CND Itec

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add a bit, especially those comparing this course to a longer college course. i've taught both types (not this specific CND course as it is past my time!)

In my opinion, 'nails' (apart from manicure and pedicure) in even 1 system cannot be taught properly in 3 hours a week. This is what most colleges allocate for the subject. I am not a believer in just reading through the theory; it should be taught in the classroom in a way that everyone understands. this takes a bit out of the 3 hours. Then, good teaching practices mean than a little test to make sure the previous weeks knowledge and practice is remembered and understood: more time out of the 3 hours!

This may leave 2 hours to get set up for working on each other. in reality this means each student will be lucky to get 2-3 tips on before swapping. Nevermind the overlay! then there is tie at the end to clear up and soak off (no one want to keep just 2 nails on!) An on and on!

It doesn't work!

This type of course (CND) is definitely the type that actually works! Real theory teaching and understanding; plenty of time to complete the work under supervision; plenty of time to practice in between and go back with queries and problems that can be put right before developing into a 'habit' of bad practice; real maintenance so problems can be identified and put right withthe help of an experienced technician.

Great course! Well done CND and Sweet Squared (and of course all the hard working and knowledgeable Educators)

I don't believe a nail technician is a Nail Technician unless they can do everything (and that includes FEET! :twisted:)

I don't think this is entirely correct for all nvq courses. I noticed that LCBT offers two days a week for five months 9am - 6pm. Surely this is more practical lessons then the 14 day CND course. I understand that CND offer the best products but I want the most hands on teaching which LCBT seems to provide. I still don't feel 14 days is enough time to learn nails from scratch. Don't you think the course is under selling the skills of a nail tech? Correct me if I'm wrong as I am still new to this!

Hi, I'm new too, who are LCBT? Does this include time off for holidays (half terms, summer holidays) or do they go straight through, a lot of my classes are through summer holidays? Just wondering how it works out through the number of days you actually do and is this just nails?
I am starting CND the end of this month and I like to think that as well as being trained by one of the best companies and having their own qualification/endorsement, that the ITEC actually stands for something and is a valid and recognised qualification. also that it's one that I have to work hard to achieve and is as it says being internationally recognised!! I'm 42, going into a new career and I am confident with my choice of training but can someone help clarify things? xx

there we go ladies you have confirmation from some of the most respected and qualified nail professionals thats CND and sweetsqaured product and training is the best there is ,and i as a newby can confirm this is exactly my thoughts i am delighted with my training ,knowledge and understanding and the nails i am able to produce along with luxury spa manicures ,pedicures ,I know i made the right choice and hope you girls do to xxx

Hi, I'm new too, who are LCBT? Does this include time off for holidays (half terms, summer holidays) or do they go straight through, a lot of my classes are through summer holidays? Just wondering how it works out through the number of days you actually do and is this just nails?
I am starting CND the end of this month and I like to think that as well as being trained by one of the best companies and having their own qualification/endorsement, that the ITEC actually stands for something and is a valid and recognised qualification. also that it's one that I have to work hard to achieve and is as it says being internationally recognised!! I'm 42, going into a new career and I am confident with my choice of training but can someone help clarify things? xx

LCBT is the London College of Beauty Therapy.

Thanks Floss26 x

Omg, CND Complete all booked!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Soooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!! *runs around room excited*

So happy for you and our Hannah is a doll, you will adore her. Let us know how you get on x

Lovebeauty14 congratulations you will love your training as much as i di i just know it ,well done it is very exciting for you xxx

Thanks ladies, I am MEGA excited. :)

Thanks to everyone who has commented on this thread who have already completed or who are currently working through a CND Complete Course.

I am all booked to start CND Complete at the end of this month and can't wait, reading more about it just makes me want the start day to arrive quicker :D

So glad to be able to help .please let us all know how you get on xxx

Thanks to everyone who has commented on this thread who have already completed or who are currently working through a CND Complete Course.

I am all booked to start CND Complete at the end of this month and can't wait, reading more about it just makes me want the start day to arrive quicker :D
Ditto. X

Just to let all the geeks who are about to start CND Complete know - we're in the process of setting up a group, it should be up and running in the next day or two.

It'd be really great if people like sugar and spice join it as well, to give us the benefit of their experience! :biggrin:

Just to let all the geeks who are about to start CND Complete know - we're in the process of setting up a group, it should be up and running in the next day or two.

It'd be really great if people like sugar and spice join it as well, to give us the benefit of their experience! :biggrin:

Sorry to ask, maybe it's obvious when not using the phone app, but how do I join the group once its available to? =-O

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Sorry to ask, maybe it's obvious when not using the phone app, but how do I join the group once its available to? =-O

We're not quite sure yet as there's some discussion going on at the moment as to whether the group should be open to all or whether it should be restricted to the people actually taking the course - details to follow soon hopefully ;)

Thank you Sugar & Spice for such a lovely thread, and to everyone who has contributed to it. I couldn't agree more with you've said about the course...I "plunged into the deep end" learning a new skill at 40..!! I'm definitely going to need lots and lots of practice, before doing any clients. But I'm confident that when the time comes, I'm going to do it properly and professionally because I've been trained that way.:lol:

I hope people reading this thread will feel your excitement and passion for this course, and feel inspired to do it too..!!

I wish you every success in your new salon...heard so much (nice things) about you ;);)

So glad to be able to help .please let us all know how you get on xxx

I will do, week today and its Day 1, so looking forward to it! :)

We're not quite sure yet as there's some discussion going on at the moment as to whether the group should be open to all or whether it should be restricted to the people actually taking the course - details to follow soon hopefully ;)

Excellent, thanks a lot, the more support and help the better, Im in!

I think it's great that there are some people my age (40 ish and that's as close as I will say) who are doing this.
I'm so excited about this and mine doesn't start till August! Is there anyone on here going to Manchester to do theirs with Sarah in August. It would be great to meet some fellow geeks :)
Vicki xx

Hi, it's so exciting. I'm doing mine in Cheltenham. Will be good to have a group together, thanks for sorting it Floss26. I am also in my 40's and so pleased that some of you others are too xx

Latest posts

Back