CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou, I used gelish Sheek White, mixed the Blue and Red additives to get the purple added a hint of shimmer and did a colour fade starting from the bottom corner :)

And did another today, my clients seem to like the simple colour fade, I'm hoping they might go for a few more of my creative ones soon lol, would be nice to have a go on real nails apposed to the colour pops! :lol:

Fab.

They r beautiful x

Is anyone using a pestal & mortar to crush the darker additives before mixing with gel?

My guess would be the yellow and pink over cream puff.

Oh just read further down in the comments and they've confirmed the yellow and pink but not the base colour

Steph xxx

Think I will be ordering the Haute Pink, I've not been able to create a pink as nice and bright as that over a white background.

Is anyone using a pestal & mortar to crush the darker additives before mixing with gel?

For gel I use a pallet knife and mix on a tile

I bought a tiny mortar and pestle for grinding into polymer powder but in truth you only need to do that with the chalky colours and that is only red and yellow. It makes things easier particularly when mixing a quantity.

I have made pots full of various colours that I know I will use all the time.

Haute Pink is probably the colour I use the most for mixing other colours .. i

Last edited:
I've been watching the videos....I want them to be delivered now!!!
Ordered last night what's the chances of them being here tomorrow :) x

I've been watching the videos....I want them to be delivered now!!!
Ordered last night what's the chances of them being here tomorrow :) x

If you ordered and paid for next day delivery, then you will get next day delivery.

had a quick play with my additives today...

1) blackpool with violet pearl effect
2)cream puff with, foil, violet pearl additive & lilac holo glitter
3)tutti frutti with yellow additive & blackpool striping
4) rubble with pink gold effect
5) rosebud with pink gold effect

the last 2 look much more sparkly than on the pic, the pink gold really lifts the colours.

Attachments

• additives 001.jpg
    additives 001.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 2,425
Last edited:
If you ordered and paid for next day delivery, then you will get next day delivery.

I ordered at 4:30 the once and got my delivery next morning! Now *that* is service!

After my mojito fuelled fuzz last night i did two nails then took myself off to bed!!

Today however i have spent all day with my additives- such fun! Currently sporting hotski and cerulean blue (pic doesnt do the colour popping colour justice) but it looks amazing!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344531257.730374.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344531257.730374.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 696
It's coming tmrw :) yaay!! All weekend to experiment x

Sorry if the question has already been asked, which I'm sure it has, but what colours come with the kit? Thanks.

For gel I use a pallet knife and mix on a tile

I bought a tiny mortar and pestle for grinding into polymer powder but in truth you only need to do that with the chalky colours and that is only red and yellow. It makes things easier particularly when mixing a quantity.

I have made pots full of various colours that I know I will use all the time.

Haute Pink is probably the colour I use the most for mixing other colours .. i

Thanks Gigi.

Do you think it is worth getting pestle & mortar for the red & yellow or just use the tile & knife. What is the big difference between mortar & pestle V knife & tile? Do you get specks of colour if not crushed?

Last edited:
Have ordered mine & hopefully they will be here tomorrow! Excited :D

Thank Gigi.

Do you think it is worth getting pestle & mortar for the red & yellow or just use the tile & knife. What is the big difference between mortar & pestle V knife & tile? Do you get specks of colour if not crushed?

Because the gel is a liquid, the powder mixes and breaks down easily on a tile.

For mixing additives with polymer powders, a mortar and pestle is better. I bought mine from Amazon. It is small, about 2" in diameter and less than 4£ ... Worth it I think.

Because the gel is a liquid, the powder mixes and breaks down easily on a tile.

For mixing additives with polymer powders, a mortar and pestle is better. I bought mine from Amazon. It is small, about 2" in diameter and less than 4£ ... Worth it I think.

Many thanks Gigi, I don't do L&P so will stick with the tile & knife.x

I have all 12 additives now.. Lamp, colours and additives will be heading home with me (Sat eve) so i can play with them over the weekend.. I never get time at work :( im loving all your pics, excited to start playing with them :):)

I have all 12 additives now.. Lamp, colours and additives will be heading home with me (Sat eve) so i can play with them over the weekend.. I never get time at work :( im loving all your pics, excited to start playing with them :):)

That is exactly what everyone needs to do ... Sit down and experiment and play ... The more you play, the more ideas you generate and the more Creative becomes your thought process. ;)

After my mojito fuelled fuzz last night i did two nails then took myself off to bed!!

Today however i have spent all day with my additives- such fun! Currently sporting hotski and cerulean blue (pic doesnt do the colour popping colour justice) but it looks amazing!

That colour is beautiful. X :)

Abit messy but here is my first attempt at additives love the colour

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344586509.047073.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344586509.047073.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 589

Latest posts

Back