CND, The Event!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So..... Here's my dilemma.

I have been using shellac since November last year and loved it.... Until all my lids started to break and now half of my bottles won't tighten properly. After a lot of thought I have now invested in gelish and will probably be phasing out my shellac once my current bottles have been used (still undecided).

I still really want to come to the event but if im not going to be continuing to use shellac, is it still worth me coming?

x x

have to say hun i dont understand how you are breaking your bottles so that the lids wont tighten!!! but if you have changed to gelish it doesnt mean you wont get anything from the event but having said that if your heart isnt in CND then it may be that you give your ticket up and give it to someone who DESPERATely wants it!!xx

Thanks Jojo. I do already have a ticket - I'm sure I will end up continuing to use shellac anyway - I've been looking forward to the event so think I will be keeping hold of my ticket :) maybe I should bring my shellac to the event and someone might be able to shed some light on why my lids keep breaking :) x

have to say hun i dont understand how you are breaking your bottles so that the lids wont tighten!!! but if you have changed to gelish it doesnt mean you wont get anything from the event but having said that if your heart isnt in CND then it may be that you give your ticket up and give it to someone who DESPERATely wants it!!xx

Thanks Souz,

I love CND and S2 and don't understand why's lids keep coming loose! The matt style ones are absolutely fine, just the newer shiney ones?! I don't think I am tightening them too much but maybe I am as I can't see why with such a good quality product it would be happening! The gelish bottles just seemed more robust lol. I really don't want to give up using shellac, it's just disheartening me is all :-(

x

Thanks Souz,

I love CND and S2 and don't understand why's lids keep coming loose! The matt style ones are absolutely fine, just the newer shiney ones?! I don't think I am tightening them too much but maybe I am as I can't see why with such a good quality product it would be happening! The gelish bottles just seemed more robust lol. I really don't want to give up using shellac, it's just disheartening me is all :-(

x

one thing for sure and certain no one is going too argue with you.
:lol:
You must be a strong woman.

one thing for sure and certain no one is going too argue with you.
:lol:
You must be a strong woman.

Lol - I would have come in handy for opening the new shellac bottles people couldn't unscrew! :)

I'm probably just paranoid I'm not doing them up tight enough so I'm over doing it - although I didn't think I was particularly strong haha x

Thanks Souz,

x

Just to let you know I accidently dropped a bottle of gelish on laminate flooring a while ago and it smashed :eek: I have dropped Shellac many times and the bottles have always been fine x

Just to let you know I accidently dropped a bottle of gelish on laminate flooring a while ago and it smashed :eek: I have dropped Shellac many times and the bottles have always been fine x

Note to self : don't drop gelish bottles lol!

I can't imagine not using shellac as I love it and have been soooo excited about the event! Will just have to make sure I'm more careful when tightening my bottles and hope that that's the issue :)

I was wanting to add gelish anyway as I have had some requests for it so its not money wasted :)

Anyway - sorry for going off topic! - Looking forward to meeting all you wonderful geeks in 8 weeks time!!!!!

x

Sorry still off topic - choose your Gelish colours carefully, loads of them say they are opaque and really are not, i find loads of them really wishy washy and have been really disappointed that they are so different from the web site x

Anyway - sorry for going off topic! - Looking forward to meeting all you wonderful geeks in 8 weeks time!!!!!

x

can't believe it's only 8 weeks to go! :) I need to get on with finding a dress for Sunday night!

Me too jo Jo nails. What style are you thinking of getting?

Me too jo Jo nails. What style are you thinking of getting?

Not sure, as long as it's got a bit if sparkle, that's all I want! Haha :) What's everyone else wearing for the party?

I've been searching for something but just can't see anything I like. I'm a bit of a hippy and generally live in my All Saints boots but I really want a flowy boho kinda maxi dress.
I'm going to Leeds soon so might try and see if there's anything there!

i cant find anything i like so far for the party!

JemBella, one of my clients the other day used to live in or near leeds and she said it is amazing for shopping :o)) although where usually I would start drooling I was still more excited about the event!!

I've brought a Ted Baker black cocktail dress but am now thinking it may be a little plain so have started looking again (don't tell my husband!!)

Got my Geek T shirts, although they were a little snug when I tried them I hoping that now I'm a little lighter and will be even more so by end of April that they will be fine.

Are you all going blingy so I will look plain jane?

H xx

When are we wearing the geek tshirt? Sunday daytime??? Just so I don't get it wrong and look like a **** rather than a geek! Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
When are we wearing the geek tshirt? Sunday daytime??? Just so I don't get it wrong and look like a **** rather than a geek! Lol!

Lol! Are those coming up on the sat wearing them then so we can all spot each other at stations, trains, hotels, bars!?

I thought the Sunday and Monday dress code was smart casual so I'm not sure if geek tshirts fit into this....?

Lol! Are those coming up on the sat wearing them then so we can all spot each other at stations, trains, hotels, bars!?

I thought the Sunday and Monday dress code was smart casual so I'm not sure if geek tshirts fit into this....?

yes agreed, i would of thought the saturday for t shirtsx

Ahhhh I see - my confusion! Ignore me! So I don't necessarily really need one as I'm coming up till late and unlikely to bump into any fellow geeks! That's what was confusing me - the smart dress versus geek tshirt a etc! Glad I checked! Hagar!

I've got visions of anyone wearing a 'Geek' t-shirt in Leeds being mobbed by a friendly group of nail techs and being frog marked to the event before they have the chance to say they're just wearing a geek t-shirt because they like it!!! :)

Ooooo can't wait! Where did you all get your geek tshirts from and were they expensive? :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back