CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to apply plenty and float it over the top of your design and that's it!! If you go over it again at any point, you will drag the design and ruin it. Top coat will melt and drag your acrylic paint if not done with the right amount and super quickly.

As for setting your acrylic paint under the lamp?? Never heard that acrylic paint sets under UV light. :eek:

You have to apply plenty and float it over the top of your design and that's it!! If you go over it again at any point, you will drag the design and ruin it. Top coat will melt and drag your acrylic paint if not done with the right amount and super quickly.

As for setting your acrylic paint under the lamp?? Never heard that acrylic paint sets under UV light. :eek:

Thanks for the advice :) I have always done this and actually never had any problems, but I ran out of the top-coat I use for sealing my nail art and used another one and disaster struck lol, now i'm using gelish alot I seal with TIO and thats usually fine, may I ask what acrylic paints you use for nail art Geeg? I need to replace quite a few and wasn't completely happy with the last ones I purchased.

Had a play today with my new additives. This is 2 coats of rosebud with haute pink mixed with a little pink gold additive at the top of the nail and pink gold additive at the bottom for a softer pink finish.

Attachments

• rosebud and additives.jpg
    rosebud and additives.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2,160
Thank you :) I used the CND striper brush that came with the additives kit But it's not that easy to use as its bent! Actually two of the brushes were :( I might cut it down a bit, didn't think of doing that.

Thanks for replying hun. Bent or not, you did a fab job!

My first attempts with additives
IMG_1248.jpg

Do it planky, do it!! X x x

Hahahaha, I think it's inevitable I won't be waiting, I am far too impatient!! "Muuuuuuuuum!!" :D :lol:

Thanks for replying hun. Bent or not, you did a fab job!
You can easily and permanently straighten a bent brush .... Dip the brush for a few seconds in boiling hot water ... Straighten the hairs immediately and allow to dry ... Straight brush again.

The quickest way to ruin a brush is to start trimming and tampering with it .. Especially when you are not really sure what you are doing.

It is a nice set in the Additives kit ... I wouldn't start messing with the brushes. They do the jobs they are supposed to do very well.

If you want finer lines then ease up on the pressure you are using with the brush and use less paint on it.

Hahahaha, I think it's inevitable I won't be waiting, I am far too impatient!! "Muuuuuuuuum!!" :D :lol:

You must get them hun. I got them last week & I'm having so much fun with them. I bet you will have them this week :lol:

You must get them hun. I got them last week & I'm having so much fun with them. I bet you will have them this week :lol:

Hahaha!! How do you all know me so well :eek: :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Just wondered how you all plan to incorporate additives into your price lists? Im struggling!

Just wondered how you all plan to incorporate additives into your price lists? Im struggling!

I charge the same as Rockstars for my micas that I use now, not sure whether I'll increase it using additives, as to a client it's the same thing really, just branded.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I charge the same as rockstars if they just want a fade or full colour. I charge more if they want nail art as well, depending on what they want.

great! thanks ladies!

Do you ladies think £3 extra is too little?

Thanx! I'm not sure how many people will go for £30 but worth a try eh!

Is it still worth purchasing the Brisa bolds collection or will the additives be enough? X

Is it still worth purchasing the Brisa bolds collection or will the additives be enough? X

I personally would go with additives and you can make them all and in the quantity you want. :lol:

Additives fell in my basket when i was ordering and new gel brush. Can't wait to get them all your work looks amazing

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

I personally would go with additives and you can make them all and in the quantity you want. :lol:

Thanks geeg that's answers my question too. I'm about to do the brisa conversion course so wasn't sure whether to get the Bolds in the sale or not. X

Latest posts

Back