CND discontinued products for 2014

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EgitaN

Reaction score
Didn't want to believe to see some of my and my clients favourites to go, like Shellac Silver VIP status and Moonlight &Roses.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,964
Oh no this is not good news I love Silver VIP Status, I use it much more than the Gold. I wonder why they've decided to discontinue this :(

Didn't want to believe to see some of my and my clients favourites to go, like Shellac Silver VIP status and Moonlight &Roses.

Can't keep them all, and new ones are coming thick and fast in case no one has noticed lol ... Clients will find new ones they love and so will you.

If there is one you just can't live without, then stock up now.

Last edited:
Can't keep them all, and new ones are coming thick and fast in case no one has noticed lol ... Clients will find new ones they love. And if there is one you just can't live without, then stock up now.

Well, too late apparently for Moonlight &Roses as it's not available anymore at S2 and Ellisons. Just got an extra bottle of Silver VIP

Noooo! I love silver VIP it's my favourite to put on top of everything. Bad decision I think as there's nothing similar (ice vapour is too bling) when you only want a subtle sparkle.

Never use gold VIP interestingly!

OH no not moonlight & roses!!!! I've got a spare in the cupboard, luckily for me but it such a good layering colour :(

I'm still using my original bottle of Iced Cap I got when I started in May 2010 - shows it lasts ages but I cant think it was a great seller. Funnily enough I used it tonight!

Karaxxx

Yes not too happy about this! Moonlight & Roses-"old classic" Silver Vip, Mother Of Pearl are all my top Shellacs to be used! 😔 My Clients love these... Also shame about Iced Coral as it's an unusual colour but very pretty, & great for layering! Very disappointed as the new colours coming out are no comparison to these at all.
Gutted 👎

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Noooo! I love silver VIP it's my favourite to put on top of everything. Bad decision I think as there's nothing similar (ice vapour is too bling) when you only want a subtle sparkle.

Never use gold VIP interestingly!

It seems quite strange choice for VIP Silver as it's so, so popular and the substitute CND suggests is not even close.

Nooo not M&R!!

I have 1 client who has purple purple with M&R layered over every appt!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gutted about moon light and roses this is a fantastic layer option.
X

I hope I can get hold of a Shellac Intro Pack before it disappears! Unless the new trial pack will be the same?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why do companies do this? Surely if something is selling well and is popular you would continue to make it?! Someone please enlighten me as I'm confused. S what if new stuff is coming out? Clients want their favourites to stay put.

OPI once discontinued "you don't know Jacques" but then listened to their clients and brought it back. Who knows, you might get lucky and if enough of you ask for it, they might bring them back too.

It irritates me because M&S do this all the time with their food ranges. They bring out a fabulous new fish or meat dish or whatever and then 6 months later its gone and they're back to the boring old granny food.

Take a look at the Gelish colours. They've got a much bigger range! You'll probably find what you're looking for there. :)

Why do companies do this? Surely if something is selling well and is popular you would continue to make it?! Someone please enlighten me as I'm confused. S what if new stuff is coming out? Clients want their favourites to stay put.

OPI once discontinued "you don't know Jacques" but then listened to their clients and brought it back. Who knows, you might get lucky and if enough of you ask for it, they might bring them back too.

It irritates me because M&S do this all the time with their food ranges. They bring out a fabulous new fish or meat dish or whatever and then 6 months later its gone and they're back to the boring old granny food.

I soooo agree with you about M&S. Almost a foregone conclusion that if it's something I like, it'll disappear! :irked:

Take a look at the Gelish colours. They've got a much bigger range! You'll probably find what you're looking for there. :)

I am actually considering to add Gelish to my services because of colour range. Will check it out next month in London Excel show.

I have a client who loves Moonlight and roses so I definitely need to get another bottle.

Its not the most cost effective for all but now they're gone from open stock and I need a M+R I'll be picking up a Shellac collection 3.0 to get it- I need another studio white, purple purple is popular for me and so is asphalt so it will all get used and is cheaper then buying the bottles individually and I keep my client happy for longer :)

Violet pearl additive is also a great substitute for M+R.

I think it makes sense, most of the colours are layering colours so we use less of them = we buy less often so they're not selling as well as others

I have a client who loves Moonlight and roses so I definitely need to get another bottle.

Its not the most cost effective for all but now they're gone from open stock and I need a M+R I'll be picking up a Shellac collection 3.0 to get it- I need another studio white, purple purple is popular for me and so is asphalt so it will all get used and is cheaper then buying the bottles individually and I keep my client happy for longer :)

Violet pearl additive is also a great substitute for M+R.

Oh, great, thanks for advice about the additive. And if you find a place which still have M&R in stock, please let me know.

Noooooooooo!!! Not Silver VIP Status?? It's a fab colour to use on french, much more than Gold VIP. Better get studying that list and placing an order before they go.

Interesting to see there is a new design remover wrap :)

I have all the shellac colours that have been discontinued and have only ever used them once or twice so not surprised really.

Also excited to see 8oz hand creams , think this will make retailing hand creams easier , and more retail sales is a goal of mine this year :)

Latest posts

Back