CND, The Event!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same, I went out & bought a new floor length dress with sequins in February, now worried it might be a bit too much, but it was very expensive & probably won't get the opportunity to wear it again for a long time, I am so glad to read there are others with floor length/ dressy dresses.
Getting excited now! Wonder what we will be doing this time next week!
I was going to take a holder but looks like I will be taking a suitcase now, especially now as there will be a mini shop set up, I am bound to buy more goodies! x

Oh that's ok glad I won't be the only one then. Once we are there don't think it will matter what we will be wearing as we will be having to much of a good time. X

Hi angelcake, sorry to hear you have had a tough few months! What great timing for you to come along to the event with like minded ladies who will no doubt welcome you and give you a weekend to remember! Can't wait to meet you with all the others! Xxx

Thank you. I'm just in the process of ordering a badge with my Salongeek name on x

Angelcake - many of us have been in your situation and it's never fun.... so, what better than to hang with a bunch of fun, like-minded, warm, caring women... (and Ian lol :D) - it will be GOOD FOR YOU. So happy you are coming!!:Love:

It sounds like just what I need at the moment x

Hi again everyone. I ordered my event tickets within minutes of them being released but haven't contributed much to this thread recently because my husband and I separated a month ago and I wasn't sure if I'd still be able to come : (
Anyway, thanks to my wonderful mum who will stay at my house next weekend and look after the kids I can now attend The Event : )
I don't really know anyone although I will probably recognise a few faces from various courses I have done over the past year at the Manchester Academy.

put a photo of yourself up hun, let us see you! xxxx

Me too!

not worn a dress or a skirt for about 5 years. totally not my thing. I understand your pain. lol.

the dress i've gone for can be worn again with leggins/ footless tights.

also never wear any shoes except my knee high boots or flipflop style sandal.

should be interesting ;-)

Haha you sound just like me! The dress I'm thinking of wearing is a plain black swing dress, I haven't the legs to go bare so footless tights/leggings underneath and some sparkly shoes.
I really wanna wear my black skinny jeans, heels and this gorgeous sequin drape jacket I have but I'd look more like "Saturday night hitting the town" and out of place if everyone's in dresses.

Rinn- wear trousers!

wear the dresses girls - wear the dresses!

put a photo of yourself up hun, let us see you! xxxx

I've changed my profile pic now. It's the only pic of myself that I've got on my phone x

Haha you sound just like me! The dress I'm thinking of wearing is a plain black swing dress, I haven't the legs to go bare so footless tights/leggings underneath and some sparkly shoes.
I really wanna wear my black skinny jeans, heels and this gorgeous sequin drape jacket I have but I'd look more like "Saturday night hitting the town" and out of place if everyone's in dresses.

Rinn- wear trousers!

You won't be out of place, I'm wearing something similar :biggrin:

You won't be out of place, I'm wearing something similar :biggrin:

Dress or skinny jeans?! :wink2:

I just tried on the dress and it looks lovely with this big thick waist cincher belt I have...it's more comfy than skinny jeans as well, won't have to suck in all night!

I've started packing.

Dress or skinny jeans?! :wink2:

I just tried on the dress and it looks lovely with this big thick waist cincher belt I have...it's more comfy than skinny jeans as well, won't have to suck in all night!

I've started packing.

I have like a dress, blousy type long top that ties at the back that I will be wearing with footless tights. It's nice and dressy and summery. :biggrin:

Oooh sounds lovely! That's grand, feel good about my outfit choices now! I've no time to go shopping now so I'm just going to pack and I'll have what I have.

You can be my footless tights sister!

Fir sunday I am wearing a knee length dress from Reiss- sort of brown&black, i think it's quite classy and surely understated.... Although it's covered in tinny sequins ;) not iyf :)

Day Time I have a dress for Sunday and long shirt & leggins for Monday. Woop woop how exciting :)

Totally forgot about daywear, been too preoccupied with cocktail dresses!! Are there any guidelines for daywear or can we wear what we like? (within reason :) ) x

Can I just say that next 7 days will be probably one of the most exciting days in my life!

On Monday I'm having laser eye surgery to set me free from my glasses!

On Wednesday my dream log cabin/salon garden is being built

And...

On Sunday it's my birthday and The Event starts!

I've actually peed my pants now from joy!!!!!!

Totally forgot about daywear, been too preoccupied with cocktail dresses!! Are there any guidelines for daywear or can we wear what we like? (within reason :) ) x

Smart casual so I guess nothing ott x

Free interpretation ;)

if i remember right, earlier in thread it was mentioned no blue denim, hth xxx

After trying on every dress in town I've finally got home and dug out my old favourite it's a big 50s black and white polka dot dress and decided I'm wearing that hope I don't look too daft in it. Can't wait to meet you all!!

There's going to be a whole mix of outfits at the party so I'm sure none of us will look daft. As long as you're happy and comfortable in what you choose then that's all that matters. I was stressing over this too but some lovely geeky friends soon put me at ease. So don't fret ;)

And as for daytime, the dress code is to be professional looking, so smart casual. I have jersey blazers to go with little tops and black trousers. That bit was easy! :)

Can't blimmin wait! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

After trying on every dress in town I've finally got home and dug out my old favourite it's a big 50s black and white polka dot dress and decided I'm wearing that hope I don't look too daft in it. Can't wait to meet you all!!

A few of us are wearing 50,s style :)
Vicki x

I hadn't even given daywear a thought! *dashes off to raid wardrobe*

Thinking of retailing emergency Remove Tubes from my hotel room on the Saturday night ;)

Sooooo excited x

Latest posts

Back