Comfy chair for nails - what are you all using?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Nail Tech

Reaction score
Ive done a little search (from my phone) and cant see much on this subject.

As we all know its vital to get the right chair to do nails in, both for ourselves as well as our clients.

I've been using some bentwood chairs from argos for the past year and they match my colour scheme but I know they're not the comfiest.

Ideally I'd want a chair as comfy as the Ikea Poang ones but I have one of those for pedicure and its not upright enough for nails.

Please please please share what you're using if you're happy with it. I'm sure there's lots of us in need of them!

x

Ive done a little search (from my phone) and cant see much on this subject.

As we all know its vital to get the right chair to do nails in, both for ourselves as well as our clients.

I've been using some bentwood chairs from argos for the past year and they match my colour scheme but I know they're not the comfiest.

Ideally I'd want a chair as comfy as the Ikea Poang ones but I have one of those for pedicure and its not upright enough for nails.

Please please please share what you're using if you're happy with it. I'm sure there's lots of us in need of them!

x

At the moment I have 2 high backed black leather dinning room chairs. I want to get some new ones but I'm also not sure what to get. I'm not sure if I should go for 2 chairs the same or get the client a nice big comfy one and buy a proper tech chair for me.

If I go down the route of chairs being the same I'm going to get 2 leather (or leather effect) executive chairs. Or it will be one of those for client and I'm. Leaning towards the REM clover stool (its actually a chair) from beauty express. I just can't make up my mind!

xxx

At the moment I have 2 high backed black leather dinning room chairs. I want to get some new ones but I'm also not sure what to get. I'm not sure if I should go for 2 chairs the same or get the client a nice big comfy one and buy a proper tech chair for me.

If I go down the route of chairs being the same I'm going to get 2 leather (or leather effect) executive chairs. Or it will be one of those for client and I'm. Leaning towards the REM clover stool (its actually a chair) from beauty express. I just can't make up my mind!

xxx

I know what you mean. I know it's nice to get yourself a professional chair but in another sense I always feel like it looks a little odd that you haven't got two matching chairs to client, like a bit of a jumble sale of chairs.

Also at least of you have two the same you'll know that you're completely level with each other and therefore now other of you are straining.

I'm now thinking to get the executive style chairs but I want to avoid them looking too officey

Anyone with suggestions please?

x

x

I'm looking for chairs too!
So ill watch this space.

One suggestion I have is Argos, saw some on their website.

I know I just love them!

That price is for one believe it or not but I managed to get a couple of undamaged ex display ones for a fraction :wink2:

I have two of these. http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/70224756/ so comfy and height adjustable great for pedis and my foot rest too. back is tight mesh so breathable, washable and good support and seat can be wiped clean- which is fabulous after my blue additives nightmare where I ended up looking like a Smurf! Ikea deliver too. Just need to stop my son spinning on them!! They come also in pink, green and blue :)

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Happy feet, this is the chair I ordered last week but IKEA got back and said it was out of stock :( So I've gone with the TORVEL one instead for myself and a visitor chair for clients. I'll let you all know how comfy they are when they arrive soon! Can't wait for my IKEA delivery!

Sarah xxx

In my opinion it looks to much like an office, and i hate the swivel ones as when i am filling it tends to swivel and can be frustrating when i have to constantly have to fix it.

(btw i do interior design) so i look out for these things :)

I liked Buy Louis Floral Chair at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Dining chairs.

this one is sophisticated and doesnt swivel! just make sure it has a good height for your nail bar/ work station :)

and go for one that is easy to clean and carry :)
i like to make sure that its practical for what i need it for!

HTH

I had a similar thing few months ago, I had two high back executive chairs but wanted something more comfy for my client when doing pedis, hunted around and kept coming back to a chair that I'd sat in loads at my dentist (broke a tooth on a tuity fruity) so hunted it down and found them at macros and bought one, was meant to be just for pedis but a lot of my friends and clients ask to sit in it having their nails done, as they say it is so comfy, I have a nice cushion for it too if needed, it swivels but doesn't move on wheels but very light so easy for moving, so now I do have 2 options of chair for my clients but thought I'd just mention this one

Please excuse messy room, I'm painting pops and no clients today :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352293177.722616.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352293177.722616.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 327
I have the clover chair for myself. It's about £100 and the a chair for the client which I got from Dwell. Everyone says its really comfy. It's the Retro Circles chair. Cost me £115.

That's the one!

Happy feet, this is the chair I ordered last week but IKEA got back and said it was out of stock :( So I've gone with the TORVEL one instead for myself and a visitor chair for clients. I'll let you all know how comfy they are when they arrive soon! Can't wait for my IKEA delivery!

Sarah xxx

I love my chairs and my clients always comment how comfy they are too so I hope you love them too honey. Have fun putting them together when they arrive lol. They are nice wide for my ample buttocks too ha ha. I spent a long time trying out different chairs, tried them out in ikea too before I ordered which was really helpful. Enjoy honey :)

Edit sorry just realised you said you ordered different ones doh! Well enjoy your new ones instead x x x
Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

This is my chair, but if I'm honest my round chair is more comfy :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352293820.895501.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352293820.895501.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 318
This is my chair, but if I'm honest my round chair is more comfy :)

(I really should have tidied before snapping this pic lol)

Latest posts

Back