Collapsing pooch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Don't know what to do for the best atm, Lucy pooch (12 1/2 year old Boxer) has done some more collapsing on us the last hour or so. She collapsed in the lounge & was all shaky. As her shaking subsided we tried to see if she could get up again & bribed her with some food. She managed to get up from where she was, ate the treat, paced a few paces then went to lay down on her bed. She ok now but sure knows how to scare the beejesus out of me!!

Not sure whether to call the vets or wait to see how she is tomorrow. Feel sick with worry :sad:

Don't know what to do for the best atm, Lucy pooch (12 1/2 year old Boxer) has done some more collapsing on us the last hour or so. She collapsed in the lounge & was all shaky. As her shaking subsided we tried to see if she could get up again & bribed her with some food. She managed to get up from where she was, ate the treat, paced a few paces then went to lay down on her bed. She ok now but sure knows how to scare the beejesus out of me!!

Not sure whether to call the vets or wait to see how she is tomorrow. Feel sick with worry :sad:

If you are worried call the bets, they will be able to put your mind at rest. Hope all goes ok xxx

A big hug; it must be so worrying. They just can't tell you what's wrong, can they?

Call the vet, if only for your sake.

Hope all goes well. x

Vets, make sure she's drinking too in the meantime

Aww, call the vets now Hun. If anything happens you won't forgive yourself. Something's obviously not right and it's better to be safe than sorry x

My sisters dog has a problem with his heart - it's something that boxer dogs are unfortunately prone to.

It sounds worse than it is - he's on medication and is doing great. He's also older so they have to make sure he doesn't overdo it and run around to much.

Fingers crossed yours is ok. Let us know how he gets on with the vet.

Fingers crossed for you both.

I agree, call the vets, if only to get some advice and put your mind at ease.

I know exactly what you're feeling as I'm just off the phone to my vet. My dog has been diagnosed over the phone as having a respiratory infection, I feel ill with worry myself and can't help thinking it may turn serious overnight :(

I hope you get some advice and are able to put your mind at ease x

Well, I threw some bread outside for the birds a short while ago & Lucy hot footed it out there to demolish it all....So I think we're all ok for tonight but will be keeping a close eye on her the rest of the week.

My dog has a condition called episodic falling. He is a cavalier king Charles spaniel. He's had it happen quite a few times but not in a long while. Sometimes it's like he's having a mini fit, sometimes he sort of freezes and starts falling to the side. It tends to be either from over excitement or tiredness. They can be given medication once is been diagnosed but the condition itself apparently doesn't hurt/harm the dog. We were told to video record it to show the vet what happens to him.
Hope this helps and hope ur dog is ok x x

Latest posts

Back