Competition 3 D Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qutique

Reaction score
Hello

Hopefully I will be competing in Paris doing nail designs.

Can anyone tell me how to make 3d people and animals? i want to start practicing and coming up with a concept.

Thanks so much

there are tutorials here, but not sure there are any for animals, failing that what about trying utube, there are lots of tutorials on there?? I know there was a girl that did a great stiletto shoe tutorial hth x

If you are serious about competing then why don't you take a class from Kirsty Meakin? Sorry, but it seems strange to me that you want to enter a competition and think a few video's or tutorials from people who probably never competed would give you the skills to be successful.

Nail`d It Salon and Training Academy

Agreed, I apologise for forgetting Sam for a moment. Lack of sleep and caffine gives me a memory like a fish

I am sure Sam & Kirsty would love to fly over to Antigua!!!....but fear it may work out quite expensive for poor Qtique!!!

for me personally 3D has kinda lost it..... there is very little work done on the floor these days.

If a tech came along that actually did/constructed the work before people eyes, they would blow the competition out of the water (that's how we used to do it).

Now, many just bring along a lunchbox with half the stuff already done and plonk it on the nail.

Doing it this way nobody knows or learns the techniques or effort put into 3D.

And to be quite honest, anyone could have constructed the work, I think it's important to DEMONSTRATE your skills, not just adorn nails with ready made work.

As an avid competitor since 1988, I think 3D work is losing the plot, if I had a year to pre-do my work and plonk it on a nail and win ..... great, but would I get any satisfaction .... NO.

Hi Carl,

I tend to agree with you. But the problem of who did the work is not limited to 3D competitions it also applies to mixed-media and painting.

However, there are some comps where one or both hands have to be done during the comp. The first World Championship held in Munich (last weekend?) was one such event, competitions in Finland, Russia (some) and last weekends Baltic Beauty Show in Riga, Latvia also require this.

Bob

sam has a vid on you tube making a ballerina. Its only been on a week i believe. hth.

Latest posts

Back