CND lamp broke!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gonna buy a CND kit with lamp and do a shellac course but having contacted S2 and found them completely disinterested in my custom then I chose to go with a more professional customer service. Surely they have to give you a warrantee from the time you get each replacement not the original sale.
My advice is buy a different lamp!!
Sounds to me like a case of TIGI. When a company gets to big for its boots then the quality tends to drop.

Regardless of a 12 month warranty if a product isn't fit for purpose a company has a duty of care to replace...

I suppose every company has their own idea of what is good customer care. My coffee machine broke just before it's first year and the company replaced it without a quibble and they told me that my years warranty would start again afresh with the brand new replacement.

CND have had that many lamps go lately, can you imagine the number of replacements that would be sent out? If they gave out yet another year they would be very busy sending new ones out as they are still breaking even though we've been told about new batches, blah blah blah.

I suppose every company has their own idea of what is good customer care. My coffee machine broke just before it's first year and the company replaced it without a quibble and they told me that my years warranty would start again afresh with the brand new replacement.

CND have had that many lamps go lately, can you imagine the number of replacements that would be sent out? If they gave out yet another year they would be very busy sending new ones out as they are still breaking even though we've been told about new batches, blah blah blah.

Surely they'd have a case for free replacements from their lamp manufacturer? Or perhaps they should be looking for alternative suppliers....

Who knows? Certainly not those who have had more than one lamp go in a few months. How a company can think that it's ok to continue to supply lamps with a known fault is beyond me. I know we were told about percentages of duds etc, but this episode has certainly tainted what I think of them as a company. I feel disappointed in how this has panned out and I'm not even one of the ones who had a problem.

Well I'm unhappy to report that my 5th lamp has died again today (Friday 20th June 2014).

Same old fault and popping noise and the left hand side of the bulbs die.

To say I'm p*ssed off is an understatement.

I will NEVER buy another CND lamp again, especially when they have had issues with them since 2011 which was when my first lamp was replaced.

Simply not good enough CND AND SWEET SQUARED! Lost revenue, time and stress in having to drive 50 miles up the motorway to swap lamps in the past, cancel customers or have appointments run over as it's taking me 6 minutes per hand to cure one coat.

All this warranty business is a disgrace, there are manufacturer faults on the lamps which has been confirmed by CND/Sweet Squared, nobody should have to part with the cost of the lamp and play a guessing game on whether it will last or not!

I was given a lamp free of charge as a goodwill gesture for all the issues I had experienced, it's still within its warranty period as it was delivered in September 2013 yet they are REFUSING TO REPLACE as they say it was a good will gesture on an out of date warranty. Yes, the original lamp was purchased in 2010 but it has had the same fault and been REPLACED 3 times from 2011 to 2014 not forgetting that I purchased a SECOND lamp as a back up in 2013 to then have that also fail to work! With these KNOWN faults there should be an extended warranty given on every replacement lamp.

This should NOT be about warranty periods, this should be about whether or not a confirmed manufacturing fault has been rectified and it hasn't.

I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed and have totally lost faith in a company that I have invested heavily in over the years. Time to move on to pastures new, not that I expect CND or S2 to actually give a stuff.

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::e vil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Well I'm unhappy to report that my 5th lamp has died again today (Friday 20th June 2014).

Same old fault and popping noise and the left hand side of the bulbs die.

To say I'm p*ssed off is an understatement.

I will NEVER buy another CND lamp again, especially when they have had issues with them since 2011 which was when my first lamp was replaced.

Simply not good enough CND AND SWEET SQUARED! Lost revenue, time and stress in having to drive 50 miles up the motorway to swap lamps in the past, cancel customers or have appointments run over as it's taking me 6 minutes per hand to cure one coat.

All this warranty business is a disgrace, there are manufacturer faults on the lamps which has been confirmed by CND/Sweet Squared, nobody should have to part with the cost of the lamp and play a guessing game on whether it will last or not!

I was given a lamp free of charge as a goodwill gesture for all the issues I had experienced, it's still within its warranty period as it was delivered in September 2013 yet they are REFUSING TO REPLACE as they say it was a good will gesture on an out of date warranty. Yes, the original lamp was purchased in 2010 but it has had the same fault and been REPLACED 3 times from 2011 to 2014 not forgetting that I purchased a SECOND lamp as a back up in 2013 to then have that also fail to work! With these KNOWN faults there should be an extended warranty given on every replacement lamp.

This should NOT be about warranty periods, this should be about whether or not a confirmed manufacturing fault has been rectified and it hasn't.

I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed and have totally lost faith in a company that I have invested heavily in over the years. Time to move on to pastures new, not that I expect CND or S2 to actually give a stuff.

