Client's funny sayings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a new client in last week, she had areally fine bob, aparently as soon as she steps outside her hair is a riot, so i told her not to go outside lol we did have a laugh about it, what am i meant to do?? Change the weather conditions??
Also a clients sister sometimes gets her hair done with me, she asks for "a fringe but not a fringe with no sides and a bob at the back! Me and my client couldnt stop laughing, she hasnt ever lived it down , dont think shes very good at descibing what she wants lol

I had a lady who after 9 weeks rang me to tell me her red had faded ! I had to smile, I thought if it's lasted 9 weeks it's done pretty good !

Oh oh I love it aswell when husbands/boyfriends who are bald, make jokes about what we could do to their hair !!!! Every bald man ever to enter a salon says " eee what could you do with this pet " ha ha ha

Oh man !! I actually hate that! Happened to me today!!! Its Soooooo not funny anymore!!

Oh man !! I actually hate that! Happened to me today!!! Its Soooooo not funny anymore!!

When was it ever funny? Or saying Ohh can I have a perm!! Few extensions as well? Actually I'd quite like to stick em right to your scalp and see a grown man cry ;) x

a client of mine always used to ask me to 'whisper' her fringe. I knew she couldn't of meant say 'fringe' really quietly... turns out she wanted it feathered!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would like to one day give the client exactly what she asks for, 3 layers? SURE and cut 3 steps into her hair. A fringe but not a full fringe? ABSOLUTELY, shave have it off. Short but long? OF COURSE! you did mean an undercut right? Blonde but black? lets lighten to Marilyn blonde and tone with a deep black, dont worry it will wash out.

I hate it when a dark haired client comes in for blonde foils and says 'I'm actually a natural platinum blonde but I dyed my hair brown one time and now it keeps growing back brown.' I hear this one fairly often too and just want to :grr:

I had one this weekend. Young girl who had had a bad experience at another salon was brought into me for advice/ correction. Mother was a bloody nightmare (bad coloour wasnt done by my salon), and I ended up asking her to go and sit down as she insisted on barging me out of the way and not letting me see/ touch the girls hair!
Girl had been bleached white previous and wanted it darker. It was a vile minky grey colour. She was STILL saying it was ginger!!! She wanted it darker white with no warmth???????

Tested the hair and told her it shrivelled up. Can spot a no win situation at 50 paces.

:D posting a link as soon as my laptop charges.

-1&#39; | Xtranormal <--- Funniest thing I've ever seen.

this is hillarious!!! there are all sorts of animations like this, when i worked in orthopedics in the nhs there was a great one about surgeons :p

Clients asking if the price for an eyebrow wax includes both eyebrows, same with legs:D
Clients asking if an eyelash perm will make the lashes curly like the hair on the head after a perm!
Calling OPI ' Opeeee', real bug bearer of mine.

An eyelash perm, ooh, what do you have little rollers haha

Yep!

I hate it when a dark haired client comes in for blonde foils and says 'I'm actually a natural platinum blonde but I dyed my hair brown one time and now it keeps growing back brown.' I hear this one fairly often too and just want to :grr:

No way!!! Some people must really think we are thick! Xx

one of my collegues has been cutting this gents hair for 20+ years, every time he comes in he says EXACTLY the same thing.....'grade 2 back and sides, squared at the back with corners, normal scissors on top' Ive even recorded it for our own entertainment!!!!

I had I lady with affro hair and wanted in like Jennifer Anniston haha

this a bug bear of mine.. client in for blowdry...
client says can you just trim my fringe.....yes thats fine i say, ....oh can you nip a bit off sides, yes..
just still charge just for blowdry to be nice.
following week this back is too long can you nip abit off and layer it in.
do they think i've fallen out of the sky talk about taking advantage..:sad:

a client of mine always used to ask me to 'whisper' her fringe. I knew she couldn't of meant say 'fringe' really quietly... turns out she wanted it feathered!!:rolleyes:

love this one, i was crying with laughter, made my dayxx:D

one of my collegues has been cutting this gents hair for 20+ years, every time he comes in he says EXACTLY the same thing.....'grade 2 back and sides, squared at the back with corners, normal scissors on top' Ive even recorded it for our own entertainment!!!!

Jeez what it this!!

Going off topic a bit here but the mans hair cut just reminded me of something.

We used to have a blind man in every 4 weeks to the same girl. Without thinking every time she would finish the cut pick up the back mirror and say how's that?

Luckily the guy was really nice he used to laugh and say i don't know ask the dog.

Have us all a chuckle every time.

I literally just had this client come in asking for get this....."Clumpy lashes".....WHAT?!
I want "Clumpy lashes" ive had the done before but not here, can i have "clumpy lashes"?.....huh..(lemme think about this)..what do you mean.. you want clumply lashes...removed?! No i want them on! Hehe im trying not to laugh, but she was dead serious! xoxo

A stylist once told me ,where she had worked, a stylist was cutting a gents hair, she noticed he was fiddling alot under the styling gown, after about 10 mins there was alot of hand movement going on. so she shouted, right thats enough i'm not continueing, pulled off his gown,to find the gent was cleaning his glasses... oh dear akward:o

Latest posts

Back