Colour therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is fun thread and very interesting, I tend to change my colours with the seasons all summer I wore a lot of white, beige or black trousers or skirts, and my tops all had combination colours orange,green,pink,browns I very rarely wear single colour tops in the summer. My winter wardrobe generally consists of black, grey,brown,purple,blue. I honestly cant say I wear one particular colour unless you class denim. I wear my uniform nearly everyday black or grey or burgundy but always wear a scarf to inject a splash of colour.

Looks like you favour neutral colours for your bottom end but darker colours for your top end. Hmmmmm, interesting.
This to me would signify that you are very focused on what you want out of life, "a one-track mind", bit of a steamroller, your way or the highway.
In winter you choose darker colours winter personality cool colours.
Strong, self assured and aloof, but infact shy. Good organisers and leaders, and reliable in a crisis. Have a good career mind.

Now sage green and deep purple contrast nicely.
Green is for the heart chakra, love that you give out, receive and love for yourself. With it being sage it shows that you know this, and love to have family around you and provide, entertain and nurture.
Deep purple shows you are creative and a sensitve soul with high ideals, and work to serve others and please people.

What you need to make sure though, is that you aren't taken advantage of.
Lilac is very similar in meaning to deep purple, but is more for people who are on a spiritual quest.

this is so interesting :)
I am seeing a medium show this week. . . .maybe i am nervous about it which is why i am finding lilac a bit hard to take. Oh dear gone way off course now. Time for bed!

x

I haven't read the thread yet because I don't want to be influenced, so I'll give you my favourite and not favourite colours then go and read the rest!!!

Favourite: Green, I like all shades of green. I also like purple and brown.

Not favourite: Navy blue. I also dislike yellow.

Right, I'm off to see what the rest of you are all about!!

Liking green would indicate that you are a spring personality/warm colour.
Lively, vivacious and bubbly. Impulsive and grabs opportunities with both hands and running at the same time!
Brown is autumn personality/warm colour.
Career minded, independant, good organiser with more than one project at a time. Too much brown tends to lock you into a routine, introducing some yellow will bring strength to any projcet and green will help you expand and grow.

Blue is communication, so perhaps not vocal enough, get drowned out. Yellow is joyful but also frivilous. Would say you call a spade a spade.

Fave = Hot Pink - Feels girly & happy
Dislike = Greens - Feels miserable

Hmmm you havee your work cut out starting this thread xx

Oooh now hot pink (rrrroawww you saucy minx)!
Pink is summer personality/cool colour.
Gentle calm, soft, perfectionist. find it difficult to take credit where credit is due. Find it hard to express their feelings and often deny themselves opportunities to use their talent. As you have said hot pink then everything is magnified, or square rooted, so you tend to be larger than life with any decision that you make.

Green is often used to represent the heart chakra in place of pink. So, perhaps their is an issue with your image.
Green can be disorganisation, so perhaps that is what you dislike about the colour, you like things just so!

Thats everyone done.

You may or may not agree with what I've written about your colour choices, and would like some feedback. I am still developing and learning this, so any comments appreciated.

Blues/pinks are summer personality/cool colours.
Gentle, calm, perfectionist, good listener but analytic and judgemental. Can find it hard to express feelings and often cuts nose off to spite their face when it comes to opportunities.
Coral is spring personality/warm colours
Lively, vivacious and effervecent. Impulsive, easy going, can be disorganised but hey what a laugh! Can juggle too many projects, can lack tack but make friends easily.
Turquoise is an excellent colour to wear for presentations. Cool, calm with fresh ideas.
White shows a perfectionist streak. It is excellent that you are wearing pastel colours with white as elp to build up confidence and peoples acceptance "warts and all". make sure you are well when wearing white, as it will make you look washed out.

Thank you for all the hard work in putting all this down. :hug:

Everything but what's in red is not too far off the mark. I'm good at recognizing opportunities and would never cut my nose off to spite my face where they are concerned.

