Cluster lash glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im so gonna have to show u a picture x my sister loves the look...im not a fan but they do last. Xx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I'm not denying they'll look good, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Was just trying to post some advice but I'll bow out of this thread now.

I'm not denying they'll look good, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Was just trying to post some advice but I'll bow out of this thread now.

oh gosh I know that wasnt the point, I was actually making fun of my sister prefering the clusters to be honest. I personally dont think the look is as good as semi perm. Its obviously quicker for me and as I said it does last but I think the effect with individual is far better and better for your natural lash too x

Leni that is fab hun. I will buy some Ardell adhesive black for my cluster lashes. I would be happy to even get a bit longer than 3-5 days out of mine so here's hoping I can get 2 weeks. I was using the salonsystem glue before that came in my training kit. I'll use my semi perm on my express lashes. Great to get lots of feedback on this!:)

Sorry to butt in, I'm not a lash geek, so I'm just trying to get my head around this. Semi perm lashes are supposed to last 6 weeks, so to get them to last that long, you use a stronger glue.
But cluster lashes and express lashes are sold as a weekend or at the most 5 day treatment. They require the same level of skill to apply but use a weaker glue, have I got that right?
So my question is, if it's accepted that this is a short term beauty treatment.
Why are you trying to make it last longer?
If you make them last longer are you not doing yourself out of repeat income?
Or am I completely missing something?:eek:

It isn't always about the look of the lashes but there is a very big chance that it will cause permanent lash loss if you are using cluster lashes with the wrong adhesive for longer than recommended. Bit like over plucking of eyebrows, once they're gone they're gone.

If your sister is anything like mine she will blame you if her lashes eventually disappear altogether! :cry:

It isn't always about the look of the lashes but there is a very big chance that it will cause permanent lash loss if you are using cluster lashes with the wrong adhesive for longer than recommended. Bit like over plucking of eyebrows, once they're gone they're gone.

If your sister is anything like mine she will blame you if her lashes eventually disappear altogether! :cry:

Im well aware of this. and ive told her many times. To a client it almost always is the look of the lashes. But shes not a client she is my sister and shes been told. Your right she prob would try to blame me. :irked: Ive explained and told her.

Im not losing business cos my madam of a sister thinks im her personal beautician! Cheeky isnt she :)

These forums are not only viewed by other therapists but also potential clients and your initial responses may have lead them to believe it is perfectly ok for a therapist to use the stronger glue with cluster lashes to make them last.

Even if you only perform this method on your sister, your the therapist so the blame will be on you for doing the treatment should any problems occur. Also, by doing the treatment you have disregarded your own advice to her so she has no reason to listen to any further advice you give her.

well i know my sister better than anyone, shes my twin. and whilst i accept you are right if it is something she wants and accepts the conciquences ill continue to do it. if that means people on salon geek conisder me a rubbish lasher so be it unfortunately. i know im good at what i do and i learn everyday. but shes my sister...not joe bloggs

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I've seen some not so good reviews about Ardell Lash Tite, people saying that it's near on impossible to remove the lashes without damaging their own. Which may be good if clients want longer lasting lashes, but I'd rather use Duo and know that it removes easily.

What do others think of Lash Tite?

After years of make up and lash experience I still always return to duo for strip an cluster lash applications.

I agree that many diff people - clients and therapists read these posts and in saying that they are public forums and we all have the right to share opinions and ideas. Advice given on here is from both professionals and novices - and we should always remember the difference between advice and just sharing a story or an opinion. :)

Iv been doing lashes now since 2000 and back many years ago wen flash lashing (applying ELE with SP glue without isolation) first came in I was a bit hesitant. Clients loved them because of the lower cost and time to apply but I felt they didn't take it serious wen u told them they must come back every 2 weeks to have the ELE's completely removed in order not to damage their natural lashes.

As professionals our job is to educate our clients - and that's exactly what we need to continue doing, both with flash lashing and clusters. As long as you explain all the different types of lashes and the reasons why they last the time they do. ;)

After years of make up and lash experience I still always return to duo for strip an cluster lash applications.

I agree that many diff people - clients and therapists read these posts and in saying that they are public forums and we all have the right to share opinions and ideas. Advice given on here is from both professionals and novices - and we should always remember the difference between advice and just sharing a story or an opinion. :)

Iv been doing lashes now since 2000 and back many years ago wen flash lashing (applying ELE with SP glue without isolation) first came in I was a bit hesitant. Clients loved them because of the lower cost and time to apply but I felt they didn't take it serious wen u told them they must come back every 2 weeks to have the ELE's completely removed in order not to damage their natural lashes.

As professionals our job is to educate our clients - and that's exactly what we need to continue doing, both with flash lashing and clusters. As long as you explain all the different types of lashes and the reasons why they last the time they do. ;)

LOVE IT!!! xx

Latest posts

Back