested using a Clinique toner to clean it up.
And guess what?? The toner cleaned all traces of red polish from the floor within seconds.

Now we all know what to get if we have any stubborn stains!! Expensive stain remover though!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Clinque facial products, in particularly the toner!!!!

Allegedly, even a swipe removes Shellac!

REALLY?!?!?

Anyone of you Geeks care to try this one out??

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hiya,

I have used Clinique everyday for 20 years now....the clarifying number 2 toner in particular....and I have never had a problem with it affecting my Shellac!
So a load of old coblers I'd say! lol :D

Latest posts

Back