Comfy Client cushion system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep something suss about all those posts from 'new geeks' - the wording is all very marketing-like, all the capitalization etc. And the emphasis on BATH Holistics just after someone commented about a post coming from the same area! Hehe, transparent!

Saying that, I've always been intruded by the comfey client but not felt it is vital which is why I haven't gone for it - like fozzyo says all you need are strategically placed towels and your client is as happy as a pig in...you know!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am a huge fan of the comfy client cushion and its clear that most of you don’t know about the cushion (apart from new geeks) and that you know nothing about Carol May. She is honest and passionate and still works as a therapist. It is typical of her to ask other therapists who are customers to go on salon geek and post their HONEST information! All the new geeks have their own practice and you can check them out on the web or contact the company and ask for their number. If you knew Carol May you’d know that she encourages people to make informed choices balanced on honesty that’s why she would ask therapists who use the cushions to post their honest opinions about their experience.
I think it’s really sad that people want pick holes in a product they haven’t even tried. They’re often at shows just go and try it for yourselves. I hope more therapists who work with the cushions daily come and post their experiences.
:biggrin:

I am a huge fan of the comfy client cushion and its clear that most of you don’t know about the cushion (apart from new geeks) and that you know nothing about Carol May. She is honest and passionate and still works as a therapist. It is typical of her to ask other therapists who are customers to go on salon geek and post their HONEST information! All the new geeks have their own practice and you can check them out on the web or contact the company and ask for their number. If you knew Carol May you’d know that she encourages people to make informed choices balanced on honesty that’s why she would ask therapists who use the cushions to post their honest opinions about their experience.
I think it’s really sad that people want pick holes in a product they haven’t even tried. They’re often at shows just go and try it for yourselves. I hope more therapists who work with the cushions daily come and post their experiences.

Alright carol calm down

Listen, I don't want to get involved in politics at all. I don't quite understand why some people feel the need to insinuate that none of these comments are genuine. If it's that transparent, let people judge for themselves! No need to start saying people are being deceitful. I am a new geek, and that is purely coincidental.

All I know is that even with the best towel placement in the world, if you lie on a couch for 2.5 hours, it's going to get uncomfy. My client's comfort is vitally important to me, and I'm willing to try new things to increase this comfort. My comfy client arrived today, and I am going to try it out myself this afternoon. I have a very bad lower back, so it will be interesting to see whether I think it makes a difference. I'll also feed back to you all in a week's time to see if I think it's worth investing. However, I will only be able to give a limited view as I only do eyelashes. Having said all that, if it really is that good, maybe I'll just keep the news to myself and retain a competitive advantage over others that haven't got it!! lol.:D

As a Holistic Therapist in Bath I would not be without the Comfy Client Cushion System. I use it for all my couch treatments - reflexology, massage, reiki and more. Clients love it as when lying prone they can dangle their arms over the edge of the couch and they do not get pins and needles. I can place a hot stone
so that it warms the sacrum without the client feeling any discomfort. Easy to clean with a great carry/storage case.

As someone who has also received a lot of treatments I can say that many times I have felt uncomfortable on a couch but have not said a word to the therapist - I just didn't return.

If you were uncomfortable and the therapist didn't check then they are at fault, but you are free to choose where you want to go anyway.

I think it is false economy to buy a cheap couch and then expect a client to lie on it for unto 90 mins and want to return for another treatment.

Why do you suppose a therapist has a cheap couch. I have had an Oakworks couch for the last 15 years and it has served me well (an no it was not cheap).

And probably more relevant. My clients return because of the quality of my massage not because of what they lie on! To infer that clients will not return unless you use one is ridiculous.

So personally I feel it demonstrates excellent professionalism to invest in good quality equipment that enhances the client experience and for me, and my clients, the Comfy Client Cushion System does just that.

While I'm sure it is comfortable, I cannot see that it is any more comfortable than towels/face hole cushion/bolsters I use at a fraction of the cost. I would also find it rather cumbersome when the client had to turn over. However, each to their own and if they want to spend that sort of money, then fair enough.