Liking green would indicate that you are a spring personality/warm colour.
Lively, vivacious and bubbly. Impulsive and grabs opportunities with both hands and running at the same time!
Brown is autumn personality/warm colour.
Career minded, independant, good organiser with more than one project at a time. Too much brown tends to lock you into a routine, introducing some yellow will bring strength to any projcet and green will help you expand and grow.

Blue is communication, so perhaps not vocal enough, get drowned out. Yellow is joyful but also frivilous. Would say you call a spade a spade.

Wow, pretty spot on there HC! I am impulsive but I also can get bogged down in routine and become unwilling to flex or change...... Maybe I do need to introduce some yellow to lift that when it happens :)!

As regards calling a spade a spade, I can be judgemental but I don't always have the confidence to say it out loud......

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this :hug:

Fantastic thread...will you do me please ! lol

I just absolutely love all colours really...I do wear alot of black...but more often than not love to wear a bright colour on top, and white also..as its crisp and clean...and shows ya tan up! lol

I love bright bold colours...I get really excited by colour :irked: and dont have an aversion to any colour in particularly...but cant stand wishy washy..it has to be bold and full, and my favourite colour changes...I absolutely love a vibrant teal/turquoise..but not usually in clothes...more in objects or cushions.

Bright orange, and corally pinky orange I really love and wear regularly..I love love orange fabrics..I have orange voiles in my front room and a gorgeous embroidered sequined orange table cloth! :) ...but I can feel myself starting to fall in love with rich purples at the minute (like I say my faves change..I literally fall deeply, madly in love with a colour for a while and then it changes after a couple of months) but in general I love them all all of the time!!! :lol:

Mustard being a mix of yellow and brown, you don't like to be in one place too long and can feel tied down. Brown is an earthy colour, yellow sunshine. Would I be right in saying that you like everything pristine, would rather buy things in cellophane than have to touch raw meat?

Lilacs/pinks, etc show that you have high values, are devoted and loyal, and love to please people.

Aura soma is the bottles, they would be able to tell you your personality and likes/dislikes etc from it.

Wow - That's so clever. Not sure about not staying in one place. Only ever been in once place really and sometimes feel a bogged down and a bit trapped tbh (but thats life and don't we all at times). I am always saying I'm gonna put the kids in the car, throw caution to the wind and just drive off into the sunset, but then my reliable/loyal streak would be killing me (So just a daydream - would never ever do it!) But I do need every thing to be in order and it never is, but I would love to achieve a pristine life. Could never ever buy meat from a butcher, it has to be pre- wrapped in cellophane or even better shrink wrapped - but get what you mean so does everything else in my life need to be like that to a degree really. Thats really clever - still really hate mustard though and put it with brown and it really would bring on a migraine:eek:. Thanks xx

Fantastic thread...will you do me please ! lol

I just absolutely love all colours really...I do wear alot of black...but more often than not love to wear a bright colour on top, and white also..as its crisp and clean...and shows ya tan up! lol

I love bright bold colours...I get really excited by colour :irked: and dont have an aversion to any colour in particularly...but cant stand wishy washy..it has to be bold and full, and my favourite colour changes...I absolutely love a vibrant teal/turquoise..but not usually in clothes...more in objects or cushions.

Bright orange, and corally pinky orange I really love and wear regularly..I love love orange fabrics..I have orange voiles in my front room and a gorgeous embroidered sequined orange table cloth! :) ...but I can feel myself starting to fall in love with rich purples at the minute (like I say my faves change..I literally fall deeply, madly in love with a colour for a while and then it changes after a couple of months) but in general I love them all all of the time!!! :lol:

You've mentioned bright colours a few times in your description of yourself, and orange and purple are strong colours and opposite ends of the chakra system, I would say you can put your hand to most things, equally at home filing nails and then fixing the toaster!
Strong contrasting colours are winter personality/ Cool colours.
Seen as strong, self assured but aloof, you are comfortable in your own company. Good career minds, loyal, and fab to have in a crisis. Good organiser and probably make a better self employed therapist but could lead a small team.

