Client wants refund on hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i am insured, with insurisk. Recommended to me on the day of my course.

Its a nightmare! Just starting my own business doing hair extensions and i feel like ill have to do even more to recover from this girl and her slander, its so upsetting to think that someone thinks they cam just put you and what you love doing down like that.

Will be just advertising on my own personal facebook page and only do people who are recommened, i feel i should be wary of any enquiry from someone i dont know now! :confused::confused:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

The only thing I will say is some sections look thin there's one that's very thin and long (not square or even) it will pull from one part of the section more than the other (uneven tension) witch will cause traction alopicia I'm sure the whole head isn't like this but maybe the hairdresser see a few like this and said her bit! I agree with the other geeks though if this hairdresser was so good at extensions why did your client choose to come to you? Take this as a learning curve extensions is a hard business and you will get people like this you just have to stick to your guns do not admit your wrong until you have seen them yourself if the client won't come back to you for you to see for your self were the problem is then I would never offer a refund x

Maybe don't asked your friends to add fuel to the fire either.

The only thing I will say is some sections look thin there's one that's very thin and long (not square or even) it will pull from one part of the section more than the other (uneven tension) witch will cause traction alopicia I'm sure the whole head isn't like this but maybe the hairdresser see a few like this and said her bit! I agree with the other geeks though if this hairdresser was so good at extensions why did your client choose to come to you? Take this as a learning curve extensions is a hard business and you will get people like this you just have to stick to your guns do not admit your wrong until you have seen them yourself if the client won't come back to you for you to see for your self were the problem is then I would never offer a refund x

No i have tols them once i see Rachelles hair i will be happy to rectify whatever it is she feels is wrong. But i have seen on facebook the other hairdresser is removing on friday. So she isnt willing to come back to me to have removal or anything. She just wants to demand a refund through facebook mail. Am i right in saying there is nothing more i can do? I cant force her to come to me to have them professionally removed if thats what she wants.

The hairdresser should be professional enough to say 'i wont touch someone elses work' i thought that would be common sense in extensions! Once she touches it, its her problem?

I'm sorry that you are going through this. Personally I wouldn't block them as it looks as though you are trying to cover up something and as you say doesn't look very professional. I would however keep my calm and answer to her concerns publicly to show that you are confident and have nothing to hide. To me if I saw somebody getting slandered all over fb and they was confidently replying back and offering advice and their professional opinion, offering to rectify etc etc, I would still consider using you. I would perhaps view the one slandering as a problem client pulling a fast one. We all receive positive and negatives. There is always going to be ladies like this in our line of business. Just make sure you come out looking professional, dignified and the bigger person. As nerve wrecking as it is you really need to face up to it, it will soon pass over. When you send replies to the queries screen shot it for your files. If she becomes abusive then block her. I would then post something on your work page backing yourself up, using your screenshots as proof and writing up something about your point of view on it, without sounding bitchy. I've seen this quite a few times with extensionists on fb. As I said previously the ones that have just blocked I'm wary of, the ones who stand their ground I give the benefit of doubt.

On the other hand one poster mentioned something about your application method wasn't exactly ideal. Perhaps go along to one of the thriving extentionist threads and ask for advice on how you can improve or do better? Or maybe send along a message with pictures attached to where you trained and asked them for a little help. Nothing wrong at all with needing to ask for help and opinions, it's how we learn and gain experience in our game. 15 years on and I'm still asking for advice and opinions from fellow hairdressers, more often then not I'm kicking myself as the answers are so simple, but on the same note I've picked up soooo much stuff that I would never have begun to think off. Good luck and remember we are forever learning in the world of hair xxxxx

Maybe don't asked your friends to add fuel to the fire either.

Where she has posted it I am unable to respond myself. I can only respond to her own page. Im not a member of the buy and sell sites she is slandering me on therefore I am unable to put my point across.

I have replied publicly but i am only able to reply to the post she put on her own business page. She has now removed this post after i replied. All the other buy and sell sites im not a member so i cant respond to the slander on these sites. I know we all make mistake which is why i offered to look, to rectify and offer a refund on the fitting. But she wouldnt let me have a look saying she just wants a refund by the end of the day.

