Client wants refund on hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimeelouise93

Reaction score
Hi! Soni fitted a client yesterday who had 200 bonds put in. She messaged me last night to say she loved her but felt she wanted a few more round the front. Thats fine.

She then messaged this morning to say she went to her hairdresser who has told her my application is wrong! I applied them as i was shown. With bonds i am always extra cautious of sectioning because you cant just reposition like a micro ring. This hairdresser has said they will cause traction alopecia, she needs them removed and a full refund by the end of the day, if not she will be going to trading standards and putting the photos up that she took of my work to put over fb?

Im so angry and upset! I feel this girl is just taking advantage and is she trying to chance her arm into a refund! During consultation and when we are filling out form of contraindications and taking deposit it states her deposit was non-refundable? I said id refund cost of fitting which was £80. I have only started doing extensions and i am newly qualified. Nobody else i have fitted had had any problems?

I just dont understand how she wss happy last night and is now stating they need removed and refunded this morning? They havent even been in for 24 hours!!

:mad::mad:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe they are too close to the scalp, and are hurting? Did you trim them in yourself or send her to a hairdresser?
Was there another reason why she went to the hairdresser?
I've had clients in before to cut, and the ext have been so tight and painful that the hair can't be touched. The only thing that can be done is to get them out quickly before they cause issues.

No i check that the bonds can be rotated to ensure they arent too tight.

No i trimmed them, so i cant understand why she would have went to a hairdresser, because on colour match she said she just had her colour done? So she wont have needed it coloured again. I offered to remove and refund the cost of my fitting. But she just said she wants a full refund?

So is gonna to get a full refund of me and then keep them in? Or just get a full refund of me and have them removed by someone who could cause further damage?

These are the photos she sent me that the other hairdresser took?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't do extensions but two things-

NEVER offer advice or refund until client has returned to you. You've offered money now which is like admitting fault.

Secondly, is her hairdresser qualified in extensions? If so why not use her? Those pics are taken in a house. Was her mobile hairdresser just casually popping round on a Monday morning or are we really talking about a friend here.

I'm not qualified in extensions, my advice to this client if it was mine is alway - if you have concerns go back to the person in questions. If you can't then go to another extensionists to rectify ( and don't bother with the first).

If you need a second opinion ask someone else you know to have a look.

Agree with Colourgirly on how to handle it
However
Those ext look way too close to me, and are probably quite painful.
Has the client say why she wants a refund other than someone else told her to ask? Has she said why she no longer wants them?
I think you need to see her and ask those questions before you go any further with this.

I don't do extensions but two things-

NEVER offer advice or refund until client has returned to you. You've offered money now which is like admitting fault.

Secondly, is her hairdresser qualified in extensions? If so why not use her? Those pics are taken in a house. Was her mobile hairdresser just casually popping round on a Monday morning or are we really talking about a friend here.

I'm not qualified in extensions, my advice to this client if it was mine is alway - if you have concerns go back to the person in questions. If you can't then go to another extensionists to rectify ( and don't bother with the first).

If you need a second opinion ask someone else you know to have a look.

The girl she went to says she qualified in Balmain and great lengths! Yet is advertising a full head of bonds for £100. Which cant be right. The girl is mobile and does nails and hair from home, the photos are not taken in the clients house. She has gone to her hairdressers house.

I offered to remove and refund her fitting as i dont want my name to be dragged through the muck. I can see what you mean though by admitting fault. I just find it odd that first thing monday morning the day after i fitted them, shes had them checked? I know if she just came to me and i said i think theres a problem id be more than happy to rectify. But she stated she was happy, then 12 hours shes had them checked elsewhere without coming to me and has all guns blazing about a refund and she will be warning everyone not to go to me!

Maybe they aren't right? Maybe you are at fault?

We don't get it right 100% of the time- you look like you have admitted you've got it wrong.

Ask her to come and see you to discuss further, although she now will probably say she just wants the refund you've already offered.

