CND l&P Lifting.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie130178

Reaction score
Hi Hope all you Nail Geeks are well.

Im just adding a post just to let it out really lol. I passed my CND L&P foundation course 8th Januray. since then I have been doing mobile nails and charging £20,:eek: I don't want to charge too much until I build up my confidence. All my clients have been so happy with the results and say the nails I produce look like I have been doing them for years,Which is great and a real confidence boost.:) The problem is they do lift so quick normally within a week,yet the other day I had a ladies nail lift the day after, I did my own nails a week and half ago and have had no lifting, I was really chuffed I thought I had cracked it,Until I did these nails!!!!:mad:
I know it is me and that I have to really concentrate on my prep and zone 3 pressing.I know it will all come in time and I will not be defeated, I will just have to have a few more sleepless nights.:lol:
I can really see though why people do pack it in because it is so frustrating aaaaaaargh!!! I am so glad I have this site because I have realised I am not alone on this one!!!!! :hug:

Hun well done on doing your foundation course but you can not expect to be perfect after only just over a month.
You need to get your prep perfect even if it takes you a little longer as this is one of the main reason for lifting.
Make sure the lateral walls and epynichium have all the true cuticle removed and you have removed your cuticle away with a a scentsation wash not scrubfresh.
Get your pad down into the lateral walls with the scrubfresh to this will reomve any little bits of dust and oil that might be hiding.

Dont get disheartened hun it will come but only with practice :hug:

Hey hun, just seconding what is said above about the cuticle remover, dont clean it off with scrubfresh, I get my clients to wash there hands with liquid hand wash after prep to be sure that the cuticle remover is completely gone. Make sure the hands are dry i wash mine too to make sure no cuticle remover has crept on to my hands. Then get the scrub fresh out, and carry on. This may not be what everyone does but it sure workes for me, no more lifting!!xxxxx

Hi Thank You for your reply, Yes I will keep at it and take your advice on board, I just worry that the customers I do won't come back because of the lifting problem. I have some more clients to do over the weekend,So hopefully after putting all the tips in I have read on here it will be a improvment!!! I have been making sure the cuticle remover is fully removed,because I read a post on here about it a few weeks ago, when I think about it I don't think I am removing all the clients cuticles, The tool I have been using is what I got in my kit and is oval shaped,but I have been told to use a flat cuticle remover tool,which removes more. I will be buying one before my next client.

Tracie xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Thank You for your reply, Yes I will keep at it and take your advice on board, I just worry that the customers I do won't come back because of the lifting problem. I have some more clients to do over the weekend,So hopefully after putting all the tips in I have read on here it will be a improvment!!!

Tracie xxxxxxxxxx

Hun you need to explain to your clients that you are newly trained and that is why they are getting a fantastic price and that as time goes on your nails will be better I'm sure they will understand :hug:

hi all I know i'm new to this too but I just wanted to mention on Tuesday i was at S2 doing my gel basics with Kelly, and she told us that since creative stopped making citrusoak they now recommend using only water to remove any cuticle remover to ensure no oils are left behind hth's...:green:

HI, Congratulations! I know just how you feel:cry:. I almost threw the towel and stopped doing nails altogether! But hold in there :). CND is the best I wouldn't even consider using anything else!
When you do your next set of nails if there isnt a huge amount of cuticle dont use cuticle remover just push them back but spend a little extra time doing this, then when you file the surface of the nail to remove the shine that should remove any last traces of cuticle and be thorough when doing this, make sure you file the ENTIRE surface. Continue with the rest of your prep as usual your doing great. Try not to get too close to the cuticle with your acrylic but im sure you dont any way it just another cause for lifting. Do you use cnd acid free primer? This is great for clients prone to lifting and so is cnd nail fresh. I would Try all the above and see how it goes. Good luck and hold in there :)

Lifting so soon could be caused by incomplete prep as discussed above or it could be that you are touching the skin at the side walls and/or eponychium with product, which happens when you are new to the trade. Obviously you'll know by looking if this is what is causing the lifting. :hug:

For the nails to be lifting after a day it's more than likely to be the latter scenario.

Your on the right track hun you said yourself you know you have to concentrate on your zone 3 pressing and your cuticle work, It does take a bit of time just stick with it. now and again i admit i get a bit lazy and i end up getting a bit off lift, to be honest with you if you have noticed your own mistakes you will make a great nail tech xx

Hi Thank you for your information, Yes I do use primer when they mention they have had a problem with lifting before. It is so easy to pack in,but I have spent that much money,and do really love nails that I can not stop now. Thanks millions these reply do help and give you bit more of a boost to get back on track.

Tracie xxxx

Thank You everyone for all your reply's your all little stars.:hug: Im defo feeling back on track!!!!!! :)

Are you using Retention or Radical liquid as a matter of interest ?

Hi I am using Retention+, I was going to try the radical but when reading posts on here they said it was for people who are tough on nails and breaking.Anything though is worth a try.

Tracie xx

I would , I used to use Retention but have now converted to Radical , dont know if it was just a co-incedience, but lifting seemed to improove since.

Cheers for that I will give it a go ;-)

Tracie xxxxx

when I think about it I don't think I am removing all the clients cuticles,

Hey chick,

I think you may have answered your own question...
Not removing all traces of cuticle will gaurantee you get lifting...
Many techs I've met over the years tell me they get rid of all of it and a little close inspection shows there is still more there... Try using a Kanga board and use the very tip to scrape at the plate after you have finished your cuticle remover work (when nail is clean and dry) and prior to removing shine. This will soon show up and hard to get at cuticle.

Secondly, most new techs do not remove the shine entirely right down into the lateral folds... again the Kanga end is extremely good for getting right down in there and removing shine.. (also a 121 training is a great time and place to get an educator to check you are doing this properly)

Easiest way to check yourself is:
1) is lifting right around all of zone 3 - problem is: not removing all cuticle (or flooding l&p into the skin)
2) if lifting is starting from the side walls in zone 3 or zone 2 - problem is: not removing shine thoroughly ...

Hope this helps

Hi Thank You that really does help loads, Can't wait to try all this on my next client.

Tracie xxxx

I was thrilled to see someone else having similar problems to me (not in bad you must understand but I thought it was ONLY me!!). I too recently trained as a nail tech and I too have had clients nails lifting. Although mine havent!!! Just keep going.....I recently did two sets that have had minimal lifting but its still annoying cos you think youve cracked it and they go and lift. Good luck.:lol:

Hya Yes it is so annoying,especially when you think you have cracked it!!! You will have to let me know how you go, Im going to try the tips I have been given on here,and fingers crossed lol xxx

Tracie

I had an educator tell me it was perfectly ok to remove cuticle remover with scrubfresh, so now I'm a bit puzzled. :irked:

Latest posts

Back