Clients and their pushiness!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clownyclaire

Reaction score
arghhh had a client who i done a fullset of acrylics in way back july.... she left it til sept and wanted another set (no infils inbetween) i told her i was going away the week after so had to be done the week before i was going away to which she agreed..

anyway i done them whilst away she text to say one has split!! (as i was abroad i left phone at home) so came home to a text to which i went around there to see that by this time she had pulled another 2 off (one hand all intact ) she showed me where it split.. ( this bearing in mind was nearly 3 weeks on from when she had the set first applied) i said that if she was coming for infils i will apply the broken one free of charge (and the ones she agreed she pulled off) she never took the offer of fixing the broken nails... and now 3 AND A BIT MONTHS LATER wanting another set WITH DISCOUNT!!!! :eek: ive said that she can have £5 off meaning she would have to pay £20 and she said she was hoping more of £15.... anywya in the long run i said i have a buisness to run and if your not happy with them in the first place maybe you should of gone to the local shops.. she then started to become the nail tech and say it was the way they were filed... omg wot can i do... i use nsi and have been a nail tech for nearly 6 years- ( 3 of which ive braved the outside world) and this is the first time EVER ive had someone come back complaining and wanting discount..... ive had the odd one come off due to getting course of car door accident but only a very small amount over the years (8 seperate nails id say so- usually on the same people)so dont think it has anything to do with prep as it was a snap aparently along the free edge...

sorry if this isnt in the right place just my bloods boiling slightly....AND BREEEEATHEEE

Shes just trying it on. I think it was very nice of you to offer the discount in the first place. I'd leave her to it personally.

Kate

I think you acted very professionally. I think we as a rule r too eager to please and will most of the time bend over backwards for our greatful clients. This not been one of them. You did the right thing x

I agree that you've handled the situation well. You've told her what you are willing to discount so it's now up to her to take you up on the offer or not.

She doesn't sound like a very loyal client and obviously only wants them done for special occasions. I would just leave her to it, she's not the type of client you want!

Thanks geeks!! U are right she's not a loyal customer but lives the end of my road and because she was recommended I don't want my services being bad mouthed since I've such a good name around my area for nails and tans but then I suppose if it so good I suppose 1 person isn't going to dent it too much ! I hope!! Just felt I was hitting a brick wall with her arghhhh some clients ay... Who has em' lol thanks x

There is always a pattern with the Clients who want discounts. They are usually the ones who don't take any responsibility for their nails, don't have regular maintenance appointments but want short notice appointments etc.

These are not the people you should bend over backwards for you, they will not respect you more for giving in and they will not sing your praises for it.

The last time I had a similar 'difficult' client ring and ask for a discount I simply asked her why? That stumped her. Then she started on about her nails having broken etc. that was quite easy to answer as she had tried to leave it 5 weeks until her next appointment and then cancelled as most of them had apparently broken.

Always be polite but you don't always have to be on the back foot.

I've seen a lot of threads on this site lately about clients in the UK trying to negotiate how much they'll pay for YOUR service. I can't believe this! Seriously, what the h*ll?!!!

In the US, the price that's listed is the price you pay. There's no negotiation. If my menu price says $50 for a full set, honey, that's what you're paying.

You don't like it then you can keep it movin', sister. I'm not negotiating a God D*mn thing!

I've seen a lot of threads on this site lately about clients in the UK trying to negotiate how much they'll pay for YOUR service. I can't believe this! Seriously, what the h*ll?!!!

In the US, the price that's listed is the price you pay. There's no negotiation. If my menu price says $50 for a full set, honey, that's what you're paying.

You don't like it then you can keep it movin', sister. I'm not negotiating a God D*mn thing!

LOVE IT!!!! :wink2:

So very true!

I have never offered a discount and people ask, and tell me someone else does them cheaper and i just say well go to them sounds great! They never do!

I once gave 20% off as i had a car accident and never turned up to an apt and i felt so bad about it, the client insisted otherwise and gave me a £10 tip :)

Def no discounts from me. I think by discounting you are saying the discounted price is what you are worth so you normally overcharge !

Louboutins dont suddenly go on sale for £100 do they? No, because they are worth way more than that! And the people who want to be seen in louboutins will pay the price. People who want nice nails will pay to have nice nails.

Keep your chin up and say you dont discount, if she goes elsewhere thats fine :) X

I'm just blown away that it seems to be a growing trend over there that clients seem to feel entitled to negotiate with YOU how much they're going to pay.

I always say, keep a handful of business cards of the sorriest, most horrid nail tech you know. When one of these types of clients sits in your chair and wants to negotiate, hand her this sorry tech's business card and tell the client you believe this tech is better suited for her needs.

When she gets a nasty staph infection, she may not feel so inclined to negotiate.

I'm just blown away that it seems to be a growing trend over there that clients seem to feel entitled to negotiate with YOU how much they're going to pay.

I always say, keep a handful of business cards of the sorriest, most horrid nail tech you know. When one of these types of clients sits in your chair and wants to negotiate, hand her this sorry tech's business card and tell the client you believe this tech is better suited for her needs.

When she gets a nasty staph infection, she may not feel so inclined to negotiate.

I would do that BUT it's a nasty NSS nail bar and they are so cheap that they don't have cards LOL

My prices are my prices ... I have never discounted in my professional life and I never will. As for anyone trying to negotiate? They can negotiate their way out the door.

I have had it before, a girl messaged me asking how much 3 sets were 2 with zebra print and 1 without.

I told her £75 and I got back err don't think so I can get them done for £10.

My response- sorry I cannot charge £10 for a set of enhancements for you as my time,products and skill cost more than £10.

Then she put a crappy status on Facebook stating that every technician is charging stupid amounts especially when we are mobile.LOL

I told her my cost is Average to what every other salon in my city.Just because I'm mobile doesn't devalue my service any less!!!

Safe to say she didnt get her nails done :) clients always try and push and push.They expect something for nothing especially with beauty.

X x

I find all your clients astonishing. We publish our prices and charge what we charge.
We have ONE offer every season on ONE hair, and ONE beauty treatment.
I cant ring up Sweet Squared or Dermalogica and say I want it cheaper! The price is the price.
If people cant afford something then they should go without.

I find all your clients astonishing. We publish our prices and charge what we charge.
We have ONE offer every season on ONE hair, and ONE beauty treatment.
I cant ring up Sweet Squared or Dermalogica and say I want it cheaper! The price is the price.
If people cant afford something then they should go without.

Well ... They can go without ME anyway! :biggrin:

Clients may try it on, but they only DO things and take the mickey if YOU let them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back