CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had an absolute nightmare yesterday!! client wanted (she chose from my colour pops) studio white with black additive fade, so i did and they looked lovely!! until i put mother of pearl over the top, client wanted a bit of sparkle! then they just looked a mess, a dirty mess lol....i ended up soaking them off, letting client go to her hair appt and coming back to get nails done!!!

had an absolute nightmare yesterday!! client wanted (she chose from my colour pops) studio white with black additive fade, so i did and they looked lovely!! until i put mother of pearl over the top, client wanted a bit of sparkle! then they just looked a mess, a dirty mess lol....i ended up soaking them off, letting client go to her hair appt and coming back to get nails done!!!

This happened to me too when I did it over the black additive. I have found that using the pink gold sparkle, or the green gold one over the top of the black additive gives a lovely sparkle. Just burnish the sparkle over the black (or any other colour) to give it a sparkle.:)

Why soak it all off?

couldn't you just wipe off the additive?

Even add another coat of white after wiping as it is so opaque?

Hi Ladies

I've had exactly the same, the Additive disappearing to leave the base colour showing! I've kind of lost heart, especially when I see the fantastic results other people are having, so I'm waiting to get on the course.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong would be gratefully received though!!

Pleeeaaasssseee!

Angela

Yes I agree - I think you just need to make sure to burnish it and remove any excess additive with your brush before applying the top coat.

You also have to be careful when applying the top coat to ensure the whole nail is covered. It can be easy to miss spots on the nail, especially if you don't have good lighting in your salon. So take a few extra minutes when applying the top coat and look at it under a good light before you cure it in the CND UV lamp. (I'm assuming everyone is using the correct lamp :wink2:)

Yes agree really brush off any excess additive once applied (I use the fan brush and give it a light dusting) full coverage is a must, it's amazing you suddenly realise how slap dash one becomes with top coat! Also you need to float the top coat so as not to disturb any additive thus mixing it with top coat and wiping it away when removing tacky layer. Work on these things and it will improve! Xx

Why soak it all off?

couldn't you just wipe off the additive?

Even add another coat of white after wiping as it is so opaque?

i had too after id done the mother of pearl coat and it looked awful, i did try to put some glitter into the tacky layer but it looked even worse!! in the end i did black pool with silver glitter fade and client loved!!xx

Here is my latest. Shellac cream puff with the blue the yellow to creat the turquoise and created bubbles with dsperse drops (idea I got off chocolatepickle thank you!) and created reed things with glitzy lips foil (I don't have usual nail foil at the mo)

They are a bit untidy, I'm still getting used to applying the top coat so when you remove tacky layer you don't wipe off half your additive! And cream puff I found tricky to paint a whole nail in it.

E x

Just re looked at pic and they are more greeny turquoise in real life!

Omg amazing!!!!!

Iv see the additives kit that contains yellow, bright red, black, effect cerulean blue, effect antique bronze, effect spectrum shimmer. What additional colours can I create with this? Is this kit enough to get me started or can anyone recommend me any additional pigments to get aswell that are really popular for you. Really want them a to be honest!! :-/

Iv see the additives kit that contains yellow, bright red, black, effect cerulean blue, effect antique bronze, effect spectrum shimmer. What additional colours can I create with this? Is this kit enough to get me started or can anyone recommend me any additional pigments to get aswell that are really popular for you. Really want them a to be honest!! :-/

the kit is great and you can create so many colours so id get that to start with and have a play, ive created green, orange, purple, different shades of blue, the only one id maybe add is pink xx

the kit is great and you can create so many colours so id get that to start with and have a play, ive created green, orange, purple, different shades of blue, the only one id maybe add is pink xx

Ah thanks for that Souz! I was thinking about a pink. Going to order some tonight x

Just marking to read later xx

Are those the colours that come in the kit from S2? I've been squinting at the pic trying to work out what they are as it doesn't say in the blurb!

Glad I saw this before I clicked 'Submit Order' as I had additionally put antique bronze and spectrum shimmer in my basket! :Grope:

Ive just this morning ordered the kit and also the extra ones not included in the kit and got an e mail with my tracking number already.

Just love the prompt efficient service from sweetsquared!

Can't wait to get experimenting!

Had my first go with my additives tonight on a client! Was so nervous after reading all the posts about the additive lifting if not completely top coated so I spent ages on the top coat lol. These are masquerade with bronze additive, they're a lot more red than brown in real life and ended up matching exactly with the clients gold and ruby ring! :)

u7yju9a6.jpg
anuvemys.jpg

My first try!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347432341.624321.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347432341.624321.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 606
Are those the colours that come in the kit from S2? I've been squinting at the pic trying to work out what they are as it doesn't say in the blurb!

Glad I saw this before I clicked 'Submit Order' as I had additionally put antique bronze and spectrum shimmer in my basket! :Grope:

Not sure if they are the same kit but I was looking on the Ellisons site x

This is Artistic Colour Gloss Fashionista with Violet Pearl Additives

Attachments

• acg fashionista & additives.jpg
    acg fashionista & additives.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,031
Blackpool and blue additive

Rock royalty and pink gold and spectrum shimmer

(Can't post to groups via my phone so will add there once on laptop)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347652346.036549.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347652346.036549.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 596
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347652360.885268.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347652360.885268.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 720
Using the dsperse method from chocolatepickles with a fishy twist :)

Attachments

• IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 3,490

Latest posts

Back