I had a similar situation a fews years ago with a stylist , a client wanted £300 to replace burnt extensions, no one saw any fault in the salon, overnight 'another hairdresser' fixed the whole lot, wouldn't come in - was taking us to court, wouldn't send pics etc. All I kept say was 'I can't make any comment until you revisit the salon'. Never heard from her again.

Don't refund a penny until you yourself have removed them.

Chick you have left the lady's name on one of your pics and me being nosey have just looked at her pics, your application isn't great and some of your sections are very thin which will cause tension and your client could end up with hair loss :-/ to be honest if i was your lady I would be asking for a refund too. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear x

Agree with Colourgirly on how to handle it
However
Those ext look way too close to me, and are probably quite painful.
Has the client say why she wants a refund other than someone else told her to ask? Has she said why she no longer wants them?
I think you need to see her and ask those questions before you go any further with this.

No she never said, she just sent me a message saying she had just been to her hairdresser who said shes gonna have traction alopecia. And she would like a full refund. Point blank, she wasnt willing for any suggestions.

She never said they were uncomfortable when she messaged. I asked her halfway through fitting if her head was okay, if she felt any tenderness and she was like no it feels fine it feels comfortable. She had them in before by another extensionist, i could understand if it was her first time and she wasnt sure how they would feel etc.

They are now both sharing this post all over facebook saying im unqualified and wont give her a refund, do not go to her! Ill not be able to make her happy regardless!!

No she never said, she just sent me a message saying she had just been to her hairdresser who said shes gonna have traction alopecia. And she would like a full refund. Point blank, she wasnt willing for any suggestions.

She never said they were uncomfortable when she messaged. I asked her halfway through fitting if her head was okay, if she felt any tenderness and she was like no it feels fine it feels comfortable. She had them in before by another extensionist, i could understand if it was her first time and she wasnt sure how they would feel etc.

They are now both sharing this post all over facebook saying im unqualified and wont give her a refund, do not go to her! Ill not be able to make her happy regardless!!

In which case, don't refund her, and put her on ignore.
The silly woman has done the damage you would have refunded to avoid, so stuff her.
One person won't kill your business. It probably feels that way right now, but it won't.

Or is that the hairdresser?

Take screen shots of it all before you put them on ignore, just in case.

Give me money or I'll slander you without giving you an option for recourse is called extortion and blackmail.

I HATE hairdressers that do it- keep you nose out of other businesses. If you were that great why didn't she go to you for extensions???

She's ruining her own business with crap like that, I would go to her just because she now comes across as a bitchy cow.

The hairdresser she went to see is whose name is at the bottom of the photo. My mum told me to tell her to go trading standards i have my certificate and i provided a service that she messaged to say she was happy woth last night!

So then once i said that she just threatened to put me down over facebook. Mum told me to block them as all i will probably recieve is abusive messages all day. So i have them blocked. Probably not very professional, but i do think shes just wanting a refund and have a full head extensions for nothing!!

I text her to confirm her appt so she has my number if shes really concerned, she can text me. Rather than publicising it on facebook.

I HATE hairdressers that do it- keep you nose out of other businesses. If you were that great why didn't she go to you for extensions???

She's ruining her own business with crap like that, I would go to her just because she now comes across as a bitchy cow.

Hat hairdressers like me? Or the hairdresser that checked over them and had then posted it all over facebook.
:confused::confused::confused:

Hat hairdressers like me? Or the hairdresser that checked over them and had then posted it all over facebook.
:confused::confused::confused:

No like her lol.

Have you got insurance?

I had all this from a 'friend' about a month ago and i made the mistake of offering her part refund (even tho we done trade for trade) just because i didnt want her to carry on slatting me all over facebook.. even tho it worked and she stopped, i will say i wish i hadn't bothered..

If she is that bothered she will come to you to get them removed ect, untill then i wouldn't offer her anything xx

Latest posts

Back