CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had another play with better results!!

pic doesnt do some of the colours justice (theres no top coat on them), the blue over blackpool is just stunning!

picture.php

just in case anyone wanted to know this was from left to right

tropix with bronze additive
studio white with mixed up orange additive
studio white with mixed up green additive
studio white with blue additive
fedora with bronze
wildfire with black
blackpool with blue
tropix with spectrum shimmer and hint of black
tutti frutti with bue
studio white with bronze and spectrum shimmer mixed

Last edited:
bronze pigment mixed with spectrum shimmer, lovely two tone sparkle effect!!

I need to redo my toes tomorrow so I'm thinking a nice aqua blue. I'm going to do hotski with cerulean blue and I might put some spectrum shimmer over it or through the blue :). I will try it on a color pop first.

Can I ask before I place my order does the top coat pick up the additive? In other words do I need a seperate top coat as you would for glitter?

Word for warming for those with the sparkly effects ... don't sneeze! It's bad enough when you open the pot. Bloody glitter everywhere!

Can I ask before I place my order does the top coat pick up the additive? In other words do I need a seperate top coat as you would for glitter?

There should be no need for a separate Shellac Top Coat provided you don't use far too much additive. Less is definitely more.
I have never used a separate Top Coat and have never had a problem, but I know some techs are choosing to keep a separate Top Coat just in case.

I do not use a separate top coat for additives.

Fab thanks, that will be an extra pot of additive rather than top coat then :lol:

Asphalt with titanium pearl

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344629627.021105.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344629627.021105.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 732
It's rock royalty with blue additive x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344631916.252326.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344631916.252326.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 675
Purple and pink additove over clearly pink with leopard print!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344667405.915295.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344667405.915295.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 825
Am loving these combos so much. I am still waiting to get mine because I am absolutely brassick but I don't think I can wait anymore!! Think I may need to approach the parentals for a little loan :D :lol:

A bit more playing this morning, shame I smudged the white design with my top-coat, what acrylic paints do you geeks use for nail art? I bought mine from a crafting shop but I don't think there great quality, seem to thicken up quite quickly :( I know the design on the second pic is wonky lol, just about to have another go.

Attachments

• 002 (10) jdjdj.jpg
    002 (10) jdjdj.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 763
  • 0013.jpg
    0013.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:
A bit more playing this morning, shame I smudged the white design with my top-coat, what acrylic paints do you geeks use for nail art? I bought mine from a crafting shop but I don't think there great quality, seem to thicken up quite quickly :( I know the design on the second pic is wonky lol, just about to have another go.

These are lovely and original too. Which striper brush have you used? Or was it a different brush? I'm trying to find one that is just right, but they seem either too thick or too shortx

These are lovely and original too. Which striper brush have you used? Or was it a different brush? I'm trying to find one that is just right, but they seem either too thick or too shortx

Just customise your own brush, trim it and thin it out until its just right for what you need it for :)

artistic nails, if use acrylic paints put them under your gel lamp to cure/set for 2 mins xx

Am loving these combos so much. I am still waiting to get mine because I am absolutely brassick but I don't think I can wait anymore!! Think I may need to approach the parentals for a little loan :D :lol:

Do it planky, do it!! X x x

Thank you :) I used the CND striper brush that came with the additives kit But it's not that easy to use as its bent! Actually two of the brushes were :( I might cut it down a bit, didn't think of doing that.

artistic nails, if use acrylic paints put them under your gel lamp to cure/set for 2 mins xx

Oh does this stop the design dragging when I apply the top coat? :)

Latest posts

Back