Complete loss of confidence in lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I went with Lash Be Long after the Excel show in Feb. I've done quite a few and I don't think any one has been happy with them.

They go away happy but almost all lose most if not all within the first 2 weeks. I don't get it. I make sure the lashes are completely clean and dry and the glue is supposed to be one of the best. I've been really careful and they just don't last. I find people's expectations are far to high about them and I do try to manage them but they don't listen. I've had to replace so many for free 2 or 3 days later and it's just becoming more of a hassle than its worth. I've completely lost my confidence with them :( any one else feel the same? I just can't afford to try another brand, they all want a conversion course and I've only just spent £300 on buying in to this one. I'm thinking about dropping it all together but I'm struggling as it is and it does seem to be really popular.

SO frustrating! Combined with the fact that my next most popular treatment is fake bake and they haven't had any original in for weeks and I'm turning away business left right and centre, it's making me feel like giving up!

Hey hun,

Dont give up, i know its frustrating, can i ask how many sets you have done and what your routine is from when they lay down to glueing your first lash on. You may not need to go with a totally new brand just maybe try a new glue.

Hi I use glue from a company called Lashbase and it's really good! My mother in law still had quite a few lashes left even after 6 weeks!! It costs about £20.

Think you should just try a different glue, flirties glue is amazing xx

Most companies don't require you to do a conversion course to use their products, but some offer one for those who feel they need it.
basic routine should be to cleanse the lashes then prime them. Are you using a primer? Is your cleanser oil free?
When applying make sure you are bonding the lash from almost root to tip (not touching the skin). All semi-permanent EE glues will last longer than a few days, so unlikely to be your glue.
Also are you applying it to the correct lashes? The ones that are about half way through their growth cycle. these are the best lashes as the longer ones ar about to fall out and at the end of their growth cycle.
Not sure if any of that helps at all xx

Don't give up!!! I had exactly the same problem!

My actual problem was not using a good enough primer and not applying enough lashes. How many lAshes are you applying, are you trying to fill about 95% lashes. Were all bound to lose lashes everyday, if you hAve filled most of them, then by 2-3 weeks later they will still have a lot left in. Are you applying enough glue too? I use lashbase lashes, flirties primer and eyelash emporium ultra glue. I smother lashes in primer first and let them dry while I am preparing the lashes for couple mins :)

I am having exactly the same problem with marvel lash glue i know its not my application because it does last on some clients however on others it does. Does this mean it is the client or the glue?
Please help i really like doing the lashes but am feeling a bit hopeless

Im having the same problem ive been using premier eyelash glue i find it so thick and goopy i hate it I dont use a primer whats the best sizes do you use plz help

Im having the same problem ive been using premier eyelash glue i find it so thick and goopy i hate it I dont use a primer whats the best sizes do you use plz help

Depending on what look the client is after - I like using the b curl as a general lash because it's easy to apply but still has a nice curl! For a natural set I use 0.15 thickness with lengths 8mm 9mm 10mm 11mm
If I want a bit more drama I add some 12mm and 13mm to the ends for the 'angel wing' look!
So for eg mix them up like this:
8, 8, 8, 9, 8, 9, 9, 10, 9, 10, 11, 11, 9

:lol:
Think you should just try a different glue, flirties glue is amazing xx
i have changed from blinks glue to flirties and thinks its amazing i love it:confused:

I changed from marvel lash glue to flirties too. Marvel lash glue is rubbish! Flirties is fab! x

There have been DOZENS of threads on this already hun with plenty of answers from experienced geeks.

Grab yourself a cuppa and a few biccies and spend the afternoon searching previous threads.

You'll be amazed at how many people have had the same issues and some great advice has been given.

OMG I am the exact same! I brought this into my salon a year ago, it was all the new hype over here until clients started coming back! I used lash belong as well, cost me £350 altogether, such a waste of money! I ditched it altogether, now its lying gathering dust.

Hi

just wondering what everyone thinks to nouveau glue i myself have a reaction each time i use it and also it works best on some client and rubbish on others even a newly open bottle?

I had exactly the same problem when I first started out, people were coming back after a week and I was having to replace the lashes for free, I found out after trying a number of glues that it was the glue causing most of the lashes to come out so soon, I have found that the hollywood lashes glue is the best I have tried and I have stuck with this one as I don't get any complaints now!

Just a thought, but after having a couple of sets myself now and this latest set being more dramatic I have been paying a lot more attention to when the lashes fall out and in the few days they have been applied I have lost maybe 4, all of which had my own lash attached to them. Do lashes usually fall out on their own or attached to your lash? Mine still look perfectly fine even with the few I have lost and the reality is that you are going to lose some early on based on your lash cycle anyway. That is just common sense.

I teach the Marvel lash system and the glue is far from rubbish. It could be that the lashes you are applying are too long for the natural lash to support it. Therefore they will fall off and fall sideways. I use Marvel glue on my own lashes and the lashes do not fall off ever. Also make sure you slide the extension up the natural lash, just falling short of the eyelid and do not just plonk it on top of the natural lash.

Just a thought, but after having a couple of sets myself now and this latest set being more dramatic I have been paying a lot more attention to when the lashes fall out and in the few days they have been applied I have lost maybe 4, all of which had my own lash attached to them. Do lashes usually fall out on their own or attached to your lash? Mine still look perfectly fine even with the few I have lost and the reality is that you are going to lose some early on based on your lash cycle anyway. That is just common sense.

Yeah they most probably will be attached because the lashes wont really come off by themselves, they come off when your natural lashes shed. I think that's how it is I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong! x

I'm using marvel Lash extensions aswell and having the same problem, there falling out the next day.
Its knocking my confidence when client pays so much for the treatment.
I've done everthing the way i shou.d so dont really understand. maybe ill try a different glue!!!x

She is doing it correctly. On the lashes she is meant to. The glue isn't working for alot of people, and many have changed brands and had no trouble at all from what I have seen on here.

Change the glue LJB...flirties seems to be a popular choice after having problems with their glue for many people on here.

It'l be fine...you have probably found where the problem lies...so buy the appropriate products and chin up...you are doing great!!x

Latest posts

Back