Clumpsy therapist -please advise!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

july

Reaction score
Hi, ladies and gents, I need your advise -yet again!!
I have 2 employed therapists -one ful time and a part time one. I get on with them and they're brilliant therapists but the part time one is v clumsy -she seems always in a hurry. She's been with us for 3 mths now and she's ruined 4 OPI nail polishes by not tightening the lid enough and they leaked in the drawer -they are v thick now and virtually impossibly to use. I have told her numerous times about it, sat her down and discussed and she promissed she'd be more careful.
On Sat she broke another bottle -think it slipped from her oily hand. Hasn't told me about it -I found it in the bin.
I'm getting a bit fed up and personally I think she doesn't care much and I'm at the point where I want her to pay for it. I can't keep up with her.
What are your views? Am I obtuse? Or what else can I do?
Please advise!!
Thanks

July

i think i'd probably weigh it up in terms of profit and loss.

does she make a significant amount of money for you to overlook the fact that she spoiled the polish. are the clients satisfied with her treatments and do they rebook.

its not ideal that there is product wastage in any situation but perhaps it doesnt seem so much when you weigh up what she brings in terms of plus points.

i think if it were something more expensive you would be wise to tell her it will come out of her wages if it happens again. perhaps it would help to prevent it happening if you could work out why she has to hurry,and see if you can come up with a solution. it just depends if she is clumsy naturally or if she is being careless i suppose.

I would make her pay for it...i'm sure she will be a lot more careful then!
I'm not so sure you will know what she has broken though or how you will prove it.
x

I came across a therapist like this once. She just didn't care, thought the salon could afford to keep replacing stuff.
She left after a couple of months to go travelling, so problem solved, but listening to clients revealed that she also had a slipshod, uncaring attitude to her treatments too.

What sort of person shoves an open bottle of nail polish in a drawer? One who doesnt give a toss about your furnishings and stock!

What therapist commences painting nails with oily hands? If they are slimy enough to drop a bottle, they are slimey enough to spoil a manicure.

I would suggest you look carefully at this therapists competancy.

I agree, the very least I would do is give her an official warning and notify her that any further losses will come out of her salary. This should make her more careful and if not, then get rid! ;)

Does the therapist suffer with ADHD?
It seems an awful lot of polishes that she has ruined in such a short amount of time.
Maybe you could get a stand for your polishes then the worst that can happen is the polish will thicken if by accident the lid isn't tightened properly.Then a thinner can be used,in the worst case scenario.Just an idea
Also I would sit her down with a bottle of polish and show her how tight it needs to be done up and that it needs to be kept upright.Explain how much this is costing you and that in future it will be docked out of her wages.
It all seems very odd to me tbh.It's not very therapuetic for the clients to see her rushing around.Maybe it's nerves,is she quite new in the industry?

Latest posts

Back