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::e vil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm on lamp number 5! in a year and a half, I feel it's a quality control issue...my original lamp purchased 3 years ago is still going strong I buy replacement bulbs and that's it!!....I even dropped it and it's still working fab! so only conclusion I can come To is since initially launched they've either changed parts or changed who makes them hence quality is not as good!! very disappointing when I love the shellac product :-/

Ive lost count of the amount of lamps we've sent back. We've just had 2 go in the last 6 weeks. One they replaced the other I havent bothered to call them as we got it April last year and I know they will say out of warranty. The one that went this week must be around the 10th.

We have had 1 bio sculpture lamp for 4 years and no issues yet we go through CND lamps like anything.

When the one went last month i bought an extra (total 5 lamps in salon) anyway as we are busy, but am seriously thinking of choosing a different lamp as a replacement for this recent one as this lamp story is neverending.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't mind openly admitting that this whole lamp fiasco has made me extra cautious about the LED lamp release next year. It will not be cheap if you look at how much the standard UV lamp is over other general UV lamps, then look at how much LED lamps are currently on the market for you just know that the CND one will more than likely be at least 30% or even 50% more expensive.

I was willing to go with that assumption and be ready to accept the higher price because of the quality factor. But CND has failed the professional by allowing this to continue, so their LED lamp at a much higher price may not be on my shopping list after all. :sad:

Well I've got three months left from when I first bought it even though it's my third lamp and new one is two weeks old.
I don't feel confident about the whole situation :( x

I won't be buying ANY CND lamps at all. I will move over fully to Artistic and Gelish which I currently use anyway and will buy one of their LED lamps.

In the meantime, I have some great friends who have stepped up to the plate and allowed me to use their spare lamps which have enabled me to carry on my business whilst I get sorted with something else.

It's something when it's a friend helping you and not the supplier. Feel for you Lis and bless Fi x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

In my experience this isn't a new problem. I've been using the CND Shellac lamp since the beginning, May 2010, that one broke after 9 months and I've been going through them on a regular basics since! They have been replaced but only as "goodwill" gesture which means they have NO warranty and when it goes, which I'm know it will, I've no comeback!

I love Shellac and it's done wonders for my business but I can't beginning to tell you how much I hate the lamp. It's unreliable, slow, old technology and generally a dinosaur, it needs to go!

Karaxxx

In my experience this isn't a new problem. I've been using the CND Shellac lamp since the beginning, May 2010, that one broke after 9 months and I've been going through them on a regular basics since! They have been replaced but only as "goodwill" gesture which means they have NO warranty and when it goes, which I'm know it will, I've no comeback!

I love Shellac and it's done wonders for my business but I can't beginning to tell you how much I hate the lamp. It's unreliable, slow, old technology and generally a dinosaur, it needs to go!

Karaxxx

It's the same for me, I purchased my first lamp in 2010 and it broke down in it's first year so it's definitely NOT a new issue.

I've had the same happen to me 5 times! Whilst my clients hand is in machine it sparks and left two bulbs blow and don't even work again when we replace with new ones.

Called SS and said they won't replace as warranty run out. We had to battle with them but evenly gave us a new one for good will!!

I thought if something faulty you have the right to return it!!

I don't use shellac because of this lamp situation.
I enquired atS2 about opening an account with them and asked if the situation with the lamps have been sorted out. They completely denied all knowledge of any problems with the lamp. This really concerned me that a company would be so deceitful right even before I opened an account. But to be honest I got the impression that they didn't want my custom. Which is ok because I have found a really good product with amazing customer service. And they readily admit that they have had some issues with their LED lamp and hand placement.
I hope you all get this sorted.

The question I would be asking is if this problem has been going on since 2010 then why haven't they fixed the problems that keep arising with their own lamps.
I'm not anti- CND. But I am anti- bad customer service!!

I was told by a customer service operator that there was hardly an issue with the lamps, when I pointed out that I was on my 5th lamp and there are plenty of people on Salon Geek who have had the same issue, she told me they are just the same people who keep repeat posting!

Whether they are brand new complaints or repeat complaints the fact still remains the same. This is an INHERENT FAULT with some of the lamps, it's not new and customers are still having issues. Remember the lamp shortage in February? Techs were having lamp issues and not being able to even BUY another lamp least have them replaced as there weren't any in the country!!

Our 2nd one broke last weekend, a week after the other one.
Same 2 bulbs out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't use shellac because of this lamp situation.
I enquired atS2 about opening an account with them and asked if the situation with the lamps have been sorted out. They completely denied all knowledge of any problems with the lamp. This really concerned me that a company would be so deceitful right even before I opened an account. But to be honest I got the impression that they didn't want my custom. Which is ok because I have found a really good product with amazing customer service. And they readily admit that they have had some issues with their LED lamp and hand placement.
I hope you all get this sorted.

The question I would be asking is if this problem has been going on since 2010 then why haven't they fixed the problems that keep arising with their own lamps.
I'm not anti- CND. But I am anti- bad customer service!!

Sweet Squared won the Best Customer Care 2014 award from Scratch, I think?

Latest posts

Back