Colour therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How interesting ,
I hate the colours red, brown, and pea green I love all blues cool lilacs not fussy on pink though
I love bluey greens,
I don't like black , but I wear it because it's slimming and looks neat :)
:hug: x minky

As discussed, black although neat slimming and power dressing actually says the opposite.

You love blues and lilacs, but hate the stronger colours. It indicates that you hate disorganisation, you dispair of sloppy work. Pale lilac shows that you are a good listener, sympathetic up to a point, you are approachable and kind. Blue is for communication, so you would make an excellent educator.

This statement is for you:

I have high ideals, am creative and sensitive. I love to provide a service.

I love blue, particularly the turquoise shades. I have always (don't ask me why) disliked orange.

I love blue, particularly the turquoise shades. I have always (don't ask me why) disliked orange.

Hey birthday girl! How ya doin?

Blue and especially turquoise is the communicators colour. Turquoise is actually the best colour to wear to an important meeting. Full of fresh ideas, one to have the "eureka" moment!

Orange is the complementary colour, and should be used to balance. You can up your carrots, orange peppers and oranges, or wear some cheeky orange undies. Orange is fun to be around and is good for the immunity.

Hey birthday girl! How ya doin?

Blue and especially turquoise is the communicators colour. Turquoise is actually the best colour to wear to an important meeting. Full of fresh ideas, one to have the "eureka" moment!

Orange is the complementary colour, and should be used to balance. You can up your carrots, orange peppers and oranges, or wear some cheeky orange undies. Orange is fun to be around and is good for the immunity.

Well I'm glad about the blue, in my job it is no bad thing!

I am good thanks Ann, have been spoilt rotten by everyone :)

Oooo will you do mine too

My fav is yellow because its generally summery and a happy colour but i hate brown because it muddy, dull and boring

x

Oooo will you do mine too

My fav is yellow because its generally summery and a happy colour but i hate brown because it muddy, dull and boring

x

Yellow, as you rightly said, is a sunshine colour, it brings a lightness to everything around us. Wear a yellow top, it will brighten up every corner that you are in. Yellow is related to the solar plexus chakra which is to do with stress levels, and is linked to the nervous system.

Brown is the colour of mother earth, keeps us grounded. Out of the earth new shots appear. By using brown and yellow together you will bring strength to any development and help it to grow.

You like yellow - hate brown. Be careful that you are not a business butterfly!

BLUE has always been my favourite colour.

I have an aversion to RED though ... no red clothes, can't wear red nail polish, don't have any red home accessories ... strange, but true.

BLUE has always been my favourite colour.

I have an aversion to RED though ... no red clothes, can't wear red nail polish, don't have any red home accessories ... strange, but true.

Loving your colours Noodle x

Blue is a good colour to have as your favourite, its mine all shades, but particularly turquoise, teal and aquamarine.

Blue calms us, cools us down, good for a fever and calms high blood pressure. Thyroid conditions also benefit from using blue, so if your metabolism is low use blue or violet.

Red, is passion, danger, peril, excitment. Red is the root chakra, to do with keeping grounded as well as sexual matters.

You have named 2 primary colours, indicating that you have strong opinions, not much grey area, its yes or no, negative or positive.

Infuse your life with a little orange, to keep you uplifited and not too chilled.

The good points of red is it is stimulating, gets up going, makes blood cells, gives us strength.
But it can make us agitated, over stimulate.

Looks like blue is overtaking as a popular choice of colour :)

Good choice fellow blue lovers :green:

Seems to be a lot of people liking pink on this site!

as said before, pink is for love, but is a cool tone, if its blue toned pink then definitely looking at the cool side, and you are blonde so suits you better.

We feel most comfortable in the colours that appear in our aura. With you liking pinky/blue tones, its relating to heart and throat chakras, which is love and communication. As you have the top chakras indicated, perhaps try and introduce some earthy colour to keep you grounded, perhaps you do a lot of inward thinking, mind racing 24/7.

OMG! So true!

Erm, thank you :green:

I stopped looking at meanings because I didn't want to be influenced so here goes.

colours I love but don't necessarily wear.
SOFT PINK with a blue tone
Coral but definitley not orange
Eu de nil - greeny turquoise

I actually don't care for primary colours and I never wear black anywhere near my face.

I wear allot of white and primrose yellow (soft shades) (well I do live in Spain). And I live in jeans most of the time. :lol:

Last edited:
I cannot stand the colour mustard:mad:. I know there is nothing wrong with it and a lot of people love it but it grates my nerves so much that it makes me feel really uncomfortable - I just can't stand the colour in any way shape or form?

