CND, The Event!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really really want to come but im not very confident in my technique yet as have only been in the industry a few months! Worried I might make a compete fool of myself compared to all of you fabulous geeks! :) x

You know I'm in the same position only been qualified in nails a year but I reckon we have to start somewhere and am excited about being surrounded by lots of uber geeks. See you there

JO x

taking part in events like this whatever stage you are in your career will give you the edge above your competitors, this industry is ever evolving and you have to stay up to date to be successful. if everyone at an event like this was at the same stage in their career how could we learn from each other??

I really really want to come but im not very confident in my technique yet as have only been in the industry a few months! Worried I might make a compete fool of myself compared to all of you fabulous geeks! :) x

I'm the same Hun! Honestly don't worry about it, all us newbies will be in the same boat xxx

I started my complete course on Wednesday so by the time the event comes around I'll only be qualified for just over a month but i thought its just too good to miss! The last one was 3 years ago so they don't happen often! Also its a chance to meet loads of new people as well as a party therefore new shoes and dress! xxx

If any one is going from Nottingham I will have spaces in my car!? I'm staying sat & Sunday anyone is welcome x

If any one is going from Nottingham I will have spaces in my car!? I'm staying sat & Sunday anyone is welcome x

hi I'm from notts! ! not sure if I can go yet though I'll let you know! ! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Your replies have made me feel so much better and now I want to come even more! Trying to sort out arrangements for my little one and then all being well I'll be booking my ticket!! :) is anyone going from the reading/Windsor area and want to car share/room share - I'm in Ascot and will be driving up either Saturday or very early Sunday.

X

Me too! 😊

And we have Sacha too :)
I have been doing a bit of travel research today, the cheapest train (based on a Saturday-Monday in March) is East Coast £48.50 from Kings Cross - 2 hours 22 mins (all other trains are £97/£98)
Or an 8 seater minibus is £600 return (£75pp) but takes 4.5 hours plus stopping time will be a 5.5 hour journey.

Ladies from Essex/east london,

I have travelled to leeds a few times now and I have to say the easiest and least stressful way is by train!
I am going at the end of the month and have got 2 single tickets from kings cross and then back for £25 in total. I booked in advance as a small group (3 or more) to get this discount- it would without discount have been £40 in this case. The average from kings cross has been around £40-60 in my experience.

To drive costs me in my teeny car about £60 fuel from Essex. It takes from 3.5-4.5 hours for me to drive depending on traffic, often I dont stop for a break, hence why I find train more relaxing- its less squashy and I can relax and eat, drink, phone etc without worrying its going to cost me in time!

I book my train tickets direct with Buy Cheap Train Tickets. UK Ticket Prices & Rail Fares > East Coast for the cheapest price, they are not on sale yet for the Event dates though, a few more weeks yet I think.

Soooooo........if Brisa Lite is launching and available BEFORE The Event, there must be something even MORE exciting to launch in April!:eek::lol:

This was exactly my thinking I am so glad I have a ticket!!! Xx

Firstly I just wanted to say how in awe I am of you all - reading all the threads of peeps offering help with lifts and rooms and topping & tailing... what a wonderful industry we are in. :hug:

Obviously there are a lot of Geeks going and I think it would be cool to get yourselves stickers for names - but remember - don't put your real names as none of you will recognise each other - you need to put your GEEK names. The amount of times people have introduced themselves to me with real names first and I recognise the GEEK names more lol...:smack:

Anyway - way to go ALL of you for being thoughtful and helpful... heart warming for sure!:Love::Love::Love:

As this was meant to be my hen weekend, I won't need a name tag... You'll spot me easily, I'll be the one in the neon pink tutu, lime green leg warmers, L plates, feather boa and other various "hen night" paraphernalia...

Be afraid, be very afraid... ;)

;)

I think i'm about to book my ticket from S2!!

does anyone have a spare bed for saturday and sunday night at de vere village and wants to split the bill for the room?

I am so excited loved the last one xxx

I really would love to come to this event. I keep swinging from going to buy a ticket to then changing my mind. The reason I keep changing my mind is that I have only been qualified in nails for just over a year. I am a full time mum so only do nails part time so dont have a very big client base at the moment so not sure I can justify spending so much money. I also only offer Shellac at the moment and have been saving up to do more training. So my dilemma is do I use the money for more training to further my career or to I book a ticket for The Event??!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I really would love to come to this event. I keep swinging from going to buy a ticket to then changing my mind. The reason I keep changing my mind is that I have only been qualified in nails for just over a year. I am a full time mum so only do nails part time so dont have a very big client base at the moment so not sure I can justify spending so much money. I also only offer Shellac at the moment and have been saving up to do more training. So my dilemma is do I use the money for more training to further my career or to I book a ticket for The Event??!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Maybe there is training AT THE Event!!!! You have quite the choice on Day 2 ...:lol: Certificates will be given - as always ;)

Am too excited for words... we have been awaiting confirmation of a STAR Guest and SHE has just confirmed (don't worry it was obviously on the cards but never say never until a confirmation has been placed) .... NO one (and I mean no one) will rock THE Event like this iconic Nail Diva ... you guys are in for a ride!!!

TRA LA LA LA LA....:lol::lol::lol:

It's TORTURE!!! Sooooooooo excited!!

Am too excited for words... we have been awaiting confirmation of a STAR Guest and SHE has just confirmed (don't worry it was obviously on the cards but never say never until a confirmation has been placed) .... NO one (and I mean no one) will rock THE Event like this iconic Nail Diva ... you guys are in for a ride!!!

TRA LA LA LA LA....:lol::lol::lol:

This just gets better, so glad I took the plunge and booked......

Latest posts

Back