CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you scrubfresh the nail first? I read on here that you still need to really squeak the nail with scrubfresh before applying the vinylux. So is everyone that's already sold some vinylux selling the scrubfresh with it too?

Hey yeah I used cuticle away then washed my hands then dehydrated the nail plate with acetone as previously posted on here. I removed the first attempt and I have reapplied the polish and been a little more generous with the polish and top coat and it is looking a lot better.

I will hopefully be getting scrub fresh soon.

Order received today and daughters nails done in a rainbow of colours, for being 5 she stayed still the whole 8.5 mins and not a smudge or chip in sight, normal polish would be coming off by now. Mines have been done in tutti frutti and grapefruit sparkle on ring and thumb fingers. I'm very impressed so far I have to say as was a bit dubious about the drying time. Can't wait for the kits to come back into stock though, only ordered 11 colours to keep me going just now but will definitely be getting a kit. When they come into stock :)

I love vinylux. It arrived and I did my daughters nails. I know we were told it dries quickly but it really does!

6 bottles had been smashed but replacements on their way - S2 really has got customer service spot on!

I got my order today...the whole shebang, haha. I'm so thrilled that i got all of them, they look so amazing all together :)

Now if i can choose a colour i'm going to paint my fingers and toes before watching the last episode of The Ice Cream Girls xx

Seems quite a few people have had smashed bottles - one of mine was smashed & it's not in stock now so I have to be patient & wait for it to come back in! I have, however just painted my nails with one of the bottles that wasn't smashed but I think I may have applied it a little too thickly, as after 8.5 minutes I still managed to dent it putting the bottle back on the rack! x

It has taken me three attempts to get my application right, still not perfect but getting there, I love the polish but after using gelish for a year from first qualifying I still need practice but I'll get there :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367610774.710628.jpg

I got my order today...the whole shebang, haha. I'm so thrilled that i got all of them, they look so amazing all together :)

Now if i can choose a colour i'm going to paint my fingers and toes before watching the last episode of The Ice Cream Girls xx

Can you believe the killer?! I did not see that coming! X

Couple of quick questions as I await my order of Vinylux:

I presume we roll the bottles before use (not shake - like we do for Shellac)?

When applying each coat, do we have to wait until each layer is completely dry (8.5 minutes) or apply second coat immediately, top coat immediately and then wait for 8.5 minutes?

Can it be removed with a non-acetone polish remover? (Just thinking about ladies wanting to change their colour over enhancements between maintenance appointments).

After 8.5 mins I sorted out the towels in my airing cupboard. No towel mark at all :)
Vicki x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367616915.651620.jpg

When applying each coat, do we have to wait until each layer is completely dry (8.5 minutes) or apply second coat immediately, top coat immediately and then wait for 8.5 minutes?

Can it be removed with a non-acetone polish remover? (Just thinking about ladies wanting to change their colour over enhancements between maintenance appointments).

I would logically assume we treat it like other polish and roll in our palms before application

As has been stated many times, go straight into each coat one after the other and then wait to dry.

One geek has posted her success in using acetone free remover, Geeg and others have stated a quick removal with Acetone over enhancements is fine and will not adversely harm the enhancement.

Hope that helps x

1. CND recommend a shake actually.

2. No you do not have to wait between coats.

3. We recommend to use the acetone based CND Nourishing remover. This will soon be available to retail to clients.

Can you believe the killer?! I did not see that coming! X

I know! I knew who it wasn't (trying not to give it away to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, haha) but i read the book a long time ago and i think the killer in the book was someone else.

Both the tv episodes and the book were fantastic though!

On a Vinylux note, my nails are stunning! I have Blue Rapture on my toes and Gilded Pleasure on my fingers. I actually found it very easy to apply, but maybe i am naturally more heavy handed with my regular polish (usually an OPI user).

The colours are so bold and beautiful...not wishy washy at all.

I am happy to report that i gave my nails a good squeeze at exactly 8.5 minutes after polishing and they are hard as...well...nails, lol. Not a smudge or scuff on them. I think it's love :Love: xx

Just tried 4 of my colours and wow it dries quick!!! It seemed quicker than 8 minutes aswell which I love!!!
I'm definitely getting more!!! I see what you mean about shellac still being the more up market service which will make it easier for my regular shellac clients to continue with there services. However my manicure clients are gona be blown away!!! I cannot wait for them to try it out!!! Thank you cnd for creating such beautiful colours aswell as amazing polishes!!! X

Ok so this is going to seem a ridiculous question BUT I have just ordered a tonne of Vinylux and am waiting for the spinner rack to come in as it looks fabulous.

My only and biggest issue is that the salon I work from is very light and bright with windows ALLLL the way around the front which is where I do most of my displaying. We do tend to get some sun damage. The way the salon is set up there is no room atall that's out of the way of the windows and as its not my salon I am not allowed to use a wall rack. I take it that with the technology involved in making this product dry so quick and harden over time I would have to keep it out of the window even if it's not in direct sunlight?

Sorry if this seems a stupid question, I don't know where the hell I am going to put it!

Has anyone got an electronic copy of the MSDS sheets for Vinylux that they could email to me via PM?

I can't wear Gel, Acrylics or Shellac due to allergy to acrylate substances but I can wear ordinary polish.

It's an interesting thing about the smashed bottles.
As you know we send out many orders every day and we've learned that we have to use double walled boxes in order to protect the contents against the ravages of the courier process.
I've been using S2 for at least 5 years and we've noticed that the boxes have changed over the last wee while. They seem to have gone from being strong and double walled to being, not flimsy exactly, but certainly less robust.
I have no doubt that the Sams are onto this; it will be costing them money to have to replace smashed bottles, but it will cost them more in disappointed customers.
Ah, the vicissitudes of being a distributor!

It's an interesting thing about the smashed bottles.
As you know we send out many orders every day and we've learned that we have to use double walled boxes in order to protect the contents against the ravages of the courier process.
I've been using S2 for at least 5 years and we've noticed that the boxes have changed over the last wee while. They seem to have gone from being strong and double walled to being, not flimsy exactly, but certainly less robust.
I have no doubt that the Sams are onto this; it will be costing them money to have to replace smashed bottles, but it will cost them more in disappointed customers.
Ah, the vicissitudes of being a distributor!

My Vinylux came packaged in boxes of six, and the one that smashed was in a box of five, so I guess the full boxes are fine in transit it's just the ones that are a bit more loose in the boxes. Annoying that I had to clean orange Vinylux off the rest of my order though! x

Has anyone got an electronic copy of the MSDS sheets for Vinylux that they could email to me via PM?

I can't wear Gel, Acrylics or Shellac due to allergy to acrylate substances but I can wear ordinary polish.

I've PM'd you :)

My Vinylux came packaged in boxes of six, and the one that smashed was in a box of five, so I guess the full boxes are fine in transit it's just the ones that are a bit more loose in the boxes. Annoying that I had to clean orange Vinylux off the rest of my order though! x

How funny. I wonder if the other breakages were the same. One of my boxes only had 2 polishes in but they were flat so luckily mine were all in one piece xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

I'm glad the bottles are the old CND ones and not the colour & effects shaped one s which I hated.

Latest posts

Back