I love baby pink, violet and lavender shades - well most pinks actually, but I really like looking at the bright Bollywood colours like cerise pink, gold, orange, blues and greens.

Would never wear them I live and die in black most of the time.

There use to be a shop in Greenwich old town that had bottles of different colours called Aura Soma (I think thats how you spell it) I'm not sure what you did with these bottles but I think you massaged the oils on your skin. There seemed to be about a hundred different combinations of coloured bottles in this shop everywhere - It was years ago I saw them but they were so pretty and I think it was something to do with colour therapy.

Last edited:
How ineresting!
I love sage green, am always drawn to it and deep purple
I am not a fan of lilac it reminds me of being ill. . . . lol i have no idea why x

This is fun thread and very interesting, I tend to change my colours with the seasons all summer I wore a lot of white, beige or black trousers or skirts, and my tops all had combination colours orange,green,pink,browns I very rarely wear single colour tops in the summer. My winter wardrobe generally consists of black, grey,brown,purple,blue. I honestly cant say I wear one particular colour unless you class denim. I wear my uniform nearly everyday black or grey or burgundy but always wear a scarf to inject a splash of colour.

I haven't read the thread yet because I don't want to be influenced, so I'll give you my favourite and not favourite colours then go and read the rest!!!

Favourite: Green, I like all shades of green. I also like purple and brown.

Not favourite: Navy blue. I also dislike yellow.

Right, I'm off to see what the rest of you are all about!!

Fave = Hot Pink - Feels girly & happy
Dislike = Greens - Feels miserable

Hmmm you havee your work cut out starting this thread xx

I'm loving it. Need to start with gigi and work down, its fab revision for me and most is coming from instinct but need to peek at my folder sometimes.

I stopped looking at meanings because I didn't want to be influenced so here goes.

colours I love but don't necessarily wear.
SOFT PINK with a blue tone
Coral but definitley not orange
Eu de nil - greeny turquoise

I actually don't care for primary colours and I never wear black anywhere near my face.

I wear allot of white and primrose yellow (soft shades) (well I do live in Spain). And I live in jeans most of the time. :lol:

Blues/pinks are summer personality/cool colours.
Gentle, calm, perfectionist, good listener but analytic and judgemental. Can find it hard to express feelings and often cuts nose off to spite their face when it comes to opportunities.
Coral is spring personality/warm colours
Lively, vivacious and effervecent. Impulsive, easy going, can be disorganised but hey what a laugh! Can juggle too many projects, can lack tack but make friends easily.
Turquoise is an excellent colour to wear for presentations. Cool, calm with fresh ideas.
White shows a perfectionist streak. It is excellent that you are wearing pastel colours with white as elp to build up confidence and peoples acceptance "warts and all". make sure you are well when wearing white, as it will make you look washed out.

I cannot stand the colour mustard:mad:. I know there is nothing wrong with it and a lot of people love it but it grates my nerves so much that it makes me feel really uncomfortable - I just can't stand the colour in any way shape or form?

I love baby pink, violet and lavender shades - well most pinks actually, but I really like looking at the bright Bollywood colours like cerise pink, gold, orange, blues and greens.

Would never wear them I live and die in black most of the time.

There use to be a shop in Greenwich old town that had bottles of different colours called Aura Soma (I think thats how you spell it) I'm not sure what you did with these bottles but I think you massaged the oils on your skin. There seemed to be about a hundred different combinations of coloured bottles in this shop everywhere - It was years ago I saw them but they were so pretty and I think it was something to do with colour therapy.
Mustard being a mix of yellow and brown, you don't like to be in one place too long and can feel tied down. Brown is an earthy colour, yellow sunshine. Would I be right in saying that you like everything pristine, would rather buy things in cellophane than have to touch raw meat?

Lilacs/pinks, etc show that you have high values, are devoted and loyal, and love to please people.

Aura soma is the bottles, they would be able to tell you your personality and likes/dislikes etc from it.

How ineresting!
I love sage green, am always drawn to it and deep purple
I am not a fan of lilac it reminds me of being ill. . . . lol i have no idea why x
Now sage green and deep purple contrast nicely.
Green is for the heart chakra, love that you give out, receive and love for yourself. With it being sage it shows that you know this, and love to have family around you and provide, entertain and nurture.
Deep purple shows you are creative and a sensitve soul with high ideals, and work to serve others and please people.

What you need to make sure though, is that you aren't taken advantage of.
Lilac is very similar in meaning to deep purple, but is more for people who are on a spiritual quest.

Latest posts

Back