Orange in the home is lovely, its a joyful colour, sunshine and warm. By coupling it with purple you are also showing that you are not too conventional, will wear a uniform provided for you but no doubt customise it or wear a wild scarf to go with or, nope! you would wear wild coloured tights!

Turquoise is a fab colour to wear for communication, teal is a warm looking colour and would be very approachable. Wear teal or turquoise to meetings and meeting the bank manager.

Remember to harmonise your house, although it sounds warm, it could be difficult to relax, almost like "Jazz for the eyes".

Wow, pretty spot on there HC! I am impulsive but I also can get bogged down in routine and become unwilling to flex or change...... Maybe I do need to introduce some yellow to lift that when it happens :)!

As regards calling a spade a spade, I can be judgemental but I don't always have the confidence to say it out loud......

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this :hug:
Yes and I said that you may struggle to communicate, so wearing some blue will help with communication, so you would be able to call a spade a spade when necessary.
Lets see you being a tiger not a pussy cat! Rooooaaaarrrrrr!

This is really interesting can you do mine please?:green:

My favourite colour is red I absolutely love it, I've got red walls in my lounge, lots of red dresses, love having red nails and have letterbox red and black hair lol. Love getting my decorations out for christmas as they're mostly red too.

As for the colour I dislike the most? I guess it would be grey as it's a bit dull and boring but even then I'd still wear it lol

Yes and I said that you may struggle to communicate, so wearing some blue will help with communication, so you would be able to call a spade a spade when necessary.
Lets see you being a tiger not a pussy cat! Rooooaaaarrrrrr!

Right I need some yellow and blue - then you lot better watch out!!!!

:hug:

This is really interesting can you do mine please?:green:

My favourite colour is red I absolutely love it, I've got red walls in my lounge, lots of red dresses, love having red nails and have letterbox red and black hair lol. Love getting my decorations out for christmas as they're mostly red too.

As for the colour I dislike the most? I guess it would be grey as it's a bit dull and boring but even then I'd still wear it lol

Red is danger, peril, excitment, passion. Its is also related to the circulatory system, think of all the red blood cells we need to produce. The root chakra is to do with being grounded - feet firmly planted on the ground.

Grey is a colour of acceptance, of someone in a routine and put up with their lot. To much grey can promote a critical outlook, so definitely pair it with strong colours.

Hi, i like red i wear alot of that, i also like white and grey, i do not like pink! lol, thankyou so much for creating this thread, its very interesting!! :hug:
Jo.Xx

Looks like you favour neutral colours for your bottom end but darker colours for your top end. Hmmmmm, interesting. GAWD ........
This to me would signify that you are very focused on what you want out of life, "a one-track mind", I AM A PERSON WHO NEEDS FOCUS AND A PLAN bit of a steamroller, NOT SURE - I DO GIVE PROJECTS MY ALL IF I MAKE MY MIND UP TO DO SOMETHING I WANT TO DO IT NOW NOT TOMOROW AND FEEL VERY FRUSTRATED IF I CANT GET ON WITH IT.
your way or the highway. I CAN TEND TO THINK I KNOW BEST - BUT WILL HAPPILY ADMIT WHEN I OBVIOUSLY DONT.
In winter you choose darker colours winter personality cool colours.
Strong, self assured and aloof, YES but infact shy. INITIALLY YES Good organisers and leaders, and reliable in a crisis. I DO LIKE TO ORGANISE AND CAN KEEP A COOL HEAD ON THE OUTSIDE (inside I will be shaking)Have a good career mind.

How cool pretty spot on really,
Thanks for taking the time to interpret mine. You certainly will be very good at this.
xxxxxx

Hiya, great thread!

I love pink, white and green.

I do wear black but only cos it looks smart for my hotel receptionists job.

There isn't really any colour I really don't like, but I suppose if I had to choose it would be .....Oh, I can't!

:green:

xx

Latest posts

Back