JCPark: While I'm sure it is comfortable, I cannot see that it is any more comfortable than towels/face hole cushion/bolsters I use at a fraction of the cost. I would also find it rather cumbersome when the client had to turn over. However, each to their own and if they want to spend that sort of money, then fair enough.

No, Nobody can SEE why it may be more comfortable that's why you have to FEEL it. Turning is not an issue. Like you said each to their own and it's not for everyone as not every one will consider that level of investment but those that do certainly stand out from others, that's what my clients tell me, even acupuncture brings better results because the core muscles are completely relaxed. Hope to read more posts from therapists who've been using it for a while:biggrin:

JCPark: While I'm sure it is comfortable, I cannot see that it is any more comfortable than towels/face hole cushion/bolsters I use at a fraction of the cost. I would also find it rather cumbersome when the client had to turn over. However, each to their own and if they want to spend that sort of money, then fair enough.

No, Nobody can SEE why it may be more comfortable that's why you have to FEEL it. Turning is not an issue. Like you said each to their own and it's not for everyone as not every one will consider that level of investment but those that do certainly stand out from others, that's what my clients tell me, even acupuncture brings better results because the core muscles are completely relaxed. Hope to read more posts from therapists who've been using it for a while:biggrin:

Debbiedobs, I am not questioning the comfort just the surmise that it will make a difference to whether clients return or not. Good massage therapists stand out because of the quality of massage they give, not what they lie on! The standard of massage in the UK is generally very low and if I am allowed to be blunt, I would suggest that the money would be better spent on more in depth training.

For the record, i'm not Carol (although i have met her when i was introduced to the cushion), I have absolutely nothing to do with the making/retail/promoting of the cushion (All i did was brought one!) and I've only posted my honest thoughts and experiences with the cushion, if someone was to ask me my opinion in the street i would answer the same thing. (Thought i'd clear that up!)

Like i have said before, the best thing you can do concerning the cushion is to try it yourself and get your own opinion of it either have a treatment on one, ring the company to find out where/when you can try it or find out what shows they're doing so you can see it there, you cant really judge a product you've not tried yourself can you?

I have actually emailed Carol and asked if she will let me trial the Comfy Client. I've been tempted to buy it for quite a while but it is expensive. I do a lot of eyelash extensions and it is a long time for clients to lie on the couch and they start to fidget after an hour or so, so I'm hoping it would help with that.
I've not had a reply yet but if I can trial it then I will report my findings. Most of you who know me, know that I will give an honest review :biggrin:

Could everyone please chill ....maybe find a comfy cushion to relax on ;)

If there were any dual IDs then the Mod team would know about it and would sort it out. So there is no need to bandy about any accusations, and lets just accept that happy customers have posted on here. It is quite common for people to come across this site by accident and see a thread about something they like therefore join and add their feedback then spread the word for others to do likewise.
We have several long running threads about other product lines and hair suppliers and even books by geeks and no one gets upset.

Also if anyone thinks there is any jiggery pokery going on at any time on any thread then the correct course of action is to report it not post with all guns blazing...okay, thank you and goodnight!

JC Park: Debbiedobs, I am not questioning the comfort just the surmise that it will make a difference to whether clients return or not. Good massage therapists stand out because of the quality of massage they give, not what they lie on! The standard of massage in the UK is generally very low and if I am allowed to be blunt, I would suggest that the money would be better spent on more in depth training.

I agree with you JC to a point of course it's the treatment that counts however in my experience, I tried loads of towels bolsters etc, & my clients just fidgeted, maybe you have perfected the nack? I personally love seeing them lie prone for an hour without moving & when they lie supine I can get into their neck & lower back with no pressure on my own hands which I had before & I love the way I can temporarily extend my couch for larger clients by pulling out the lower part of the cushion and making them arm rests. My diary has definitely filled and I'd like to think that's because I offer great treatments (I've studied hard) and I believe the cushions DO make a real difference. Seriously, I suggest you try it! Yes I agree about regulation of massage in the UK and also agree with you that in depth training is most important. :biggrin:

This looks good can someone pm me the price of this cushion please and dies anyone know if they are going to be at pro beauty in Manchester this weekend?

