Client wants refund on hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The client or the hairdresser came to your work? Thought the client was away all week ?

Something's don't add up I'm so confused :/

While she's there why don't you offer to check the bonds lol if there is an issue you'll be able to see it for yourself.

She lifted her hair up an said theres none round my hairline and i was like well yes because you would see them! Then said they were uncomfortable to which i explained that they will be uncomfortable while her scalp is adjusting to the extra weight! She refused let me remove them.

Shes got her money back, shes git a lovely full head of extensions! And im out of pocket!great!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

The client came to my work! She lives in belfast and i live in bangor, which is why she made the point of ill be in Bangor all week, to look for me. Maybe thats why you thought she was away :what:

The client came to my work! She lives in belfast and i live in bangor, which is why she made the point of ill be in Bangor all week, to look for me. Maybe thats why you thought she was away :what:

That girl sounds like a piece of work! I'm in Belfast! Hope she never comes to me for a treatment!

Ah ok I thought you were in Belfast too.

Just delete it all from your mind, learn some lessons and get on with your life. Xx

I hope that noone ever has to do her hair!! Such a piece of work, and now my salon job could be in trouble! Cause shes thought it acceptable to make a scene with a salon that wasnt even involved with the treatment!!:eek:

She lifted her hair up an said theres none round my hairline and i was like well yes because you would see them! Then said they were uncomfortable to which i explained that they will be uncomfortable while her scalp is adjusting to the extra weight! She refused let me remove them.

Shes got her money back, shes git a lovely full head of extensions! And im out of pocket!great!!

Did other geeks not say the fitting was to close to the scalp ??
I'm sorry this has happened and I feel so bad it's right at the beginning of the start of your business
All I done for the first year was practise and do models. That helps to build confidence and plenty of research.

ok! stop panicing! its done now. lesson learnt. we all have had them at one point, you'll know what to do in the future if this arises again. on another note salon scene- perfusely apologize to staff and clients. Reassure your boss that this wont happen again. good luck xoxo

Did other geeks not say the fitting was to close to the scalp ??
I'm sorry this has happened and I feel so bad it's right at the beginning of the start of your business
All I done for the first year was practise and do models. That helps to build confidence and plenty of research.

Some geeks had said that it looked too tight, however when i sent the photos to the company i trained with they said they application was fine they seen no problems.

But she just point blank refused to have me to do anything to rectify it was all or nothing.

I have been so put off!:-(

Some geeks had said that it looked too tight, however when i sent the photos to the company i trained with they said they application was fine they seen no problems.

But she just point blank refused to have me to do anything to rectify it was all or nothing.

I have been so put off!:-(

Don't be we all start somewhere. I had a girl who kept loosing micro rings who was my 2nd ever client .. Thankfully she was really nice and said it's ok, she didn't mind as it turned our she did. lot of exercise sweat cause them to slip.some people wouldn't be so nice. But I'd listen to those 'some geeks' as there are some very experienced people on here that can help and if they say they look to close they probably were Hun.
It sucks but we all learn from are mistakes .. It's all a learning curve

Don't be we all start somewhere. I had a girl who kept loosing micro rings who was my 2nd ever client .. Thankfully she was really nice and said it's ok, she didn't mind as it turned our she did. lot of exercise sweat cause them to slip.some people wouldn't be so nice. But I'd listen to those 'some geeks' as there are some very experienced people on here that can help and if they say they look to close they probably were Hun.
It sucks but we all learn from are mistakes .. It's all a learning curve

Thanks! You have all been so helpful, i will be taking all advice everyone has gave me, :):)

Im just glad shes gone tbh.

This is just mind-boggling! I feel really sorry that you had to go thru all this. It's a shame you refunded her, there was nothing she could have legally done to get her money back just because she felt she was owed free hair extensions.
Even if the extensions were placed too close to the scalp that doesn't give a client the right to harass, intimidate and threaten the service provider, these things can be resolved in a civil way without resorting to such scare tactics, I assumed we were humans but turns out some of us haven't gotten past the evolutionary stage of a wild buffalo. Since she didn't want to have them removed but wanted to keep them it clearly indicates she found nothing wrong with them.
In future never refund anyone, you're not obliged to do so. :hug:

Ok, I admit I couldn't help myself and did some digging on facebook. Honestly, I think you should sue. That's what libel laws are in place for. There is more than enough there for a juicy case, take screenshots of everything and let them get their uteri in a twist in a courtroom.
It looks like these women have worked themselves up into such a frenzy over nothing that they have completely lost the ability to think.
There is aboslutely nothing wrong with the extensions, so yes they might've been a little close to the scalp (but I'm sure that had they been further away the woman would have accused you of curtailing the longevity of the extensions), yes they were not perfect (whose are?), but you're still learning, you were open about that and you didn't charge her much. To say that you 'wrecked' her hair is preposterous, there's no damage there!
The whole thing is sickening, starting with the vulgar expletives and ending with the sycophantic 'loves'. What is wrong with people? :eek:

I think to prevent this happening again. Firstly always self critic- could you have done something wrong - how can it be resolved. You've mentioned several times you thought she was after a free do- maybe you were actually at fault.

Secondly don't offer anything over over the phone. As you wouldn't refund her she has now hunted you down and cause a scene because she hadn't got her way.

Keep it professional- don't slag off other hairdresser in their pyjamas it just adds fuel to the fire.

You haven't handled it correctly therefore resulting in a full refund.

It's easy for us to sit behind our screens, dishing out good advice. A lot of us have the benefit of years of experience.
To the OP, learn from this episode, but try not to dwell on it. It won't ruin your career, and as long as you don't fuel any fires, will be forgotten about soon.
Sending a cyber-hug
Now let it go.

I think to prevent this happening again. Firstly always self critic- could you have done something wrong - how can it be resolved. You've mentioned several times you thought she was after a free do- maybe you were actually at fault.

Secondly don't offer anything over over the phone. As you wouldn't refund her she has now hunted you down and cause a scene because she hadn't got her way.

Keep it professional- don't slag off other hairdresser in their pyjamas it just adds fuel to the fire.

You haven't handled it correctly therefore resulting in a full refund.

Being critical of one's work is definitely always good, but in this case the OP only recently qualified and is therefore still on a learning curve. Tbh I have seen (and worn!) far worse extensions done by 'experienced' people. At the end of the day this is a risk you are willing to take as a client.

I don't see how OP did anything wrong, this woman most definitely WAS after a free service!

Next time

a) Never say you only just qualified since this makes you a target for scammers. Everyone says they're 'experienced', therefore you should do the same.

b) Never offer refunds. Ever. Or at least not without seeing the person first in order to assess the problem.

c) Don't let anyone intimidate you with Trading Standards, lawyers and similar crap. TS have enough to deal with and won't heed the mooing of some enraged bovine. And no lawyer would go there, you can quote me on that!

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back