Client with lifted nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denmark

Reaction score
Hallo

I had a new client last week, on who i had made pink & white l&p on, when we did her nails she said that the only nail system that she hasn´t thied yet was l&p because all other system after a week the would start to lift very much, it is now a week since i made the nails on her and she call me tonight telling that they had lifted very much already, i don´t normaly have lifting problems, so since she is having trouble wearing nail extensions, what can i do now??

I use CND only Retention+ and perfect powder, should i way be change to another liquid or powder ore maybe give her a PREP buster and then try to apply the product on her???

Any good surgestions???

Charlotte

Scrubfresh sandwich hun when doing your prep,
really good scrub with scrubfresh then apply nailfresh then scrubfresh again,
if she does have really bad lifting, do one nail at a time, scrubfresh sandwich then apply product then same again on next nail hth

If she get's lifting after a week with everything she's ever tried - I would guess the problem is her - not the tech. I'd say she's prob way too harsh on her nails. I'd question her about her lifestyle and how she treats her nails. What work does she do? What are her hobbies, other activities - sports etc.

whats her background hun? is she on drugs? this will make the nailbed more oily - so promoting the lifing

She works in the military her in Denmark, but she is not in combat :) deskwork mostly, and i didn´t extend her nails, just did a reinforcement of her one nails so they are very short also, but i will try the Buster PREP and try to ask her if she is taking any medicin.. any special medicin that would cause this ???

I got a friend recently like this. I tried several products on her and they all lift after a week or so. It's now month passed and she was already 4 times here :(. Called me again saying 3 lift. I am now thinking how to tell her it's not working out. I'm spending too much material on her now. I never had anyone lift that much. I get an occasional lift here and there, but this is beyond funny now. I've done 20 of her nails in 30 days. Funny, 2 fingers didn't lift at all in this period. All other did.

I'm also curious as to what medication could cause this.

Hi.

All kinds of medication can cose lifting. Anti depressions, antibiotics...

bubbles

Mainly HRT hormone replacement therapy, fertility treatments, cancer treatments all of these will change the nail bed and can cause lifting.

Mainly HRT hormone replacement therapy, fertility treatments, cancer treatments all of these will change the nail bed and can cause lifting.

I've heard of this before but I dont fully understand it. Does anyone know the science behind it? ie - exactly why do these circumstances cause the nail plate to change?:)

I think you can compare it with your hair. When women got there period there hair is dry or very greasy. It hase all to do with hormoons. The nail is getting more greasy. Medicine hase a reaction on our body and through our hair and nails we can see what the problems are. In some cases we cant find a couse. Then its just the way our body reacts.

bubbles

Some people just can't wear nail enhancements of any type ... their body chemistry is such that their nails cannot tolerate it. Period ... end of ... stop trying to solve it ... just get over it.

If a client had come to me telling me that all nails she has ever had done had lifted off then I would have done 1 test nail on her to see if I could do any better .. not a whole full set!

Just for the record, neither hormone ups and downs (menopause etc) nor most medications will have any effect on Retention+ adhesion.

R+ bonds to keratin, whether or not one is hormonal or on medication; just one of the many benefits of using CND Retention+.

You might have problems in these areas with a lower grade product, but not with CND.

hi i have to tell you i can't wear extentions for the same reason as your client !! every product i have used lifts except for the american nails , i don't know what they use but it doesn't budge even had trouble soaking them off with acetone!!
so it may not be her lifestyle maybe the oil content of her skin ??? i look after my hands as im a beauty therapist and im gutted i can't wear them !!:cry:

Some people just can't wear nail enhancements of any type ... their body chemistry is such that their nails cannot tolerate it. Period ... end of ... stop trying to solve it ... just get over it.

If a client had come to me telling me that all nails she has ever had done had lifted off then I would have done 1 test nail on her to see if I could do any better .. not a whole full set!

Just for the record, neither hormone ups and downs (menopause etc) nor most medications will have any effect on Retention+ adhesion.

R+ bonds to keratin, whether or not one is hormonal or on medication; just one of the many benefits of using CND Retention+.

You might have problems in these areas with a lower grade product, but not with CND.

I have just had a telephone call from one of my regulars and she's told me she only has 3 nails left on. I did her nails 2 weeks ago and she was due in for a rebalance this thursday. She is going into hospital for an operation as they have found a lump in her mouth.

Now, we have never had any problems with her nails before. I do NNo on her.
I can't help wondering why has this suddenly changed if it's not medication.
I only use CND Retnetion.

I have just had a telephone call from one of my regulars and she's told me she only has 3 nails left on. I did her nails 2 weeks ago and she was due in for a rebalance this thursday. She is going into hospital for an operation as they have found a lump in her mouth.

Now, we have never had any problems with her nails before. I do NNo on her.
I can't help wondering why has this suddenly changed if it's not medication.
I only use CND Retnetion.

It IS most likely is medication or her poor stateof health. In my above posts I said MOST medications but heavy duty meds such as for heart disease and cancer can have an affect as can ones general state of health.

Well, the information from her, that she had tried all nail systems came right before i was finished, and becourse there are so many bad nail tech her in the country, i would give it a try, she came back i removed it all and did a new set on her, this time useing a prep buser and the Radical liquid, but they just peal off her, it is clear to see that it is´nt because she have ´done anything to them, they simpley totaly lifted off the nail plate..

So i give up now, and she was so sad about it, so now we do a french manicure with polish, to get a little of the look :)

Thank you for all your input..

Latest posts

Back