JC Park: Debbiedobs, I am not questioning the comfort just the surmise that it will make a difference to whether clients return or not. Good massage therapists stand out because of the quality of massage they give, not what they lie on! The standard of massage in the UK is generally very low and if I am allowed to be blunt, I would suggest that the money would be better spent on more in depth training.

I agree with you JC to a point of course it's the treatment that counts however in my experience, I tried loads of towels bolsters etc, & my clients just fidgeted, maybe you have perfected the nack? I personally love seeing them lie prone for an hour without moving & when they lie supine I can get into their neck & lower back with no pressure on my own hands which I had before & I love the way I can temporarily extend my couch for larger clients by pulling out the lower part of the cushion and making them arm rests. My diary has definitely filled and I'd like to think that's because I offer great treatments (I've studied hard) and I believe the cushions DO make a real difference. Seriously, I suggest you try it! Yes I agree about regulation of massage in the UK and also agree with you that in depth training is most important. :biggrin:

Well, in 20 years as a sports and remedial massage and holistic therapist (I'm not a beauty therapist so have no need for it for other treatments), I can't remember having a client fidget and as I have a two week wait for clients to see me privately, I can't see the benefit for me ;). These sorts of cushions have been around for a while and I've come across a number of different versions. As I'm now moving away from bodywork into mental therapies, I shall stick with what I know and use, but as I said, if people want to invest in them then fine, but it is possible to make a client comfortable and supported without them. However, I still take exception to the claim that you will lose clients if you don't use one from one of the other posters.

This looks good can someone pm me the price of this cushion please and dies anyone know if they are going to be at pro beauty in Manchester this weekend?

I cant remember off the top off my head how much i paid but you can have a look on the website, Home and you could try calling the company and asking if they will be at the show.

Well, in 20 years as a sports and remedial massage and holistic therapist (I'm not a beauty therapist so have no need for it for other treatments), I can't remember having a client fidget and as I have a two week wait for clients to see me privately, I can't see the benefit for me ;). These sorts of cushions have been around for a while and I've come across a number of different versions. As I'm now moving away from bodywork into mental therapies, I shall stick with what I know and use, but as I said, if people want to invest in them then fine, but it is possible to make a client comfortable and supported without them. However, I still take exception to the claim that you will lose clients if you don't use one from one of the other posters.
I can't see where anyone said you would lose clients if you didn't use the cushions? I've always been busy because of the treatments I offer but can HONESTLY say that my clients feel a real difference in comfort now that I use them, and they tell me that they enjoy my treatments even more. Yes they were happy before but now they can compare their experience between a normal couch and one with the cushion and they all prefer the cushion. I personally find it easier for me to work with as well as I used to struggle getting behind (particularly large clients) shoulders when doing a facial and now I can get right down their back. I would not work without it now.

I had an email reply from Carol and I can't trial the Comfy Client.
She said they exhibit at shows and I could try it there but I always go to the main beauty shows and I've looked out for them and they're never there. They are exhibiting somewhere this weekend but I'm away this weekend and I'm not going to travel miles to a show anyway just to try one product. She did say she would give me a list of local salons and I can ring them and ask to try it but I don't feel comfortable doing that so I guess that's that.
Does anyone know any other cushions please?

I'd be interested to know if any other brands offer this too, as it seems like a fab idea but the obvious advertising in the form of various forum postings has put me off this one.

I'd be interested to know if any other brands offer this too, as it seems like a fab idea but the obvious advertising in the form of various forum postings has put me off this one.

I saw something similar in the back of the salons direct catalogue x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't see where there is obvious advertising? I've checked the new posts and the businesses do exist and they advertise the cushion, I just googled the names.
I've had the Comfy Client Cushions since 2008 and they are still in excellent condition and used almost daily. The Affinity body bolster is a copy version of the Body Cushion made in USA. The Body Cushion is well made, the Affinity body bolster is made in China. I almost bought the Body Cushion, it looks an excellent product and receives good reviews. The only reason I went for the comfy client cushion was because I could interlock it for all my treatments and temporarily extend my couch for the larger clients. Plus the cushions are lovely and soft, I didn't fancy the metal near the face with the body cushion. However the USA body cushion is far better quality than the copy body bolster and if I mainly did floor work I would definitely have bought the body cushion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back