Client wants refund on hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had exactly the same when i first started...fit the hair she was all happy..few days later started complaining so i said i'd come and see what i could do about them and she said she didnt have time she just wanted a refund to get them redone. I said that i would have a look and fix them where need be and that a full refund wasnt possible as the hair is non refundable. she kicked off and threatened to post stuff on facebook about me, glad i stood my ground though as there was never a problem and pretty sure she didnt get them removed by anyone else! some people just love to try it on xx

Aimee you need to step back, do not converse with the other hairdresser, she has no connection to you, she cannot bring any action against you, she is not your client. Do not respond to her anymore. Keep her messages for if you wish to reply officially in a few days.

I assume it was a test case fitting, ie. Reduced rate for experience on first few fittings? If this was the case & made clear i do think its a horrible situation to be in, being an obvious test case. If so this is in your favour as are the offers to fix.

If your fitting is removed within a couple of days what is the liklihood of any damages to be caused by your fitting? (That cant be counter argued as removal complications) ;)

By all means seethe and plenty of us will hold your hand but stop all correspondence with them now x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have stopped responding! I think i need to just leave her, the client hasnt even contacted me further. I think i will just take this as a learning curve and realise that not all clients are as rosy.

I just worry that she may not be a professional, so her removal will not be professional. Not that i believe for a second they will be removed.

Xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

i had exactly the same when i first started...fit the hair she was all happy..few days later started complaining so i said i'd come and see what i could do about them and she said she didnt have time she just wanted a refund to get them redone. I said that i would have a look and fix them where need be and that a full refund wasnt possible as the hair is non refundable. she kicked off and threatened to post stuff on facebook about me, glad i stood my ground though as there was never a problem and pretty sure she didnt get them removed by anyone else! some people just love to try it on xx

I know,cheek of them though to try it on! Not like were trying to make a living, xx

I don't agree that you (or your friends) have entered into an unprofessional argument on Facebook with the hairdresser. It really only adds fuel to the fire, let her embarrass herself and look bitchy don't lower yourself. Delete your comments and probably this post.

I have just read some more messages on Facebook, they are asking others to try and find out which salon you work in so they can come and see you. :(

Sent from my U8815 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes the hairdrrsser one messaged me these on facebook! I really cant believe how they are getting on, where did you see the posts on facebook? I cant see where its been posted on her screenshots! Xx

The lady who had the hair extensions is offering people £100 if they know and tell her where you work

The hairdresser has posted screenshots on her private and business page

The lady who had the hair extensions is offering people £100 if they know and tell her where you work

The hairdresser has posted screenshots on her private and business page

I have seen both of these! I am considering contacting police first thing in the morning regarding harrasment and intimidation. I dont deserve this, I am a bigger person than the both of them, and wont be treated like this after trying everything on my part to rectify the problem.

I couldn't help myself I had a snoop. She's claiming other hairdressers work is her own. I think she's probably thinking she's got a good thing going so will use scare tactics to bully away all new techs so people don't see any competition.

I feel for you I hate competing for custom in extensions it's brutal. Just remember neither of them or their friends are the sort of clients you want to attract. Now that you've done your run in with them you can concentrate your efforts elsewhere. Onwards and upwards and all that. :)

I highly doubt anyone will do anything to follow you up or track you down. It's just typical chavvy bullying tactics hoping you'll cave and pay her off.

I'm not in hair extensions, but you should go to the police. (I won't go into what I've been through, but I've had a cyber stalker for over TEN years. Not in the hair industry.) Many police outlets now have cyber crime divisions.

Reading what's going on is sad and disgusting. Be the bigger person and do not respond. Keep all screen shots and do not respond.

I'm wondering now if it was a set up to begin with. Sorry you have to go through this.

I couldn't help myself I had a snoop. She's claiming other hairdressers work is her own. I think she's probably thinking she's got a good thing going so will use scare tactics to bully away all new techs so people don't see any competition.

I feel for you I hate competing for custom in extensions it's brutal. Just remember neither of them or their friends are the sort of clients you want to attract. Now that you've done your run in with them you can concentrate your efforts elsewhere. Onwards and upwards and all that. :)

I knew it! I snooped at her website and there was a photo posted on it and i was convinced i seen it elsewhere!! I had seen it on the salons direct Facebook page!! Knew all her work wasnt her own.

I sent the client a last message saying 'look i offered to refund £60 if i removed the extensions myself. If you felt at anytime there was a problem you should have contacted me first which you didnt. I have now seen that you are offering a reward for finding out where i work, i have had no other choice but to go to trading standards myself and if needs be the PSNI for intimidation and harrassment'.

I will be ignoring any message that comes through to me now, as they are just absolutely hateful!!

I'm not in hair extensions, but you should go to the police. (I won't go into what I've been through, but I've had a cyber stalker for over TEN years. Not in the hair industry.) Many police outlets now have cyber crime divisions.

Reading what's going on is sad and disgusting. Be the bigger person and do not respond. Keep all screen shots and do not respond.

I'm wondering now if it was a set up to begin with. Sorry you have to go through this.

Yes it does seem ever so suspicious! They are friends on facebook, personal acount not just through her business page. The client has said how FAB this other hairdresser is. (Despite them only coming across eachother this morning) convenient timing!!

Aimee whereabouts are you? Did you see the client in Bangor as in one of her posts she says she is there all week? I'm confused seeing as she and the other hairdresser are both from Belfast, if she is in Bangor how did the other hairdresser manage to see her hair in Belfast :confused:

Edited to add I didn't know there was a Bangor in Ireland I only know of the one in Wales, no wonder I was confused. sorry! xxx

Aimee whereabouts are you? Did you see the client in Bangor as in one of her posts she says she is there all week? I'm confused seeing as she and the other hairdresser are both from Belfast, if she is in Bangor how did the other hairdresser manage to see her hair in Belfast :confused:

The client lives in belfast, i went to her for fitting and consultation. The other hairdresser works from home i think.

How are things, OP?

How are things, OP?

Horrendous! She just appeared in my workplace, nothing to do with the salon i work in. Demanding her money back, wont leave. I said this was outside of the salon, you can come to my home and we can remove and refund there! Shes not having any of it!

She will be taking for harrassment! Threatening with solicitors and all sorts!! Such a piece of work! Xx

I don't do hair. But I can't believe people can be this pathetic and poisonous.. What a bully. Hope your sort it out. And good for you for standing your ground, but I would be careful if they are running a scam and used to getting their money back that might be why they are trying to find out where your working. I would definitely inform the police of that message... Chances are they have done this to a lot of people.

While she's there why don't you offer to check the bonds lol if there is an issue you'll be able to see it for yourself.

Latest posts

Back