Cluster lash glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

Please could you let me know which glue you use and how long the lashes usually last for?

Do you use the glue used for semi permanent lashes? is this safe?

Thanks xxx

Glad you also asked this question as I'm also interested in this.

I also don't believe you should be using semi-perm glue on cluster lashes as this glue is too strong and would enable the clusters to stay on much longer than they're meant to be on (2 weeks max) as it may cause damage to the natural lash.

Anyone have any thoughts on Duo for party lashes?

I use Duo or Ardell for clusters (although I don't do many these days)

These are only intended for weekend use (although I know people use stronger glue to make them last longer)

If clients want something to last longer I always upsell to the express lashes as these look much better and last 2 weeks.

God more confusion, I thought Express lashes lasted 6 weeks? I thought clusters were meant to last up to 2 weeks?

What's the difference between express lashes then? Are they individual lashes rather than clusters and what glue would you use and also if you're trained in clusters, can you then do express? Sorry for all the questions, there are so many different varying descriptions for lashes. :)

Yes it's confusing isn't it!

Clusters are 5 or 6 lashes together which are applied with a temporary adhesive. I call these Weekend Lashes so girls know how long to expect from them. (I know therapists use stronger glue to make these last longer but I don't)

My express lashes are individual lashes, applied with Semi Permanent Lash glue. These WOULD stay on for weeks but MUST be removed after 2 weeks because the lashes aren't isolated so it will affect the natural lash growth if they are not removed after a fortnight.

I did a separate training course for the express technique.

Hope this clears it up (a little bit)! LOL

Hi there, thanks for clarification. I thought that was the case. I use Ardell natural cluster lashes and Duo glue but just wnted to see what others where using. On my website I advertise them as individual party/cluster lashes and warn customers they shouldn't leave them on for more than 2 weeks.

That's OK isn't it? x

Hi I do party lashes and use the knot free flares with duo glue. I don't use the stronger glue that I would use for EE. I was advised not to do this and although the party lashes can last upto 2 weeks, I never promote that. I always say they are designed for that special ocassion or week-end away and with the client taking away aftercare advice, they may get longer out of them if they look after them. On average my clients get the 2 days out of them, only a few have had them on for about 5 days. I have never had to do a removal as they all just fall out naturally. They are not as popular now because of that reason. Elliebee do you mind me asking how long your clients get out them? I am now away to train in lash in a flash with Glam Lash which is express lashes and lasts 2 weeks with a complete removal after 2 weeks as no isolating involved and would damage the lash if on any longer. :)

Hi there, thanks for clarification. I thought that was the case. I use Ardell natural cluster lashes and Duo glue but just wnted to see what others where using. On my website I advertise them as individual party/cluster lashes and warn customers they shouldn't leave them on for more than 2 weeks.

That's OK isn't it? x

I would say that is fine. I would suggest something along the lines of after 2 weeks they should be professional removed by a trained beauty therapist. Do your clients get 2 weeks out of them? I am wondering if I am doing something wrong as my clients only get around 3-5 days :sad: They love them as well but hate they only last a few days so are only coming back when they have something special planned.

Hi Lisa, to be honest i've only done a few recently alongside a spray tan offer. I've not had much feedback from the ladies but I do state on my website that they should be professionally removed. But I don't think many of them do have them removed. So I'm guessing they're coming out of their own accord. They haven't come back to me for removal and I don't ask every client for feedback.

Hi Lisa, to be honest i've only done a few recently alongside a spray tan offer. I've not had much feedback from the ladies but I do state on my website that they should be professionally removed. But I don't think many of them do have them removed. So I'm guessing they're coming out of their own accord. They haven't come back to me for removal and I don't ask every client for feedback.

By the time my clients come back to me in the 2 weeks, the lashes are long gone LOL!!! I asked a few of them how long they got and average was 3-5 days. One client only had a day out of them and I was so like OMG what have I done. She told me she had applied mascara on them straight after I had applied them for a night out and removed her make-up with an oil based remover, half of her lashes had fallen out overnight and she ripped out the rest *sigh* Wish I could get the 2 weeks out of them as they started off being a really popular treatment for me

I use my semi perm glue for clusters... I always take them out after 2 weeks but they would last longer if i didnt. Hows ur lashes tina xx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Right time to get out my semi permanent glue and ring up my clients :D

ProperPrincess Can I ask what semi glue you use for the cluster lashes? x

ProperPrincess Can I ask what semi glue you use for the cluster lashes? x

I use eyelash emporium glue ultra black hun. I find I dont use as much glue as I would with a usual temp glue x dont need too :)

Thank you babe, off to order some now :D

I do lots of lashes, I use Ardell knot free lashes and Ardell black adhesive and they last up to 3 weeks and even when I had to remove them it still took me more than half an hour.

I use my semi perm glue for clusters... I always take them out after 2 weeks but they would last longer if i didnt. Hows ur lashes tina xx

Eyelashes are faabboullous! getting lots of compliments :) xx

Sorry girls, but I would never recommend using SP lash glue with cluster lashes.

No professional trainer would ever give you this advice and I doubt your insurance would cover you.

Cluster lashes are meant to be temporary and should be used with temporary adhesive.

If clients want longer out of them, I would highly recommend going on a certified training course and offer the express technique.

I didnt say a professional trainer had given me such advice? Im quite happy doing semi perm but ny sister prefers the cluster look so thats what i give her x

I didnt say a professional trainer had given me such advice? Im quite happy doing semi perm but ny sister prefers the cluster look so thats what i give her x

No I know hun.

I was just trying to make the point that putting clusters on with SP glue isn't something that would be advised.

Obviously it's different if it's for your sister but I don't agree it should be offered as a professional service to clients.

Latest posts

Back