I recieved this from the other hairdresser who is now going to remove them as according to her she doesnt blame the client for not coming back to me. The client sent me one message saying she had them checked and wants a refund and i responded saying that i could offer a refund for fitting only as hair is non refundable, i am more than happy to take a look and try to rectify whatever you feel is wrong with them. And she just said when are you calling with my refund? You have until end of day to give me a refund. She never took me on the offer to recrify.

I am just so upset, as it was clearly first thing this morning she went with her concerns, i only finished fitting them at tea time yesterday! She said yesterday whilst chatting she had her colour done at a salon which she said herself she knew she prob shouldnt have gone too. She said she complained amd refused to pay as her colour wasnt right and they werent willing to fix it so she had to go elsewhere. I then said that i always prefer someone comes to me when they have a problem as i would hate for them to be unhappy. Then this happens. :(:(:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see anything on the hairdressers page so maybe she has deleted.

Your application isn't the best so I can see where they are coming from but slating you on Facebook isn't fair.

I personally would ask her to come see you so you can have a look and discuss refund. Take it from there.

I would be keeping that screen shot and be contacting the police.

She has deleted the post from her own page. I have been screenshotting all posts.

I offered to rectify but she just wanted to demand a refund and a refund only nothing else would do.

Xx

I have looked at her on facebook as her name is on the pic and she is offering hair extensions so it looks like someone is trying to put you down as she is worried about losing business. Next time try and not put them so close and do a little bigger sections xx

I have looked at her on facebook as her name is on the pic and she is offering hair extensions so it looks like someone is trying to put you down as she is worried about losing business. Next time try and not put them so close and do a little bigger sections xx

I think thats her problem! Maybe she does my clients colour or whatever and is annoyed the extensions werent fitted by her. Who knows?

Its just the slander and threats over facebook getting to me! :(:(

I like that she's said she will keep "slandering" you. She's basically admitting that she's doing it to crush you as competition. Tell the police.

I like that she's said she will keep "slandering" you. She's basically admitting that she's doing it to crush you as competition. Tell the police.

What would police do? :confused:
Thanks.

In the case of this Ashlee girl I would firstly report her to fb for abuse, and that you would like all her slandering removed as it's actually bullying IMO. It should be the client complaining not other hairdresser, she is acting vile if you ask me.

I would then write up a little status explaining how you've come across this upsetting incident with your client, how despite your constant efforts she is uncompromising and not giving you a chance to rectify. Explain your procedures on 'complaints'. Also including a little write up about how you aim to give 100% satisfaction, and how you are willing answer absolutely any queries on aftercare and maintenance etc. make sure you keep it completely professional, not directly naming people, or bitching. This is your chance to rise above it, take it as a learning curve and don't let it knock you down! Hold your head up and move forward, don't get dragged down.

It would come under slander or cyber bullying

I admit that curiosity got the better of me and I looked at her page. She is a piece of work isn't she? Has it all been deleted? It did look like it was turning into a bit of a bun fight, very unprofessional but understandable that for someone newly qualified this kind of attack is upsetting.

The alarm bells would have been ringing for me when she disclosed that she had refused to pay for her colour. Hopefully it will blow over, but not if people keep stoking the fire and probably not if she sees this thread either. Oh and the Old Bill just love spending their time on Facebook spats, good luck with that one! Expect to be asked what you have done as an adult to address the situation e.g. blocking etc.

I did think police was a bit too much. I have blocked her, and I am in the process of reporting the posts that i am able to see as slander/cyber-bullying to Facebook! I will also be usong the suggestion to put a post up on my own Facebook to ensure that everyone knows that i am completely professional and will rectify problem if given the chance.

I just want it all to be over tbh, im just dreading her removing them and causing damage and then coming back to me once again. :(:(

You've offered to remove them and she has declined as I understand it, so leave her be and move on from it. I would take the advice of the hair geeks who have given you constructive criticism and reflect on how you might perform the service differently in the future.

You've offered to remove them and she has declined as I understand it, so leave her be and move on from it. I would take the advice of the hair geeks who have given you constructive criticism and reflect on how you might perform the service differently in the future.

I am just going to leave it! I have offered numerous times that i will remove and refund the cost of fitting. I wont be forcing her to come to me. I will definitely take all opinions everyone has gave me on this post. The client was happy until another hairdresser jumped in and thought she could gain a client.
Xx

Latest posts

Back